Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Dodge stepping up with the new Power Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by biggieou
This has to be one of the most ignorant things I have seen on this great website.
First off...how old are you? My statement was against age or how one's age makes his opinions less important to others. I am not an ageist.

Please read tdister's post above mine, then you'll understand my comments.

by superrangerman2002by
Come on!

I can drive down to the local Ford dealership and find an equivalent F-250 aftermarket conversion minus the electronic sway bar.
biggieou, here's an example of head-in-the-sand... No offense superranger2002.

superranger2002, this truck is a PRODUCTION truck. One that carries all the factory warranties.

You guys dont have to like it but you should at least realize how important this truck is to the truck world.

Old 10-07-2004, 04:18 PM
DieselDonor7.3
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This truck looks awesome to me.

Old 10-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Originally Posted by Monsta
First off...how old are you? My statement was against age or how one's age makes his opinions less important to others. I am not an ageist.
Oops...meant to say WASN'T...

Old 10-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
I understand exactly where Monsta is coming from. Many teenagers tend to open their mouths before they actually think. It's very common online to have many absolute trolls who are young and trying to sound tough. This is common, but shouldn't be stereotyped, not all of us are like that.

Yes, I said us. I am 19, as it reflects in my profile.

But....back to what I was saying, I believe that the power wagon is a really great concept, and it will be interesting to see what ford comes up with to answer it. I personally really like Dodge. Even if you don't like Dodge, you gotta admit it's gonna do great things for the truck world. Soon, Ford and Chevy are gonna have to step up and produce a similar truck. The competition will drive each manufacturer to build even better trucks. This benefits us!!!

Oh, btw, Monsta, are you in the 25th ID?

Old 10-07-2004, 06:32 PM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They won't have to make any competition for it if there's no market for it. I'm sure that the market is VERY small for specialty Dodges, they have a hard enough time moving their regular trucks, much less a specific truck for a small corner of the market. Also, I am not sure if the PW will have full factory warranty or not, that hasn't been specified anywhere that I have seen yet.

Old 10-07-2004, 06:53 PM
superrangerman2002
Logistics Pro
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Please read tdister's post above mine, then you'll understand my comments.

biggieou, here's an example of head-in-the-sand... No offense superranger2002.

superranger2002, this truck is a PRODUCTION truck. One that carries all the factory warranties.

You guys dont have to like it but you should at least realize how important this truck is to the truck world.
Hate to break the news to you, every customized truck I've ever bought has had full factory warranty, at least here in SD.

Otherwise why would dealerships go through the trouble of getting these customized rigs? There is not a single dealer ship on this planet that would want to sell a new vehicle with out a warranty....other wise they would just have full lots of unpurchased inventory.

So, what now, I suppose that this new Powerwagon has an Ion Drive or something that sets it apart what ever any customize company like Regency puts out, huh?

Example of head in sand... yeah...

As I stated before, the only differece is that Dodge is adding the doo-dads vs someone like Regency, or Waldoch, or whom ever.

I never said I "hated" the truck, I just stated the obvious.

Last edited by superrangerman2002; 10-07-2004 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:06 PM
lectricman
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by biggieou
One thing I dislike about this new Power Wagon is that it is a 4 Door... Personally I would love to see a diesel in one of these, but I guess thats not realistic because of weight issues.
The Power Wagon will also be offered in regular cab, long bed format (same wheelbase as the QC short bed). I have also heard rumors that the Cummins 600 will be available mid-year. Might cause some weight issues, though.

Originally Posted by FordLariat
Also, I am not sure if the PW will have a full factory warranty or not...
The Power Wagon will be offered with the exact same warranty as the regular Dodge Rams. Even the winch is covered.

Old 10-07-2004, 07:06 PM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
It's even worse to know that it's all Dodge components on the truck and not aftermarket.

Old 10-07-2004, 07:18 PM
MaXRSmart
Senior User
There ain't nothing like it on the production pickup truck market.

All you guys with your head in the sand need to understand that this is an important truck to the off-road market.

If it sells, and it will, expect the others to follow suit. Which is good news to all of us!

No more BS stickers, front skid plate and a cheesy LS unit on trucks labelled "Off-Road". (ie - FX4)
Exactly! Well said Monsta!

The competition is spending a lot more time working on something innovative instead of a new sticker designs. Or as they say in the dirt bike world, " Bold New Graphics" Dodge has been very innovative during the past 8-10 years. They went from almost going under to giving Chevy and Ford a run for their money. The Lightning USED to be the bad boy on the block, not anymore. Now Ford is playing catch up.

Maybe the new electronic sway bar will be buggy and not work very well. But at least they are trying something new.

