1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Jag XJ IFS

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks Rusty! 10-4 on the wheel washers.

My axle is from a '97 explorer disc brake, traction lok, 3:73 gear
and my wheels are 15x8. heck i want to say that some of the explorers ran 16" but i know they ran 15" also.

I will probably eventually do some trading on my wheels. I love them but i think they be a little too wide(up front) for my liking.
i have a little different situation than Rusty though. My truck is originally an F3. the bed is wider and fenders are narrower than an F1. I didn't get fenders with my bed so I have F1 fenders on the back. they are aprox. 2" wider than F3 fenders. so i have a wider bed and wider fenders....got some figuring to do on that but I got alot of time before I even have to mess with that, and I already have an idea about what i WANT to.

edit: sorry for cluttering up this thread, should be left for JAG IFS, not general BS...sorry guys...

Old 12-08-2012, 10:02 PM
jeff1956ford
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jag IFS bolt on brackets

Hi,Mike. I saw where you said you were working on making bolt on brackets,to install the jag IFS in an F100, are they now available? and if so where can I buy them? Thanks Jeff

Old 12-09-2012, 09:08 AM
49willard
Cargo Master
Received 126 Likes on 64 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, no one makes either bolt on or weld on brackets for mounting a Jag IFS in our trucks. I assume that the "Mike" that you are referring to is Mike Bishop who started this thread many years ago when he was anticipating that Kent Fuller might start making brackets. That did not happen.
Personally I like the fact that installing the Jag in our trucks is done the old hot rodder way, i.e. it does not come in a catalogue. You have to fabricate it yourself. That said, a number of us have done it on both F-1's or F100's such that photos are on this forum of doing the fabrication. It is very straight forward on an F-1 and a little more challenging on a F100 due to the 2 inch wider frame rails at the front on the F100. All that said, the Jag IFS is an easier installation than the popular M11 imho.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:16 PM
qmanconfused
Senior User
HEY MIKE

i'm new here too, but the fte guys have put me on the trail to find a jag ifs and irs for my 54 f-100. i'm looking for a good ride and that should do it. and yes, it is a fun bunch of guys with a healthy sense of humor. i know i'll be staying

q in 'cuse

Old 12-09-2012, 04:52 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Q, If you are sending your greetings to the Mike who started this thread, Mike is Mike Bishop a long time car builder and author, who literally "wrote the book" on hot rodding: How to Build a Traditional Ford Hot Rod (available at Amazon) and hopping up the Ford flathead V8. he contributed many articles to the major enthusiast magazines back in the day. Mike started this thread in 2004, and hasn't been on the forum since 2006. In 2004 he was new to this forum but not to the topic.
I am glad you like us tho.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:40 AM
qmanconfused
Senior User
hey AX....

you do protocol too.....what a guy!!!!. yes, i read a lot of that thread and understood that mike was a long time contributer. i got the feeling that he had been away for a while. i find it great that you and others have a need to pass on your life's experiences. i've done a similar thing but only with hme,commercial and industrial construction. i'd be in a tuff place if it weren't for you and the others like you on this site....but...u don't know SQUAT about fishing!!!!

i can't imagine that we won't be in touch before the holidays..but just in case, have a nice holiday and remember your blessings as i do.

q in'cuse

Old 12-10-2012, 03:56 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
I guess I'll have to come up there and show you how to really fish! Or you come down here and we can go to the coast and fish for real fish, not those little smallmouth bass. We use fish bigger than that for bait!

Old 04-19-2017, 12:50 PM
Ltsgarage
Senior User
Years?

Do you have these bolting brackets you were talking about. I have an F100 I want to install all Jaguar Suspension system on it. I'm looking at a 94 Xjs. Which will interchange with all the older XJ6 models
Thank You.
LT

Originally Posted by av8ford
I would like to contact you with regard to a couple of matters. I've been a member of this board for over a month and a half (4-14-04) but am blocked from e-mailing other members for whom I've had pictorial information for a question they've posted. (I've also been blocked from contacting you by e-mail for the same reasons given -- not on the board long enough/not enough messages posted.

Also, I would like to know how I might contribute to the "alternate suspension" thread. I'm a semi-retired motor-journalist, part-time pro Ford hot-rod builder, have had F-1 and F-100 pickups (usually not entirely stock) since the late '50s, and will soon be doing and documenting an alternative suspension that was not covered in your forum -- Series 3 Jaguar (XJ6/XJS). It's one of the simplest conversions to be made, using the front and rear suspension subframes from the car, and providing probably the best ride and handling characteristics possible for F-1/F-100 Ford trucks. We're designing bolt-on brackets for the installation system to make it as simple and accessible as possible.

TIA for your consideration.

Mike Bishop

Old 04-19-2017, 02:45 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltsgarage
Do you have these bolting brackets you were talking about. I have an F100 I want to install all Jaguar Suspension system on it. I'm looking at a 94 Xjs. Which will interchange with all the older XJ6 models
Thank You.
LT
Do you understand that the post you are responding to is 13 years old? That poster has not been on here for 11 years. I suggest you start a new thread, introduce yourself, tell us about your truck, post some pictures of your truck and explain what you are looking for.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:40 PM
Wayne64
Junior User
Originally Posted by harleymsn
Do you understand that the post you are responding to is 13 years old? That poster has not been on here for 11 years. I suggest you start a new thread, introduce yourself, tell us about your truck, post some pictures of your truck and explain what you are looking for.
Funny stuff going on, I got the email that someone responded to my thread. Followed the link and ended up here. Yes I'm still alive, 70 now, and I did play with XJS jags in years gone by and know they would be good for upgrades, using front and rear units. BUT I'm not Mike Bishop?
I still drive an F150 though

Old 04-20-2017, 04:31 PM
Ltsgarage
Senior User
Funny thing. I tried to start a new thred.

Originally Posted by Wayne64
Funny stuff going on, I got the email that someone responded to my thread. Followed the link and ended up here. Yes I'm still alive, 70 now, and I did play with XJS jags in years gone by and know they would be good for upgrades, using front and rear units. BUT I'm not Mike Bishop?
I still drive an F150 though
funny thing is. I tried to start a new thread. No one responded?
how do I find any new stuff related to the F100 and Jaguar front & rear suspension. Anyone out there??

Old 07-04-2017, 11:34 AM
Ltsgarage
Senior User
Mike Bishop

Originally Posted by av8ford
I would like to contact you with regard to a couple of matters. I've been a member of this board for over a month and a half (4-14-04) but am blocked from e-mailing other members for whom I've had pictorial information for a question they've posted. (I've also been blocked from contacting you by e-mail for the same reasons given -- not on the board long enough/not enough messages posted.

Also, I would like to know how I might contribute to the "alternate suspension" thread. I'm a semi-retired motor-journalist, part-time pro Ford hot-rod builder, have had F-1 and F-100 pickups (usually not entirely stock) since the late '50s, and will soon be doing and documenting an alternative suspension that was not covered in your forum -- Series 3 Jaguar (XJ6/XJS). It's one of the simplest conversions to be made, using the front and rear suspension subframes from the car, and providing probably the best ride and handling characteristics possible for F-1/F-100 Ford trucks. We're designing bolt-on brackets for the installation system to make it as simple and accessible as possible.

TIA for your consideration.

Mike Bishop
Mike.
I hope you get this.
. Do you still make the brackets to install the XJS ifs & irs suspensions into an F100.
. I sure would like to see what you've made for both??