General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Bad News in Baltimore

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 10:08 PM
christaylor
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bad News in Baltimore

Maybe its just our week but I'm sitting here watching the news and it all stinks.
1) A 12 year old girl in a coma because at a birthday party a boy kisses her on a dare then 3 other 12 year old girls start beating her with the "guardians" encouraging them and escalating the situation

2) Water Taxi story 3 still missing including a 6 year old boy. what a bad vacation

3) Baltimore hospital screws up AIDS testing on 400 + tested at least one so far that have been retested was WRONG.

I hate watching the news.

Chris

Old 03-10-2004, 10:11 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
It does get a little discouraging at times. All I check is the headlines, and the weather.

Old 03-10-2004, 10:49 PM
acerockola77
Posting Guru
I try to avoid watching the news because it's either really depressing or it just makes me mad.

Old 03-10-2004, 11:09 PM
wlihntr
Postmaster
i read enough bad news in the paper, i am sorry, but i don't want to read it here. i like this place, lets leave it at that

Old 03-11-2004, 07:03 AM
rebocardo
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems to go in cycles, in threes and fours, and moves area to area.

In the Atlanta area a woman went into a church, shot her mother, pastor, and herself dead.

Then her son, a short while later, does his first home invasion, and shoots dead a high school coach and his teenage son. He gets shot dead too.

One nut case guy, invades a school, gets stopped walking around with a weapon or something. i think he took a girl hostage.

Estranged husband, goes to the wife's school, starts stabbing her in the middle of class, he gets taken down by the students before the police arrive.

Now all quiet.

> 12 year old girls start beating her with the "guardians" encouraging them

Unreal!

Old 03-11-2004, 07:31 AM
eyounger
Junior User
The first thing I do when I get to work is put the channel on SPEED, or Sci-Fi, or TNN. Anything but the depressing *** news. It's all the same and it goes over and over and over......
I am tired of hearing about Marth Stewart, Michael Jackson, or The Passion (Mel Gibson movie).
Then someone comes in and changes it back to news.

Old 03-11-2004, 07:38 AM
bigjack
Elder User
Welcome to the age of information overload!--Jack

Old 03-11-2004, 07:41 AM
97expy5_4
Senior User
Re: Bad News in Baltimore

[QUOTE]Originally posted by christaylor
[B]Maybe its just our week but I'm sitting here watching the news and it all stinks.
1) A 12 year old girl in a coma because at a birthday party a boy kisses her on a dare then 3 other 12 year old girls start beating her with the "guardians" encouraging them and escalating the situation

THese "guardians" need to be shot DEAD NOW! People like that don't deserve to Live....

Big Mick

Severn Maryland...

Old 03-11-2004, 08:00 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
At times human action makes you wonder!
The lack of humun intervention makes you wonder.

Old 03-11-2004, 08:05 AM
CONTRiC
Junior User
<http://212.2.162.45/news/story.asp?j...39x&n=97297444>

I think that is a link to the story.

Old 03-11-2004, 09:40 AM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
Tim Lamkin- "lack of human intervention"

i cant believe how many stories ive heard of where people just stood by and let the crime continue.

this was in the 70s or 80s. new york i think. a woman was being assulted in the worst way in her apartment stairwell. other tenents look out there doors into the stairwell. but, instead of doing anything, or at least calling the cops, they just shut their doors and went back to doing whatever it was they were doing. well, the guy then killed her. she coulda been alive today if someone would have at least done SOMETHING.

i could never live with myself if i let something like that go on without doing anything.

Old 03-11-2004, 04:17 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
The operative word in your reply, could not live with yourself…I am with you on that one.

Old 03-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Worry about your own sanity first. If you need help - learn to ask.

It's a hard thing to learn, but friends and counselors are plentiful. That way you can take care of you....

As to the OTHER aspect, be paranoid.

I mean that in a useful way, but after all - what does a "normal" person look like?

I will give you this advice on bad stuff happening, and it may sound chicken to you, but it works:

If something wrong is being done near you, haul *** to a safe place.

Find a place to observe what is happening.

Find a way to report what you see to competent authorities. The chances are that YOU are not. Don't get yourself killed because of your inexperience. You don't know how practiced a perpetrator might be.

Unless and until you find a way to send a message out (cell phone, telephone, messenger that you find in the area) don't get involved. You may be the only one who can report whatever it is..

FADE and observe. Get all of the details you can
Helpful info includes but is not limited to clothing, hair color, size, build, vehicle, license tag number, number of adversaries, method, and apparent awareness of surroundings. (How professional are they?)

But I digress....

Learn to be an agent. Learn to protect YOU, and still win.

Old 03-11-2004, 05:24 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
Greywolf, the satisfaction of putting someone behind bars after watching them murder someone, wouldnt quite do it for me. cause the victim is still dead. personally, i can go up against just about any other guy out there as long as they arent a martial arts instructor lol... i could understand how a 60 year old person who is defenseless would rather call the cops than to be physically injured, but the people in the story i listed above were healthy, fit individuals *and they didnt even call the cops*

those people were put on trial for not doing anything. i cant think of the name of the law that it is, but i just couldnt turn away like it wasnt happening, thinking "hey, i got a description of the guy"

i mean no offense at all Greywolf, im just telling you how i would address the situation.