2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford's survey- why so important?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 07:55 AM
lariatf150
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly! (and sorry to take the thread off course, but it was somewhat related)

Those people lead miserable lives in my opinion...very unhappy people. And of course misery loves company, so they try to drag you in with them. Some of these people may be coming from the wealthier subdivions (some of them). I do some side work (phone/network wiring and phone/voice mail systems) that takes me into other people's homes....and I just get the impression that money and 'stuff' is more important to these people than their own family. Very sad. Their kids run around in their own little world...the 'stuff' that the parents bought for them. As long as the kids don't bother the parents, they're happy. I don't know...the whole thing just makes me uneasy. I don't know how people can live like that.

Old 03-26-2004, 08:06 AM
mn 6.0
Senior User
[QUOTE=lariatf150]If it truely is the throttle body, then Ford should replace it and get it over with (assuming the proper troubleshooting has been done and the problem can be tracked to the throttle body).

You are 100 percent correct! The problem is, ALL companys (not just Ford), say customer satisfation is #1, In reality, making money is #1, customer sastisfaction is #2. Again, what's cheaper, a click of the mouse, or a new T-body.

Old 03-26-2004, 08:15 AM
lariatf150
Senior User
Mouse click is cheaper by far. Profits are obviously extremely important or they wouldn't be in business. Having said that, it's no excuse not to fix something you know is wrong...especially when you have one of your customers in your face complaining about it.

Old 03-26-2004, 08:25 AM
mn 6.0
Senior User
I agree, but for the most part, Ford does not have those complaining customers in their face, the poor dealers do, & what are they supposed to do if ford won't pay it to get fixed right the first time? Ford WILL come out with a fix, & they know after all is said & done, most people will put it all behind them & forget about it.

Old 03-26-2004, 09:19 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Being a dealer now days is not easy. Dealing with irate customers selling vehicles hiring hopefully good employees.The dealing with the company your selling vehicles for. That can be the biggest problem. I sure hate it when G.M., Ford, Or Dodge say something is normal for a vehicle when it isn't. Like having a knock or other noise out of an engine. Thats not normal no matter what anybody tells you. Money is the bottom line for anything especially for the big 3. I remeber dad telling me about somebodys car that had a terrible knock in it. The salesman who sold them the car came out to the guys farm. The owner wanted a new motor. The salesman said give me a wrecnch. drain the oil. Started the car ran it wide open for 5 minuts it finally locked up. Now we can get you a new motor. Now nobody do this out there to get a new motor. probably wont work today. Just tells you how these warranties work.

Old 03-26-2004, 01:37 PM
CruelCrew
Senior User
I think I'm going to be sick with all this sympathy crap.

Ford Motor Company is worth a fortune. The dealers in my area are some of the most wealthiest people. Their employees do very, very well (good pay, insurance, benefits, etc.)

And here I am...just trying to convince my wife that it's ok to drive her brand new $35,000 truck to work without it crapping out on her.

Just like Ford, I draw the line at money. And right now I'm trying to figure out why I'm putting up with a troublesome vehicle while Mr. Ford is sitting on the beach drinking a coconut rum.

Old 03-26-2004, 06:05 PM
HoustonPerson
Senior User
Um, does anyone know when you are suppose to get the Ford survey? I bought mine about March 5th or 6th. Also, do you "always" or only "sometimes" get a survey on warranty service work?

Those of you that have been following my topics. The AC has not worked from day one. I made the serious mistake of going to the dealer closest to the house. They nearly destroyed my truck, so much so I am on the verge of requesting a new one. I met with the original dealer today; they confirmed that the AC is not working (just like the first dealer did – originally that is). I MADE them compare to a brand new black one (they did not wont to do this), and the AC worked perfectly and instantly! I say it was brand new it had 1,500 miles on it, mine only has 1,180. I repeated several times, if the AC in my truck does not work like that black one and you can't figure out how to make it work, then just get me a new truck. I think we are on the same page now; but of course I thought that before too, and it became a disaster.

This original selling dealer does have an excellent reputation, and I had bought 7 Fords from them before in the early 70’s. Now, we live much further away. They want the truck back on Tuesday at 8am, this means I have to get up at 4am to be there, and drive through the worst traffic in the nation! YIKES

I really do hope they fix this thing, cause I do like the truck; but this mess has already taken about 4 days of time, and now I have at least one more full day, maybe two. Plus I am supposed to pick up my new boat on Wednesday! Yikes more problems.