6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Ford Customer Satisfaction Survey ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 09:39 PM
my996duc1
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Ford Customer Satisfaction Survey ??

--- not sure where to post this but since it is for my new 2011 F250 6.7L diesel truck.... I hope it will get some responses here.....

Bought my new 2011 F250 in early June and was told by the salesman that if I bring in the Ford Customer Satisfaction Survey blank he would give me a tank of fuel for free.
I have been back in twice to figure out some details of the extended warranty that they sold me (which have yet to be cleared up). Each time I am in to the dealer the sales guy comes right over and asks if I have the survey yet and promptly reminds me to bring it in blank and exchange it for a free tank of fuel. The last time I was in he even gave me his cell phone number to call to be sure he is there when I come in with the blank survey.
He and the finance guy both claimed that the sales guy is the only person that is reflected in the survey but when I read through it, it asks about other aspects of my purchase other than just the sales guy....

Why is he so bent on getting his hands on the blank survey ??
Does he get a kick back of some sort ??

I read through the survey and I know I would answer most of the questions differently than he would, I am sure. While a tank of fuel is not cheap, I am almost inclined to answer the questions honestly because they were everything but honest on most of the crap they tried to pull to get the sale.... AND they still don't have all my issues sorted out on the extended warranty.
..... I know, I know... I should have sorted all the issues out with the extended warranty when I bought it but I have a 2.5yr old daughter that after 4 hours at the dealer she was done and they caught me slipping at the very end.
I was told it was a 7yr 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty BUT when I read the fine print, after I got home and got the little one calmed down, it appears that they sold me a warranty that covers almost nothing....

Thanks in advance !

Old 07-01-2010, 02:01 AM
03silverTJ
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be honest with your survey! What do you think they are going to do with it!? Probably give themselves a great score.

I believe it affects the whole dealer though, not just the salesmen. When I bought my truck my salesmen also informed me of the "survey". Though he didn't ask me to just give it to him. He had asked that if I felt I needed to mark anything below "excellent" (or whatever the highest mark is) to call and discuss it before hand to see if the issue could be resolved.

I say fill it out yourself and be honest!

Old 07-01-2010, 06:30 AM
skinner24
Mountain Pass
You should fill it out yourself. The salesman is trying to make himself look good after they screwed you around. Just my .02.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:11 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Remember what your dad always taught you, "Honesty is the best policy." Sorry but it will take a lot more than a tank of fuel to get me to lie on a stupid survey.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:25 AM
roadkingfl
Elder User

That that is the type of sales person that give sale people a bad name.....what a scum bag.

Nail his a__ to the wall.

Your tank of fuel will be used up, that idiot will still be there screwing others.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Chep
Mountain Pass
And if it allows comments, I would mention the free tank of gas in exchange for a blank survey. Pretty scummy IMO. Is this the only dealer in your area? If not I would be looking to move my business once all your issues are resolved. Maybe talk to the owner about this practice if you can.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:38 AM
kluger
Senior User
I agree with the other comments - you'd be doing everyone else a service by filling the survey out honestly yourself. If the owner of the dealership gives a hoot and isn't the one encouraging this practice he may give you that tank of fuel for letting him know what's going on. If the owner is the one behind it - you need a new dealer.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:47 AM
my996duc1
Elder User
thanks for the comments !!
I am filling it out myself this morning and it does have an area for comments so I will mention that the dealer wants customers to return them blank in exchange for a free tank of fuel.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:53 PM
HawgGuy
New User
If they're dishonest about the small stuff, imagine how they handle the important things.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:58 PM
blueheron
Junior User
This episode indicates that Ford really does pay a lot of attention to these surveys.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:14 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
As a person who was in the business, I can tell you these surveys are critical to the dealer. Dealers receive grades from the manufacturer that effectively work like credit ratings. Ford will offer incentives to good dealers that poorly rated dealers don't get. All of the franchise agreements require specific levels of performance or Ford can literally pull a franchise back and grant to another.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:41 PM
my996duc1
Elder User
interesting info !!

no wonder the dealership in question is advertising that they are rated #1 by customers.... heck, they are filling out the customer survey themselves. I am sure every dealer would be #1 this way.

gives everything a new perspective about this dealership.

I called them again today and the guy that was supposed to call me said he had been very busy and that my warranty covered everything and to not worry. I asked for a copy of it and he told me that I already had it and I was set. Problem is my copy is the carbon copy that he took an ink pen and marked all the options on.... so I can see them in 5 yrs saying that I did this marking on my own and that I don't have anything covered.
I am going to have to wait until the warranty is registered with the company that backs the warranty to have them tell me what exactly I have.
What a pain in the butt....

thank you again for everyone's input on this !

Old 07-01-2010, 10:26 PM
vrsc
Senior User
I would call FMC and complain that this scum bag dealership is harrasing you about bringing in the blank survey! That is BS

Old 07-02-2010, 07:41 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
the deal on surveys
all the people in the dealer are paid commision, there is a bonus to your paycheck for good serveys returned.
I would if I had an issue contact the genral sales manager or the genral manager to discuss the issues for the negitive servey befor I mailed it in.

I also hope the warranty you bought was a ford esp policy and not aftermarket.

Ford in fact does pay alot of attinion to the surveys they get. It has an effect on the dealer as unit as a whole too.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:47 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Unless you have a dealer where the sales staff are salary, like the one I use.
I’m sure they get a bonus (like any company would/should) if they do well throughout certain periods of time.

Quick Reply: Ford Customer Satisfaction Survey ??