6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Ford's Warranty Statement (Interesting)??

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Ford's Warranty Statement (Interesting)??

Here is Ford's warranty statement from their manual.

Protect your warranty!
Routine maintenance is not only the best way to help keep your vehicle running great, it’s also the best way to protect your warranty. While maintenance and repair services may be performed by you or by any
automotive service provider you choose, it is your responsibility to see that all scheduled maintenance is performed and that the materials used meet Ford Engineering specifications.

Failure to perform scheduled maintenance specified in this guide will invalidate warranty coverage on parts affected by the lack of maintenance. We can’t stress enough how important it is to keep records of all maintenance. This guide will help you do just that. While Ford Motor Company will not deny a warranty claim simply because there is no documentation, damage or failures due to a lack of proper maintenance or neglect are not covered under warranty.

Keeping maintenance records is easy with the Scheduled Maintenance
Guide. It’s important to document the maintenance of your vehicle. Every time you bring your vehicle in for scheduled maintenance, be sure to present this guide and certify the work. Also record the date of service, mileage
at the time of service, and attach your receipt. Not only will this make record keeping easy, but also should your vehicle ever require warranty coverage, you will have all the documentation to show you’ve properly
maintained it.
----------------------------------

I am of the opinion that aftermarket air-filters, chips, tuners, deletion of the CAT system, wrong types of oil (not certified) are wrong!!

Thanks,

Jeff

Old 08-08-2004, 10:29 PM
huntercgr
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you take it to a Ford dealer, won't OASIS show anything that's been done to it, including oil changes?

Old 08-09-2004, 06:59 AM
Kenwood
Senior User
Thats standard auto manufacturer BS... I had a Toyota...It had a problem when I first bought it..I complained about it to Toyota and they gave me a free 100K warranty....anyway they had the same thing...a log book...they required you to keep reciepts for oil changes and any and all maintence parts.... the idea being if you blew an engine and they disassembled it and found that the oil had never been changed it would be up to you to prove you did it via reciepts etc etc...

anyway that car was plagued with problems....Over the 3 years I owned it the shop had it more than I did...but bottom line was they never ever asked to see any service records..

As long as it appears that you do the maintence they typically will never ask>>that is unless your dealers are being Jerks about it..

Old 08-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Kenwood,

Of course it is car company "lingo".... but would you write anything different if your were them (no you wouldn't).

What I found interesting was the wording about denial... and the way they worded it? What I find interesting is all the people that use aftermarket parts that claim to protect, but were never tested by Ford as 100% compatible, but want Ford to except them as such and warranty certain items or repairs. Now, I agree that an air-intake may or may not cause a certain problem, but common sense says that with a new style motor, maybe we would be better off NOT customizing them so quickly until the bugs are worked out???

I agree that it is the American Way to "upgrade" our cars & trucks, but expecting Ford to cover ALL repairs due to methane/water injection, air-intakes, CAT removals, uncertified oils, chips, tuners... and on and on....

All I am saying is that I bought my truck to drive daily and tow and did not buy it to be a race car (would be neat if it was... but it isn't). Aftermarket companies will say anything to sell their product. I have never heard of or read a post from of an aftermarket company helping a customer win a lawsuit or a claim due to Ford's denial???

Anyone got any proof to prove me wrong?

Thanks,

Jeff

Old 08-09-2004, 09:32 AM
Nu60Owner
Junior User
Oh gee Kenwood,
You mean that someone OTHER than Ford has had problems with a vehicle? No WAY! Surely not Toyota? Man, the naysayers on here are gonna be shocked to hear that!!!

And Jeff, I LOVE MY TRUCK...have NEVER said anything other than that anywhere...but I do things to my truck to better its potential. I don't go out and drag race it. I don't go out and hook it on to other trucks and try to drag them around. But I do want my truck to perform like it should, be fuel efficient, and be the truck I was promised in the Ford propaganda that was put out when these trucks were introduced. As is, with all the "fixes" that Ford has put out, it isn't that...so I try to make my truck a little bit better and stay within reason. If you don't agree with that, well then, that's fine. But why don't you either just sit there and shake your head to yourself and wonder why we all do these things to our trucks, or else come up with a way to make Ford give us the trucks we were promised????? If you don't have a solution to our problems, don't bad mouth our solutions or question our common sense use (those of us who do use common sense ) of tools that are available to us. I don't like AT ALL being told that if my truck loses an injector (which my build date range is PRONE to and is a known problem) that Ford should be able to void my warranty because I have put a more efficient air filter on it.

Old 08-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Originally Posted by Nu60Owner
Oh gee Kenwood,
You mean that someone OTHER than Ford has had problems with a vehicle? No WAY! Surely not Toyota? Man, the naysayers on here are gonna be shocked to hear that!!!

