1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

E-fuel: Beans, irate, bar none, someone else?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 09:26 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
I can't say for sure but I don't think he has time with his new job.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:43 PM
Pigpen1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O my gosh I hate when job gets in the way of things lol.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:54 PM
Pigpen1
Senior User
sorry

here's my wish list for efuel
1. keep stock fuel tanks
2. use selector valve
3. get rid of fuel bowl
4. remove stock pump
5. remove banjo supply lines
6. don't starve my sticks AT ALL

Possible?

Old 01-19-2017, 06:39 AM
Jarrett Campbell
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Strictly Diesel does a kit that accomplishes all those things, Curt. You have to pull the turbo though.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:53 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well I'm pretty bummed. I ordered the fuel kit from Bar None Monday evening hoping I could get it in time for this weekend so I could get my Bronco up and running again. Because they listed that they had the kit in stock, I didn't think it should take too long to get. I was going to order from Beans Diesel, but because of the potential order delay, I thought it would be quicker from Bar None.

Well they said in the email that they don't process the transaction until the payment is processed by the bank (which I don't blame them, but that made it take longer.) My bank didn't clear the payment until Wednesday evening. According to my order info, they didn't start processing the order today so I'm assuming it won't even be shipped out this week..

I would have given a call to get some more info, but the microphone on my phone stopped working so I have to carry a spare mic/headphone setup with me to use my phone as a phone, and I don't always have that with me.

So I don't know how long they are going to take to even process my order, but I'm not getting it this weekend.....

I suppose I should have known a big purchase like this may have taken longer, I'm just used to places like Amazon and Rock Auto that ship pretty quickly....

I guess I'll have to wait until the weekend after next to get my Bronco up and running again because I won't have much time during the week to work on the swap! My poor Bronco is so sad just sitting there waiting! At least this will still be a lot faster than me trying to piece my own kit together.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:41 PM
nateairman
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
If it helps at all, I've been on here for over 12 years and have found at least half of the DIYers after completing the job have stated that they wish they would have just bought a kit.
For the record I am very happy to have built my kit and think it turned out great.

But it is only a few weeks old and the ultimate test is time and punishment.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:44 PM
Pigpen1
Senior User
Originally Posted by Jarrett Campbell
Strictly Diesel does a kit that accomplishes all those things, Curt. You have to pull the turbo though.

Thanks Jarrett. I don't mind pulling the turbo especially when its gonna give the things I want. again thanks for the answer. Hopefully my wife lets me help spend tax money if not my piggy bank isn't to far off. man I'm so stoked for your answer Jarrett

Old 02-01-2017, 05:09 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
So I'm starting to regret buying this kit from Bar None...

I was able to pick it up yesterday after work, it took a little over two weeks for me to get it after I ordered it which was a bit longer than I expected. However, because of the bad weather up there and potential Christmas/New Years business, I have to give them some leeway because I know lots of businesses get pretty busy and hectic over these times.

I was a little bummed a signature was required for the package as well though because no one was going to be home when the package was supposed to be delivered. I live out on a ranch pretty far out of the way, we've never had issues with packages in the 15 years we've been out here and I can't recall needing a signature on any of my previous packages I've ordered. Again, it's understandable and better safe than sorry with an expensive package to require a signature, it was just a small added inconvenience on top of it taking longer than expected to arrive that I had to make an extra trip into town to pick up my package so I could try and get it installed as soon as possible.

Upon opening the package yesterday, I realized they forgot to send instructions with the kit, so I'm a little confused on what goes where and I can't verify if I have everything I need. I'm pretty sure they sent me everything I need, I'm not really too worried about that, I just wanted to lay it all out and plan for today when I got back from work so I could finally get my Bronco up and running again. However, without the instructions, it's going to take a bit of time piecing everything together and verifying everything is correct.

I did send them an email yesterday evening to see if the instructions were something I can download or have emailed to me, or if they have to send it. I did not see anything online or on my order page that has instructions for their kit so I'm assuming it is something they are supposed to send with the package or email with the order.

I know I'm being a little impatient on this, but they do say emails are responded to several times daily and I didn't receive an email back at all today so I figured I'd give them a call after getting home from work just to verify because I'm getting quite anxious to install my kit. However when calling the number listed on their website, it says the number has been disconnected or is no longer in service......

