General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.
View Poll Results: Democrat or Republican ?????
I'll Vote Democrat
13.51%
I'll Vote Republican
48.65%
I'll Vote For the Individual
35.14%
I won't vote at all
2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Democcrat or Republican

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 05:28 AM
TLD
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Democcrat or Republican

The Democrats who would like to knock George W out of a 2nd term are dowmplaying the arrest of S. H this past weekened and are still attacking the position G.W. has taken on Iraq and since we still have troops there it sickens me that their commenst are bad for troop morale and do nothing to help.
How many in our own little world of this forum would vote Democrat and how many would vote Republican or would you instead look at the individual rather the party membership ???

Old 12-16-2003, 06:20 AM
BigMan69
Senior User
Howard Dean is the way to vote!!!!!

Old 12-16-2003, 07:06 AM
RRMike
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There will be two choices if you want to vote for a candidate that has any real chance to win. Those two choices will be Republican and Democrat. George Bush will be the Republican candidate and Howard Dean will probably be the Democratic candidate. I think the fashionable thing to do is to choose the (I vote for the best man/I'm an independent/I don't belong to a party) option. Watch this poll, it will probably have a ton of votes for "I'll vote for the individual." It seems like they all end up that way. I think a better poll for these types of questions is to simply put the two parties and if you're undecided don't vote. Or at the very least have the two parties and an undecided option. It seems like if there's a third option everyone who doesn't know the difference just picks that one. Well unfortunately there is no realistic third option.

Just my $.02 and it's 0513 here so it may or may not make any sense.

Old 12-16-2003, 12:56 PM
95BXL
Junior User
Originally posted by BigMan69
Howard Dean is the way to vote!!!!!
Sorry... I refuse to vote like a whacked out psychopath that needs an anger-management course.... quickly.

What's that?

You mean, vote FOR Howard Dean?

Oh.... never mind.

95 off tackle...

Old 12-16-2003, 01:14 PM
johare
Elder User
I vote for the person and what they stand for - not the party. Now days there is very little difference in the parties because there are liberal and conservative factions of each party.

Regarding the preseidential race, I have not decided yet but, so far, I have not seen a democratic representative that I am overly impressed with. That is not to say that I totally agree with GW either.

Old 12-16-2003, 01:17 PM
gdub
Senior User
I have always been a conservative. As the years have passed it has become nearly impossible to find anyone on the democratic side I can vote for. The candidates trying for the Dem. nomination are laughable.

Old 12-16-2003, 01:19 PM
drunkenmonk
Posting Guru
I'm gonna do what Archie Bunker used to do
write in Nixon

Old 12-16-2003, 02:02 PM
zonkola
Senior User
Originally posted by RRMike
I think the fashionable thing to do is to choose the (I vote for the best man/I'm an independent/I don't belong to a party) option. Watch this poll, it will probably have a ton of votes for "I'll vote for the individual." It seems like they all end up that way. I think a better poll for these types of questions is to simply put the two parties and if you're undecided don't vote.
I believe you've got it backwards. If anything, it's 'fashionable' to be rabidly conservative or heartachingly liberal. What is <i>unfashionable</i> is to ignore the myopic labels and take things issue by issue, backing up your opinions with facts and reason. The downside is that this doesn't provide a sense of belonging, and there are no clubs to join.

Having said that, I suspect a bunch of people click the individual button because they feel either choice could provide adequate suction to remove the chrome from a DeSoto bumper.

Old 12-17-2003, 12:03 AM
RRMike
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by zonkola
I believe you've got it backwards. If anything, it's 'fashionable' to be rabidly conservative or heartachingly liberal. What is <i>unfashionable</i> is to ignore the myopic labels and take things issue by issue, backing up your opinions with facts and reason. The downside is that this doesn't provide a sense of belonging, and there are no clubs to join.

Having said that, I suspect a bunch of people click the individual button because they feel either choice could provide adequate suction to remove the chrome from a DeSoto bumper.
Really? Have you looked at the lib vs con or dem vs rep polls that have been posted here? Every one I look at always has 3 or more options with about half picking conservative/republican and the liberals (and people who don't know the difference) almost all picking independent/I don't belong to one party/I think labels are bad/I vote for the best man.

For the Canadians it makes some sense but in the good ole USofA there are only two realistic choices. We have a two party system. Like I already said you are either going to vote for one or the other or someone who doesn't count. If you don't know which yet that is what the third option should say "Undecided". Like I said in my first post.

I just don't understand why people who know they will not vote for Bush can't just say they will vote Democrat. I don't know why there's so much fear here of being a liberal or democrat. I'm not afraid to say I'm a Republican and always vote Republican because I'm a fiscal conservative more than anything else and a vote for my real favorite party (Libertarian) would be wasted.

Now do I agree with the current administrations spending practices? No. But I think it's probably better than the socialized alternative. Lesser of two evils.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

On edit:

Here's a link to the most recent one I could find:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...hreadid=165050

See what I mean?

Last edited by RRMike; 12-17-2003 at 12:09 AM.