Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Utah Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Utah Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wooddyusa

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Senior User

sltrrco is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Front License Plate Backet

Hello, Can anybody help me I need a front license plate backet for my '99 Ford F-250 Superduty. The dealer wants to charge me $14.00 for one. I was wondering is some one has seen any in the junk yard. Please help?
Old 12-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Postmaster

CobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to behold
Wish this was two weeks earlier. I gave away one that I know fits an '04 F250. I had it for my father's, but he bought one also.

I been in a few yards lately, but do not remember seeing a 250 anywhere.

When you can't buy what you want, build what you want.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Senior User

I got one from the dealer I bought the Truck from. He went over a pull it off a f-350.

2004 Ford Excursion V-10 6.8L. SOSC EFI, 3.73 Non-limited Slip Rear Axle, 137" Wheelbase
Old 01-02-2006, 01:16 PM
New User

smart42 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got mine for $15.50 not bad since you will also need the fasteners. my question is how to remove the top fasteners that are metal bottom were plastic no problem, so that I can put in the new bracket..

Tks.

Last edited by smart42; 01-02-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Senior User

I just put some grade 8 bolts & nuts throw the bracket in to the holes on the bumper. You can get those bolts at home depot or autozone.

2004 Ford Excursion V-10 6.8L. SOSC EFI, 3.73 Non-limited Slip Rear Axle, 137" Wheelbase
Old 01-02-2006, 02:55 PM
New User

smart42 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sltrrco
I just put some grade 8 bolts & nuts throw the bracket in to the holes on the bumper. You can get those bolts at home depot or autozone.
The problem is I am having a hard time removing the old bracket, the top fasteners are metal and they are one way, How do I remove them?
Old 01-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
...Welcome smart42, to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!

We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 01-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Senior User

try cutting them off with a torch.

Old 01-02-2006, 04:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Utah Chapter

Tags
1950, 1999, 2000, 2004, bracket, excursion, f150, f250, ford, front, holder, holders, license, plate, truck