I'm starting to get an unfavorable impression of Bar None. I imagine it's a small business so there probably aren't many employees though. I've read nothing but great things about their customer service as well so I'm pretty sure this isn't normal for them. I sure do hope there isn't something bad that has happened like an illness/emergency with the person/people who run the business that has slowed them down. As much as I don't like it, I'd hope that they are just being slow and inconveniencing me than have a serious issue on their side. It just sucks that I spent a lot of money for this kit and there are several delays that keep popping up. I probably should have ordered from Beans diesel instead but the Bar None kit said was in stock when I ordered it, so I thought it would be faster and easier this way.

Everything in the kit does seem to be high quality and laid out well, I just will have to kinda puzzle piece things together until I can get a hold of the instructions.

I bought a kit so I could get this done relatively quickly and easily since I've been quite busy lately, maybe this is what I get for not going through and building my own after I did all the work to swap the powerstroke into my Bronco!

Old 02-01-2017, 05:10 PM
Shawn MacAnanny
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine was missing the instructions too, PM me your email and i'll send you the instructions. I got an email response the same day i emailed them but couldnt ever reach them by phone when i called them.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Shawn MacAnanny
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just looked it up and i emailed them the day i received the kit at 5:07pm and they had emailed me at 5:49pm with the PDF instructions

Also heres the last page of my thread where i actually purchased the kit and some installation pictures

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...up-pics-3.html

Old 02-01-2017, 05:18 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Hmm yeah, I've read their customer service is pretty excellent, so I'm guessing they may have just accidentally deleted/missed my email. I'm not trying to badmouth them or anything, I'm just venting a little since my excitement and anticipation has been let down.

I can't really be too mad at them. I know they aren't trying to make things inconvenient for me, I'm just getting a little upset for having my truck down for about a month and a half now (I didn't order e-fuel right away because I didn't have the money), and then not being able to install the kit when I finally get it!

Thanks for the offer too I'll PM you and send you my email!

Old 02-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Ahh I just got an email from them and they said they had an automated response system that was down. They ended up sending me their instructions with the new email as well!

I do believe they have great customer service like everything I've read, I've just run into a bit of inconveniences over the whole process that a lot doesn't really have to do with them at all, but is making this whole switch to e-fuel not as enjoyable as I thought it would be!

Once I get it installed, I'll take some pictures and write what I think of the system. It does seem to be a pretty good kit so I'm excited to have it installed!

Old 02-01-2017, 09:27 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
This alone is a real red flag " it says the number has been disconnected or is no longer in service"!

Old 02-09-2017, 06:58 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Okay, so after getting this installed, I have some leaks at the compression fitting to pushlock hose adapters in several areas.

The connection between these is a 3/8 NPT fitting. I put some diesel rated thread sealant between the connections but I can't get two of them to stop leaking. I'm unsure if I should just keep tightening away, or if that will damage the connections (they may be already damaged if they are leaking with how much I tried tightening them)

So, what do you guys think I should do to fix these lines? I emailed Bar None two days ago but didn't get a response so I'm going to try and make new lines with different materials if the compression fittings/pushlock adapter won't quit leaking.

Does anyone have any experience with the russell brand fittings and lines? I was thinking of going with the stainless steel russell hose, with their red and blue fittings and try and adapt that to my current supply hard line.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:55 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by Bubba Jones
Okay, so after getting this installed, I have some leaks at the compression fitting to pushlock hose adapters in several areas.

The connection between these is a 3/8 NPT fitting. I put some diesel rated thread sealant between the connections but I can't get two of them to stop leaking. I'm unsure if I should just keep tightening away, or if that will damage the connections (they may be already damaged if they are leaking with how much I tried tightening them)

So, what do you guys think I should do to fix these lines? I emailed Bar None two days ago but didn't get a response so I'm going to try and make new lines with different materials if the compression fittings/pushlock adapter won't quit leaking.

Does anyone have any experience with the russell brand fittings and lines? I was thinking of going with the stainless steel russell hose, with their red and blue fittings and try and adapt that to my current supply hard line.
I know some guys go to AN fittings. If you are going to replace, try tightening the heck out of them. What have you got to lose? I have found that compression fittings need to be cranked pretty darn tight. I have always done that and had good luck. Let us know! I won't find out if I have leaks or not until tomorrow morning sometime. I still have wiring to do.

Quick Reply: E-fuel: Beans, irate, bar none, someone else?