Print Wikipost

reflex spray on bedliner

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 03:29 PM
pruav
Cross-Country
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Question reflex spray on bedliner

The only place in town does the Reflex brand of spray on bedliner. Does anybody have this brand? I am not fimiliar with the brand, Linex & Rhyno get all the press. How does this compare to Linex & Rhyno?

Craig
71 F100 4x4
03 F150 XLT 4x4

Old 01-15-2004, 08:01 AM
Fat Ford Boy
More Turbo
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
I don't have the Reflex, but a FORD dealer in KC is installing it exclusively in their trucks. It seemed to have god GRIP, and it looked good.

I looked them up (reflex), on the internet, (Forgot the site now), and it was informative. We recently bought a King Ranch, with Line-X, and it seems o.k. We've had the truck about a month.

Old 01-15-2004, 02:44 PM
PW01
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I checked their site and found nothing about a warranty. I would drive to the next town for the proven quality of Line-X, and the best warranty of the spray in liners.

Old 01-15-2004, 09:47 PM
BDU33
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a Reflex liner sprayed in my rig. Very Nice. Had Rhino in my last rig. This stuff is nicer, tighter orange peel, "stickier", cleans well, and I believe has a lifetime warranty. I will check the papers tomorrow and verify that, I'm pretty sure though. The installer did a great job, removed all bolts and tiedowns and even sprayed the bottom edge of my toolbox for me for no extra charge. I reccommend it. JMO though.

Old 01-15-2004, 10:00 PM
Fat Ford Boy
More Turbo
I admit, that I do NOT know anything about the Reflex, but this is also my first experience with Line-X too.

Looking forward to it though.

Thanx,

Old 01-15-2004, 10:04 PM
BDU33
Senior User
Fat Ford...You'll enjoy your Line-X, seems like thats the ticket these days although I chose the Reflex. I'll post again in 10 years with an update

Old 01-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Fat Ford Boy
More Turbo
BDU33..... I'm gonna hold you to that !!!!!!!

Thanx,

Old 01-17-2004, 07:34 PM
BDU33
Senior User
Yup..Lifetime Warranty

Old 09-13-2011, 03:55 PM
tcrimsonk
Freshman User
Originally Posted by BDU33
Fat Ford...You'll enjoy your Line-X, seems like thats the ticket these days although I chose the Reflex. I'll post again in 10 years with an update

Okay BDU33, I know it's only been 7 years, but how's that Reflex liner holding up for you? I have an International Scout and I'm thinking about having the whole interior done, along with the bottom six inches of the body. Does it clean easily still? Any fading or peeling?

Old 11-05-2011, 10:49 PM
BDU33
Senior User
Damn....I never thought I'd be back here talking about the liner. It's held up great. I do have some of it taken off the tailgate. Just a small area...maybe the size of a quarter...this was from dragging a loaded pallet on it. No peeling...just tearing where the edge of the pallet and tailgate insert met!

The color is still good also! Not a helluva lot of fading like my Rhino lining on my first rig.

Cheers!

Old 11-06-2011, 01:51 AM
tcrimsonk
Freshman User
BDU33, That's great news! I wasn't betting that you were still this site to respond, but I figured it was worth a try. I'm glad to hear it's held up well for you. I still need to get a roll cage put in, but once that's done, the liner is next on my list. I hope to get it all done in time to take the top off next spring.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:58 PM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
Reflex is a low pressure product which provides inferior adhesion and many times looks gooped on. It's also aromatic and will fade over time. They do not offer a nationwide warranty.

Just to compare: LINE-X uses a heat/high pressure application system which is the best system, LINE-X Premium and LINE-X Xtra are aliphatic and thus will hold their color and gloss, and LINE-X offers a limited lifetime warranty that's valid nationwide.

Here's some Reflex pics.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:12 AM
smoketire
New User
Reflex sprayon Bedliner

The question on Reflex Brand Spray on bed liner is a common one

I have been in the automotive Restoration business since the early 80s and
while running a collision shop with a large fleet of tow trucks we started seeing bed liners in the trucks we repaired -- as well as after they were in service for a few years many times installing bedsides and having to remove and repair from a collision damage

REFLEX , LINEX & RHINO ARE on the top of the food chain in Sprayonliners

It all comes down to the prep and how talented the sprayer is Reflex
and Linex can have a nice fine texture if applied correctly Reflex has 2 products Reflex & Gardit THE REFLEX has more of a grip where the Gardit you are able to slide your cargo eaiser --

this is a pretty cool post that you can see all 3 along with other examples

Reflex vs. Rhino vs. Linex Spray on Bedliner Cost | Palm Beach Customs - Building Dream Rides Since 1980

Old 12-18-2013, 09:02 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
The last post (before smoketire) was in 2011 and a lot has changed since then. LINE-X is WAY ahead of both Reflex and Rhino especially with the further development of LINE-X Platinum and LINE-X Body Armour. Neither Reflex or Rhino have products like them. Platinum has an insanely high tear strength. Body Armour is a pure 100% aliphatic polyurea. Find another bedliner company that offers that!

The article in the link that smoketire posted does not address strength and durability which is an extremely important aspect of a spray-on truck bedliner.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:24 AM
smoketire
New User
Reflex sprayon Bedliner

In Response To (Truck Daddy) you have some awesome points I have many posts on my site each one addressing a different aspect but what I did on the post - Because you make a good point I added some info about

UV - hard vs soft Vs Flexible - and you will notice In my post that I state that If you have a truck could be any (brand) they will all get the Job done

they all serve a purpose most importantly to inform the end user of the benefits- everyone has a preference in the end they can decide what they need to serve there purpose !

as for as tensile strength its a factor that should be looked at in combination
with other factors best explained here
Reflex has a Shore A hardness of 85, Tensile strength of 2,000 psi. and elongation of 600%. It is difficult to use these numbers to make an accurate comparison between products, however, because all three numbers need to be considered together. Paper, for example, at the same thickness as a rubber band is a harder material and will have a higher tensile strength, yet it will cut easily compared to the rubber and tear rather than stretch. Similarly, concrete has a high tensile strength but doesn’t make for a good truck liner. The materials should be tested for suitability of purpose, apart from focusing on one particular specification. We could be misleading by focusing on elongation alone, but the real test of a material is in an extended field test where all elements come into play.

we do a lot of commercial fleet lettering with bed-liners I have never had a failure -- the main focus needs to be on prep and application -- failures can happen from bad prep - adhesion and faulty equipment - mix ratios hope this helps educate the Buying Public -- you will probably never see a
installer say this I myself would be happy to have a Rhino - Reflex -or linex in my truck -- I would focus on the Applicator and his work ethics then the techie stuff . Make it a great day !

Quick Reply: reflex spray on bedliner