Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New Jersey Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2004, 05:35 PM
Post Fiend

frederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to all
First Meeting

I'll let our chapter secretary post some details... but just wanted to thank those of you who drove out today (to the correct home depot). Was nice to meet you all and share some lunch with a good group of guys.

Like we all discussed however, I did manage to remember everyone's name past turning the ignition. Once I got about 2 exits up on the parkway, my mind went blank. The coming pictures will help that.

I still need a volunteer to bend over in front of "Superbumper". I noticed none of you cowards volunteered
Old 10-17-2004, 06:05 PM
Senior User

DVLSH1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I will say also was a great meeting. Was good meeting everyone. Hope this is a start of getting this chapter up and running, and from what I seen so far, it is. I even took some pics hehe here is the links to the gallery:

NJ Chapter Gallery

As soon as I get my graphics editor reloaded, I will post the names above each of the members (yes, miracles of all miracles, I actually remember the names )

NJ CHAPTER PHOTAGRAPHER

Last edited by DVLSH1; 10-17-2004 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:16 PM
Post Fiend

frederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to allfrederic is a name known to all
The pictures came out pretty good!
Old 10-17-2004, 09:17 PM
Posting Guru

kevincw has a very good reputation on FTE.kevincw has a very good reputation on FTE.kevincw has a very good reputation on FTE.
Six members and a son showed up for our first meeting today. First, I ate too much. Next, nice pictures Hank, thanks for getting them up so fast. We are still trying to choose a chapter president, as none of us could devote the time we thought the position warranted. DVLSH1 is our official photographer and I have accepted the title of secretary. We are planning a second meeting already and hope that more people will attend. Date (Sundays seem to be the best) and place are open. We discussed the idea of holding meetings at various locations throughout the state as to not burden the same people traveling long distances. You need not drive your Ford truck to the meetings, just come. Car pooling is also an option. The members at the meeting today are just as I imagined, fun and sincere. Thank you for the turnout we had and I hope those of you that could not make it this time will be able to next time.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Posting Guru

Kenny is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

I thought the meeting went well too.
I had a good time, and it was really nice to meet all of you!

DVLSH1, Thanks for posting the pictures. They came out great!

Kenny (far left, red truck, short guy)
Old 10-17-2004, 09:38 PM
Senior User

msurie is starting off with a positive reputation.
I to enjoyed meeting all you, As my son said you are fun bunch guys.

The pics look great. your names i remember but i forgot my own
Old 10-17-2004, 10:57 PM
Post Fiend

And those who asked about Harry's dollar day sale for next weekend (well, apparently its two dollar day now...)

http://www.wegotused.com/OctPenn.gif

You'll notice on the schedule "junker week" is the following week, to replenish the extreme raping that goes on during dollar day. Last year, there was pretty much nothing left by around 4pm. All the unibodies were down to the very last rivets.

While pennsburg doesn't have a plethora of Ford trucks (usually just two rows), its a great plucking ground for those interested in converting whatever they drive, to EFI. And of course, I'll be on my usual "take every map sensor I can see, since my truck eats them" spree.

I have my four page list ready! If its convienent for anyone, you can stop here, and I'll drive the rest of the way. Assuming you don't kick my dashboard wiring

Last edited by frederic; 10-17-2004 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:43 PM
New User

jhayden is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good to meet everyone Sunday. Hey Hank, great pictures they turned out great. I want to see how the super bumper truck turns out...
Old 10-18-2004, 08:45 PM
Post Fiend

Ken00 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Ken00 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Glad to hear the meet went well. I'm going to try to get a mailing list for all the NJ members, I'm sure more people would be interested but they just don't know about the forum or keep up with it.
2002 XLT Std Cab Long Bed 3.0
1989 Custom Std Cab Short Bed 2.9
Old 10-18-2004, 11:02 PM
Senior User

DVLSH1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
ok, updated the gallery, now have the names above each person in the pic and also f in front of their rides. All except msuries son, hehe guess old age is creeping up to me after all since I cant remember his name for the life of me

NJ CHAPTER PHOTAGRAPHER
Old 10-19-2004, 12:19 PM
Posting Guru

kevincw has a very good reputation on FTE.kevincw has a very good reputation on FTE.kevincw has a very good reputation on FTE.
Nice truck DVLSH1, are those wheels dirty?
Old 10-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Senior User

VinMan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry I couldnt make it. I had a realestate inspection I couldnt put off.
I'll see everyone at the next one!
Old 10-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Post Fiend

Thats okay Vinman. We made progress in your absence. You're now the leader, the fund raiser, the truck waxer, and the next round is on you
Old 10-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Senior User

msurie is starting off with a positive reputation.
I second that .
Old 10-20-2004, 09:32 PM