2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A-Plan Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 01:51 PM
odberks
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-Plan Pricing

From what I have read on this forum it seems to me that X-plan price is 4% + $150 over A-plan. Is there any way I can figure out what the A-plan price is BEFORE I order the 2004 F150? I have heard that the A-plan price is listed on the sticker (along with the MSRP) that comes with the new car (but the dealers usually remove this protion of the sticker) ..... is this true? Is there a website that can tell you A-plan pricing with the options you want?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 11-17-2003, 02:19 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A-Plan pricing is only available to employees of Ford Motor Company and their immediate relatives. It's not available to the general public. X-Plan is for employees of companies that supply parts to Ford Motor Company, or employees of companies that do substantial business with Ford. Again, not available to the general public.

Old 11-17-2003, 07:04 PM
odberks
Freshman User
Mark,
Yes, I understand that both A-Plan and X-plan are only offered to certain individuals ..... I am trying to figure out what the X-plan price would be for a 2004 F150 XLT .... and from what I understand X-plan is determind as a percentage over A-plan .... therefore I am trying to see if there is a way to easily find A-plan pricing so i can in turn determine X-plan pricing .... Do you know if it is true that the A-plan price is on the sticker of the car along with the MSRP?

Old 11-17-2003, 09:21 PM
bajaron
Senior User
Lightbulb x-plan

go to www.fordpartners.com You will need your companys code that they got from ford. You will be able to look at ford dealers inventory and it showes list and x-plan price. Hopes this helps

Old 11-17-2003, 09:25 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
X-Plan pricing is almost exactly the same as invoice cost. So, if you go to a site like CarsDirect.com and price out a vehicle, they'll give you both sticker and invoice. With a few rare exceptions, their invoice will be within $50 of X-Plan.

Old 11-17-2003, 10:04 PM
odberks
Freshman User
gotcha ..... thank you all for you help

Old 11-18-2003, 10:41 PM
Fat Mike
Senior User
A Plan is close to 15.5% off of MSRP. You can figure it out that way.

Old 11-19-2003, 05:29 PM
odberks
Freshman User
thanks mike .....

Old 12-15-2003, 08:59 PM
rjs1521
Junior User
you can do a searxh on village ford in dearborn and they list a-plan pricing as well as x-plan. x-plan is usually only a couple hundred below invoice. A-plan, depending on options can be a couple thousand. the a-plan price isusually on the invoice, not the sticker.

Old 12-21-2003, 08:37 AM
gtucke44@cox.net
New User
x-plan

I just purchased a 2004 using the x-plan and knew the saleperson. he shown me the invoice and the truck listed for 37900. final price with tax title and documents 30987.hope this helps

Old 12-21-2003, 09:41 AM
Cody1960
Junior User
a-plan, z-plan, it makes no difference. If you are going to order out a new truck and pay anything more than $100 over invoice, you are paying too much. Price out your truck prior to going to the dealership and then tell them what you are going to pay for your new truck. Don't let them dictate the terms. Dealers willing to sell at 100 over invoice and under are not hard to find.

Old 12-21-2003, 01:16 PM
aldridgec
Logistics Pro
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
And then complain why the service is so bad.
While you can find dealers that will, and many do sell at invoice. Then you hear about dealers not having great service blah blah, wonder why?

Old 12-21-2003, 01:40 PM
Cody1960
Junior User
Originally posted by aldridgec
And then complain why the service is so bad.
While you can find dealers that will, and many do sell at invoice. Then you hear about dealers not having great service blah blah, wonder why?
With all due respect sir, no matter which dealership you purchase your vehicle from, you do not have to take your vehicle to them for service. Dealerships have incentives from the factory to provide you with the best service that they can give, regardless of where you purchase. They also have penalties to dealerships that do not give top rate service. Winning service awards are not just for the plaque on the wall, they mean more money from Ford. If you don't believe that, why do they send you a card for you to tell them of your experience at the dealership? If you get poor service, it is a dealership issue that should tell you that they have poor management. If you are receiving warranty work, the repairs are paid them by Ford Motor Company, or whatever manufacturer the vehicle is made by. The mindset that you have to purchase your new vehicle from a given dealership and be loyal to them and them alone in order to get good service is simply ridiculous. If you get poor service, call Ford and tell them. They will make it right. I have experienced this problem once, and Ford made it right. In fact, I got a call on my cell phone while driving down the road from a VP at Ford, and my problem was corrected with apologies from the service manager at the dealership where I received the poor service. Ford doesn't care where you purchase your new Ford, they just want you to purchase one. I will only speak for myself about this, but if I am going to buy anything, I will buy it from the place that is going to take the least amount of my hard earned money. I find no sense whatsoever in paying more money than I have to for anything, do you?

Old 12-22-2003, 11:49 PM
03f150man
Elder User
aldridgec, there are still small dealerships where they know their customers and will do all they can to help service customers in cases of warranty disputes IF that customer purchased the car locally. But in these days of mega buck, nationwide dealerships (AutoNation,etc) that are based in metropolitan areas, I see no reason to pay one nickle extra just to buy the vehicle locally. And also, just because a small town dealer sells high priced vehicles does not by any stretch mean their service dept is worth a hoot. It may well be the oppoisite because some small volume/small town dealers can not afford the tools/training/etc. My advice is to buy a new car as cheaply as possible, and spend extra for the FoMoco extended warranty (or no warranty at all depending on your point of view). I think small town dealers are missing this point. Small town dealers in particular ought to routinely offer 5 year 60k (or better) warranties for new car sales. Small town buyers will more often stay local with their repair/maintenance so the free warranty will pay off in terms of increased new car sales and subsequent warranty/maintenance work.

Old 12-23-2003, 09:47 AM
aldridgec
Logistics Pro
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
my point wasn't small town dealers or the service department.

More so the quality of the service you recieve when you buy the car. Sales people not knowing answers to trucks and just wanting to know if you want to buy, not getting anything from the buying experinece etc. Go figure, all they want to know is "are you going to buy this truck (most likely at invoice) otherwise don't waste my time" Yeah they have service questionaires but what good does it really do. The consumer has created the scenario themselves, and some what did the industry in the 80's. Everyone wants to pay invoice (which IS what the dealer pays) so to do that we have created mega conglomerate dealership chains to afford to do that.

Quick Reply: A-Plan Pricing