Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   Any computer experts here? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/484547-any-computer-experts-here.html)

150ford 04-18-2006 08:54 AM

Any computer experts here?

Hey guys I was just wondering if theres any computer experts on here. I am having trouble mainly with this site. Heres the peoblem. I access a certain forum an then when I click to a certain thread I get this.

Internet explorer cannot open the internet site Ford trucks thread no. Blah,blah,blah. Operation aborted. This site is the only problem one I have. Have you guys had any problems with the site. Seems to be running slow for me latly. Any help guys would be appreciated. I am no computer guru so use laymens terms when explaining something. I am using Windows XP by the way.

150ford 04-18-2006 11:03 AM

Anybody know anything. I apprecaite your help

tedbiv 04-18-2006 11:17 AM

more info?

can you cut and paste the error message from internet explorer into a post? Sometimes it will tell you what settings need to be changed. It may be all the adds and such are trying to execute active-x and such programs, and you security settings are bocking them. It also may be trying to set a cookie on you r machine and be blocked.

tedbiv

CBSuperduty 04-18-2006 11:48 AM

I agree that seeing a screen shot would help (let me know if you need help on how to do this). I don't get this but I rarely use IE. Once I got used to FireFox's tabbed browsing there is no going back (even compared to IE 7's tabs).

150ford 04-18-2006 11:55 AM

I need to have help posting the screen shot. Tell me how an Ill do it. Theres the actual message an then another page explaining the problem.

tedbiv 04-18-2006 11:57 AM

another thought?

you migth also try flushing the internet cached pages. If for some reason there was an error on a page and it gets cached, it will continue to give you a new copy of the page. or try changeing your internet settings to load a new copy of pages every time you visit instead of useing cached versions

150ford 04-18-2006 12:01 PM

Sorry thats beyond me to understand that. Like I said I am no computer guru. Can you tell how to copy that page so I can show it to you.

tedbiv 04-18-2006 12:06 PM

no problem :)

goto the top of the internet explorer page

select tools
select internet options
on the general folder ( should be the current view ) select settings
check "every visit to the page" under "check for newer versions of the stored page"
select ok
select ok

then "kill" internet explorer and start it up again. try your page again.

150ford 04-18-2006 12:34 PM

Just tell me how to copy what Im seeing so you can. Then we can go from there. Is there a way I can do that or is impossible. Please tell me how to post pics please thats all I need to know. Does the site load fast for you guys or is it slow. Ive been on here 3 years an never seen it this slow. There something wrong with this site. Other people are having issues as well I think.Thanks for any help.

CBSuperduty 04-18-2006 01:37 PM

If you have the picture just email it to me at cbsuperduty @ gmail . com (remove the spaces). If you don't have the picture you will need to press the print screen key the next time you get the error message and then go into word or paint and paste (control V) the picture.

jseim44 04-18-2006 09:17 PM

Hey 150, let me know if that works. I've been having the same problem the last few days. It is a bit of an annoyance.

EDIT-- I followed tedbiv's instructions and I think it may have worked (at least for now anyways)

HarryD001 04-18-2006 10:12 PM

I was having major problems last week with the forums could not figure it out. How I fixed my problem. Open IE and go into tools. Then internet options. then temporay internet files Delete your cookies and files. This will make you have to relog into the forums for a new cookie. Thats what fixed it for me. you could also try just logging out and relogging to see if that helps reset it

tedbiv 04-19-2006 08:10 AM

me too!

I had a similar problem when i was in the mountains, I have to use dial up. at home i use cable. at the mountains, i had connection issues ( 16kb speed ). at the end i got errors on all pages. when i got home, all the pages were having errors. I thougt my netowrk was messed up. I had to do the same thing. IE remembers what the last version of the pages downloaded were. So yes, flushing cache, flushing pages, flushing cookies makes IE reload everything. Glad it worked.

tedbiv

150ford 04-19-2006 09:53 AM

Well I hope Im back to normal so far so good. I went to my temporary internet files an cleared them an cleared cookies too an wala everything is fine so far. I had to login on this site again which isnt to bad. Thanks for all your help. Its much appreciated. Knock on wood so far so good.

150ford 04-19-2006 10:13 AM

Well I spoke to soon. Now when I log in thats where the trouble starts. I cant access threads at all. All I get is error messages. When Im logged out an visit as a guest eveything works great albeit slow. I have visted several sites today an this one is extremely slow compared to the others. Others I have no problem. This one is a nightmare. Its my favorite site unfortuantly. I wonder if its a virus. Im baffled. This site is having issues Im sure. I cant figure it out. Any more ideas. Im about ready to give up. Help.