Another Jeff F350 Hits the Road

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 10:53 PM
howardlj
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Another Jeff F350 Hits the Road

Put another Victor Van Bortel F350 on the road. Ordered from Jeff in January and picked up this morning. The guy is great and so are his people at Van Bortel. I recommend this dealership if you want to seriously save money and have them look at YOUR best interests. After getting ME the best interest rate on the truck loan from a local bank, Jeff discovered that I was entitled to an additional $300 commercial rebate from Ford along with the $3K rebate and the $1K below invoice pricing.

Gee I thought I was robbing this poor guy. Anyway I was pleased with the entire transaction and felt this dealership, Jeff being the extended arm, is in a league by itself. Thanks Jeff for the attention of detail you have given me. Ford will here from ME!

Drove the V10 CC beast 270 miles (even have some gas or fumes left over) home and loved the whole experience. Jeff even played travel agent and sent me home on a torturous path through the Finger Lake region in order to get the driving variation needed to start the break-in period. The only problem was that Connie's Diner was closed on Monday. Hats off to Jeff and Van Bortel Ford for a great buying experience.

Old 05-03-2005, 07:24 AM
Joe Rock
Freshman User
Congrats on your new ride! What color is it? I am awaiting response from Jeff concerning a new F350 v10 CC as well. Jeff did say he would be very busy with the new orders coming in and I suppose you were one of the deliveries he was talking about. You will have to get a few pics uploaded to your gallery to show off your new baby!

Old 05-03-2005, 10:28 AM
pac50
Senior User
Congratulations HowardLJ!. I picked up my January F350 from Jeff last month. Picture in my gallery (Jeff is on the left). Jeff and Van Bortal Ford are a class act from beginning to end. Enjoy.

Old 05-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Texascadillac42
Elder User
Congrats, getting a new vehicle is always fun, but buying it from Jeff makes it seem twice as sweet. It is incredible that you can walk into a dealer with a check, and walk out 20 minutes later with a big smile on your face, knowing that you got the best deal possible. There just isnt enough that can be said about how good Jeff and VanBortel really are.

Old 05-03-2005, 10:04 PM
howardlj
Senior User
Joe- Thanks for your interest. The color of the CC, XLT is Arizona Beige. It has turned many heads. The color is enhanced with the black and chrome trim of the truck.

By the way I just got gas today (the day after) and put in 22.11 gallons on 284 miles of mixed driving from Victor to Orwigsburg, Pa. The mpg is almost 13. Couldn't be happier since I was expecting less on the first tank. I'll need to look at the average over at least three tank fulls. The driving was very mixed with mostly rural (hills) and town (stop and go) driving. Also stopped several times (for suds breaks) to allow complete cooling off cycles and got the brakes hot (good break-in too) going down some steep hills- steady but light pressure. Will be working on the 4WD Hi and Low to get that into the break-in program. I didn't go over 60 mph and did a lot of 45-55 mph on rural highways probably pi--ing off a few drivers that were behind me. At times it looked like a funeral procession, but who cares I was in front and enjoying my big beast. So if you see me on the Pa highways going slow, don't give me the bird because when it hits 1000 miles, I'll be seeking revenge and blowing off some doors. Chevies and Dodges that is!!! This is my first Ford product and am now retired. I'll be in Ford heaven from now on. Love this truck. Thanks again Jeffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

Old 05-03-2005, 10:10 PM
howardlj
Senior User
Oh I forgot. I washed it too today. Needed a ladder!!!