Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Any computer experts here?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 04:06 PM
jseim44
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had alot of trouble with this particular thread actually. The e-mail links don't really work, and even just navigating normally doesn't. This time I was just able to hit "back" and it loaded up fine, but other times it hasn't. Oh well. Yes, I still am having problems.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:32 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok I am still having issues with my computer or its the site. I dont know. I cannot post anything unless I log in an then log out. I get the same error message. I must be the only one or am I not. I sure like this site but I am almost ready to give up on you guys/ OK what should I do. I would sendan error report but I dont like to give my phone number over the internet so that rules that out. Get rid off my computer. Get rid off internet explorer. It just got to the point where this site is an accessible to me. Id like to have some concrete answers on what to do. I really am baffled. 2 weeks an no FTEs driving me nuts. These ads on the site have really screwed me up. Seems like thats part off the problem. Isnt that funny when the site doesnt work thise ads work fine whats with that. Disgusted an waiting for help. What would you do if you were in my shoes. Thanks for listening to my ranting. I am just mad that Im having these issues for a long period off time.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:53 AM
tedbiv
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy hey

Hi 150ford,
Sorry I haven't been any help. Does your isp have an "accelerator" that runs on your dial-up connection? I use earthlink. When I have to use their dial-up service, there is a dial-up accelerator that runs compression on the line to make web pages transfer faster. When I was in the mountains, I could only get a 16kb connection. The accelerator had an option to re-sample the graphics images to a lower resolution. to speed up page download. For example, it would take a 640x480 down to 128x64. The images looked like crap, but it sped up the page transfer. You might look at your isp toolbar and see if they have something like this. The advertisements have very large and high quality graphic pictures imbedded in them.

tedbiv