1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

F-100 Supernationals

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Jet Jock
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up F-100 Supernationals

The Supernationals are only 4 months away! May 12 thru 14th

Phyliss and I are already registered and are planning to be in Chilhowee Park early enough to get a prime parking spot. We will have the tent the rest is up to you guys and gals.

Do we want to stay in the same hotels?

Do we want a night out?

I don't mind doing some of the planning since I live close, if that is what you guys want, but I need some input.

Maybe the Admin guy could make this one a sticky at the top

Jet Jock
"I drive a 'girly' 302 because, when I want to go fast, I go to work"

Old 01-08-2005, 04:26 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
You might have trouble getting folks to agree on a hotel. I'm easy. I will stay at whatever hotel you and Phyllis are at. Hopefully Canada John and some of the gang will too. I better book it now so tell me where I am staying. I would recommend a couple get togethers. I'll throw out the evening of the 11th (early birds) and the 13th just to get the negotiations started.

And yes I plan to bring my truck if I have to bungee cord the doors shut and rent a Chevy dually and a log chain.

Old 01-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Steve_B
Senior User
This has just got me thinking a holiday in the USA may be a good idea
Where is Chilowee Park? whats the nearest airport?

Stephen

Old 01-08-2005, 05:32 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Steve_B

Stephen
Knoxville,Tennessee. Knoxville has an airport. Jet Jock is a pilot and can no doubt give you more details.

There is no place on this earth where you can see nearly as many Effies in one place.

Old 01-08-2005, 06:59 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Knoxville isn't too far a drive for us. I'll need to check our AX schedule, but we race almost every weekend so I don't know right now.

Old 01-08-2005, 07:03 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve_B

Stephen
There's a lot to see and do in that part of the country (especially if you like American country and western music) and the scenery as well as the weather is pretty nice.

Old 01-08-2005, 09:27 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 727 Likes on 259 Posts
is the Baymont hosting again this year ?? we stayed at the same exit at a Hampton or Comfort or something.... thinking of the baymont or where ever the most of us are staying...

yall let me know ... and we need to get resv. made pretty soon I'd think

john

Old 01-08-2005, 10:50 PM
edsf100
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.pickupslimited.com/

For the So Cal f100's or join on the way check out this site for info.

Old 01-08-2005, 11:58 PM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
John,

The Music City F100 group will be staying at the Baymont again this year. One piece of advice for everyone if you make your reservation here make absolutely positive you check your invoice before you check out. I got charged for a night I did not stay there and have been wrestling with the Manager Mike Patel since. Susan Ford of the Knoxville Tourism has been helping me try to get it corrected. Lesson learned for me though. We likely will get there on Wednesday the Super Tour from California, Bill Lee and gang, will likely be stopping here in Nashville like they did in 04 so we can ride the last leg of the way with them.

Old 01-09-2005, 12:57 AM
tmyers
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope that I can attend next year. Maybe I'll be far enough along to trailer the 56 down.

Old 01-09-2005, 07:25 AM
Jet Jock
Elder User
'fenders
My thought is the Fairfield Inn across the Interstate from Baysmont. There are several reasons 1) its clean, I stayed at the same owners inn across from the airport for 9 months, 2)they have a nice pool for spouse and children, 3) decent breakfast, 4) wireless in room internet as my wife has to be able to work with the office if they need her. I will get rates there and Baysmont tomorrow and try to nego a better rate for a group of us.

If anyone else would like rooms let me know and I will handle. These hotels are at Exit 398 on I 40. They are about 6-8 miles from the show site. There are more expensive hotels downtown Knoxville but the drive time to the show site will not be any shorter. There are 2 cheaper hotels near the site but I have no knowledge and just driving by I was not inspired to stop. These struck me as they might have hourly rates.

I will have rooms done by this week, let me know!

Bill

Old 01-09-2005, 07:28 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 727 Likes on 259 Posts
bill,
we're definitely interested... it might have been the Fairfield we used last time... sorta next to the italian restaurant there...

put me in for 1 room two adults probably coming in on Friday (maybe thurs) and leaving sunday am

john

Old 01-09-2005, 07:34 AM
Jet Jock
Elder User
John

I will handle. The Italian place is across the road. The Fairfield is on the Cracker Barrel side of the Interstate.

Bill

Jet Jock
"I drive a 'girly' 302 because, when I want to go fast, I go to work"

Old 01-09-2005, 08:29 AM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Bill

Clean with pool and Cracker Barrel meets my criteria. After the Family Inns slimey carpet episode of '03, I feel better following someone elses recommendation. Let me know and I'll book right away. It would take a major event to keep my away this year.

How's the new place laided out for vehicular access? My wife is likely taking my truck and heading to vicinity the old show site if I don't get a rental car or something. Wish I lived a bit closer. Just too far to be driving two vehicles there. My wife enjoys the Supernats ...... for about 2 hours anyway. Then it requires shopping or just hanging out with other wives to keep her entertained.

Old 01-09-2005, 09:25 AM
StarFox
Senior User
Four months away...I need to get crackin' so that I might be able to drive mine over the hills to get there. I get 20% discount w/my motorcycle group on the Choice Hotels, I'm interested to see what - if any - deals you can make for us FTE'ers.

Lookin' forward to it.
Dana

Quick Reply: F-100 Supernationals