Last edited by MaXRSmart; 10-07-2004 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:28 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The lightning is still the bad boy on the block faster then the Dodges fast truck. Ford is not playing catch up there always ahead. Innovative well that they have been. Putting the worst transmissions ever in pickup trucks. I better stop before i get to wound up here. You see my point though.

Old 10-07-2004, 07:46 PM
WXboy
Cargo Master
Received 342 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by 150ford
The lightning is still the bad boy on the block faster then the Dodges fast truck. Ford is not playing catch up there always ahead. Innovative well that they have been. Putting the worst transmissions ever in pickup trucks. I better stop before i get to wound up here. You see my point though.

Ok, I've sat and watched this thread long enough. I'm going to call you out on this one. I just thoroughly tested the new F-150 and the new Dodge Ram, and guess which one I bought? Yep...after 4 Ford trucks I went and bought the Dodge. Why? Well it is a nicer truck...period. The interior on the Dodge is HIGHER quality even to the touch. The exterior looks way better too.

The transmission? I have the new 5-45RFE tranny in my Dodge. I'll put it up against any Ford tranny you can get in a half-ton. This Dodge tranny has a low reverse gear for backing a load up, and super strong internal components rated to handle way more torque than it's subjected to. Not only that, it's covered for 7 years or 70,000 miles, not 3 years or 36,000 like the Ford. To put a warranty like that on a truck takes confidence.

You can say what you want, but Dodge makes a GREAT truck and the sales show it. The Power Wagon....yeah it's a bad momma. You can go get a Ford with locking diffs. front and back and that kind of suspension articulation right off the lot?? I don't hardly think so.

I'm not turning into a troll here...but you guys really need to get your heads out of the sand and look around. There are WAY more new Dodges on the road than there are F-150s.

Old 10-07-2004, 08:17 PM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Originally Posted by Crazy001
Oh, btw, Monsta, are you in the 25th ID?
I was ('88-'96). After 14 years in the Army I got out, finished school and started my own company.

Old 10-07-2004, 08:29 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WXboy
Ok, I've sat and watched this thread long enough. I'm going to call you out on this one. I just thoroughly tested the new F-150 and the new Dodge Ram, and guess which one I bought? Yep...after 4 Ford trucks I went and bought the Dodge. Why? Well it is a nicer truck...period. The interior on the Dodge is HIGHER quality even to the touch. The exterior looks way better too.

The transmission? I have the new 5-45RFE tranny in my Dodge. I'll put it up against any Ford tranny you can get in a half-ton. This Dodge tranny has a low reverse gear for backing a load up, and super strong internal components rated to handle way more torque than it's subjected to. Not only that, it's covered for 7 years or 70,000 miles, not 3 years or 36,000 like the Ford. To put a warranty like that on a truck takes confidence.

You can say what you want, but Dodge makes a GREAT truck and the sales show it. The Power Wagon....yeah it's a bad momma. You can go get a Ford with locking diffs. front and back and that kind of suspension articulation right off the lot?? I don't hardly think so.

I'm not turning into a troll here...but you guys really need to get your heads out of the sand and look around. There are WAY more new Dodges on the road than there are F-150s.
Hey WXboy sorry if i offended you at all with my posts. I really hope your happy with your truck. If your happy who cares what us Ford guys say. Thats all that counts. I just like to add my opinion and thats all it is just mine nobody elses. Ive been on the Dodge forums and they bash Ford over there. It doesnt bother me at all. I drive what I think is best. Hey I really do enjoy your posts they always are informitive and well thought out. Keep up the good work and keep posting so us Ford guys dont get to carried away like I do. Enjoy your Dodge. I enjoy my Ford. Hey were both happy who cares what other people say.

Old 10-07-2004, 09:50 PM
tdister
Posting Guru
"It's even worse to know that it's all Dodge components on the truck and not aftermarket."

As great of an arguement that would be if it were true (sarcasm), if you read the article you will notice most of the upgrades are not "Dodge" brand parts. The shocks, axles, lockers (probably the gears), the winch and the wheels are all from outside companies.

I know, I know, they must be using those parts because they know Dodges parts suck. Blah blah blah...

Last edited by tdister; 10-07-2004 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:34 AM
FordLariat
Posting Guru
Well, they use a lot of aftermarket components because Dodge doesn't make winches or winch plates or lifts or things like that, but I am pretty sure that they aren't 100% great products, they're like the alleged `Rancho` shocks that Ford puts on the FX4 package. They are Rancho, but for some reason, they only last about 1/5 of the time that the same Rancho shock will last if you get it from Rancho. I garauntee that it's the same deal with components on that Dodge.

Quick Reply: Dodge stepping up with the new Power Wagon