And Jeff, I LOVE MY TRUCK...have NEVER said anything other than that anywhere...but I do things to my truck to better its potential. I don't go out and drag race it. I don't go out and hook it on to other trucks and try to drag them around. But I do want my truck to perform like it should, be fuel efficient, and be the truck I was promised in the Ford propaganda that was put out when these trucks were introduced. As is, with all the "fixes" that Ford has put out, it isn't that...so I try to make my truck a little bit better and stay within reason. If you don't agree with that, well then, that's fine. But why don't you either just sit there and shake your head to yourself and wonder why we all do these things to our trucks, or else come up with a way to make Ford give us the trucks we were promised????? If you don't have a solution to our problems, don't bad mouth our solutions or question our common sense use (those of us who do use common sense ) of tools that are available to us. I don't like AT ALL being told that if my truck loses an injector (which my build date range is PRONE to and is a known problem) that Ford should be able to void my warranty because I have put a more efficient air filter on it.
You say you have a more efficient air-filter... who says, not Ford? I to have the C94 injectors that are prone to failure and to lost pilot injection for quiet idling, but what can I do? Sue Ford and spend more money or drive and enjoy my truck? I did NOT bad-mouth or fault you or those that want to customize your truck, but Ford did not take away anything that your air-intake gave you back. They claimed 10% more mileage over their 7.3L and it does. Problem is that we got more before the re-flashing, but we ended up with the same or more than what they advertised.

Air filters allowing dirt into the system is NOT good (not saying they do, but Ford hasn't tested). Dirt in the oil, air-intake I guess (I am not a mechanic) could cause injector issues (can't it)? Ford is troubled with the people that modify their trucks and make warranty claims, that they now spoil it for the rest of us with legitimate problems. I agree Ford's got issues, but a few bad apples are ruining it for those that "play the game" with our Ford trucks.

Go ahead and modify your truck... it's the American way. However, it also is the American way for big corporations to screw the little guy/custmer and try to increase their profits over "what is right"... knowing that I will stay with my stock truck - that's all I am saying!!!

Best of luck to us all!!!

Thanks,

Jeff

Old 08-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Nu60Owner
Junior User
They claimed 10% more mileage over their 7.3L and it does. Problem is that we got more before the re-flashing, but we ended up with the same or more than what they advertised.

Are you out of your mind? Maybe YOU got more than what was advertised but I'll bet you that a large majority of the owners would take issue with that. With my 96 7.3 I got 17 or so all day long...with 4" of lift and 33 inch tires. If I get 17 on my 6.0, I'm driving like a grandpa on the freeway at 65 for a long distance. I guarantee you, I didn't get (stock) anywhere near what Ford promised me.

To be honest with you, I kinda suspect that you are kinda "baiting" people with your last couple of posts, and I for one am not gonna participate in it anymore.

Old 08-09-2004, 11:17 AM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Originally Posted by Nu60Owner
They claimed 10% more mileage over their 7.3L and it does. Problem is that we got more before the re-flashing, but we ended up with the same or more than what they advertised.

Are you out of your mind? Maybe YOU got more than what was advertised but I'll bet you that a large majority of the owners would take issue with that. With my 96 7.3 I got 17 or so all day long...with 4" of lift and 33 inch tires. If I get 17 on my 6.0, I'm driving like a grandpa on the freeway at 65 for a long distance. I guarantee you, I didn't get (stock) anywhere near what Ford promised me.

To be honest with you, I kinda suspect that you are kinda "baiting" people with your last couple of posts, and I for one am not gonna participate in it anymore.

OK, you have not seen the mileage increase you had or thought you would... I stand corrected and appologize for a mistatement on your particular facts and performance.

Now, what is the baiting issue thing or accusation you are making??

What do I have to gain... and you make a statment that is wrong and one that you can not back up!!

If you look at my signature, I have been an FTE member since January 1, 2004. I have been an active poster on many issues and topics and have been VERY upset with certain issues regarding my truck.... but you would have no idea or care becuase you would rather make "blind" undocumented statements on this forum. As a freshman user, I urge you to be careful what you say and to whom (common sense in life as well). Look at my history of posts and you will see NO agenda or baiting as you arragontly put it!!

Tim Lamkin, the moderator of this forum and I have personally spoken regarding different issues and he will vouch that I to have been very upset and have recently calmed down from my initial posts of "issues" I to have!!

I would have bought my 2003 Excursion even without pilot injection, but I to wish I had it. Let me know how you plan on getting it back from Ford and I'll consider assisting you and the many others out there. I also have C94 injectors, but have had no failures... Ford told me that they would do nothing and I have a warranty. Yes, I am worried, but I have no issues and no problems on which to bring suit or "bitch". So I have now just follow the service guidlines and enjoy my great truck!!!

So, in the future, donot make accusations or try to act important as though you have uncovered a "troll" or a "baiter"... becuase jumping to conclusions like that is not in your or anyone's best interest. This site is/was designed to share ideas and comments. I have made a consious effort to not read and "woory" about people that insite trouble, don't post complete messages, complain about problems which are theirs and not Fords and the like.... that's all and nothing more.

Sorry you have "issues" and I do feel your pain, but making accusations of others which are unsubstantiated is wrong - for all of us!!!

Thanks,

Jeff Cook

Old 08-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Originally Posted by huntercgr
If you take it to a Ford dealer, won't OASIS show anything that's been done to it, including oil changes?
I have found that that the Oasis system is only as good as the dealer that inputs the information. I had work down at one dealer when I got my truck and they were 45 days late inputting the information into the system. As well, they do not "detail out" every aspect of the service that was done.

I have found that saving copies of your records is a better paper trail of what was done and the parts (or lack of) were used.

If needed, you can always call back to the servicing dealer and they can pull up your file, but do NOT assume that Oasis is 100% accurate - becuase in my case it wasn't. Maybe for others it has been??

Thanks,

Jeff