Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Utah Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Utah Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wooddyusa

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Senior User

goodie350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up I can see!!

So I had lasik done on wed and am back to work. It's amazing how good my vision already is. No more glasses or contacts for me. The discomfort really wasn't that bad and it just took a minute for the laser to do its job. This is awsome that I don't have to worry about losing contacts anymore.

As a side note I broke the e-brake cable on the truck yeasterday for those keeping score.

1993 F350 Crewcab
7.3 IDI turbo 4X4 SRW
Old 01-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Postmaster

CobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on the eyes!!!

I have been fortunate most of my life that I have always had very good vision, but the last year I have noticed stairing at this monitor is starting to get to me. It won't be long before I go in to have my eyes checked...

E-brake broke, huh...

At least they didn't finish painting it and then have some kid back into it with a Ranger:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=451460

I finally quit keeping score. It began to use up too much time just keeping track.

When you can't buy what you want, build what you want.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:17 AM
Posting Guru

mistakenID is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mistakenID is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sometimes if it weren't for bad luck....well you know the rest. Too bad about the xp. We have an 86 Fiero GT in very good condition. A few years ago a kid made a left turn right in front of the wife and she could not avoid t-boning. She was almost stopped so the damage was fairly light but it took over a month to get the repairs done correctly and paint match. Finally got it back the the very first trip out of the driveway a guy fails to stop on a slick road and thumps into the back of the car. No luck at all LOL.

I know a few people that had that surgery and their vision was almost 20/20 afterward. What a great medical advancement. Now if they can just figure out how to keep massive scar tissue from forming in some peoples bodies....I might just be able to go back to work.

BTW David....now I know exactly where you live....looked at the pics in the referred thread....oooops
Dads 87 F-250
4x4-5sp 6.9 Turbo
73,000 original miles
Old 01-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Postmaster

CobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to behold
Well stop by some weekend!!! I would say stop by during the week, but I'll be gone for a few weeks only coming home on the weekends; but my Doberman will be here! He's not but 112lbs, but does likes to play....

j/k....

When you can't buy what you want, build what you want.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Elder User

mjwhip2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
You can see!!!!
Thats good, I'm thinking I am going to have to get mine checked out soon. I've always had good eyes but lately...

David, good to hear you got the X back, finally.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Senior User

goodie350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks

Well it's been about a week and I am really starting to feel and see great. At first I could see good but it just seemed like I was still wearing contacts. I am now realizing better that I don't have to wear them anymore. The feeling of freedom. I've had to have glasses since I was 7 so this is truly amazing. I wish I could have done this a lot earlier but always put it off because there were funner things at the time to buy.

David glad you finally got your christmas present back.

1993 F350 Crewcab
7.3 IDI turbo 4X4 SRW
Old 01-25-2006, 02:01 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Utah Chapter