1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Stinky gave 'im whut fer... in a very satisfying way.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 06:39 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Stinky gave 'im whut fer... in a very satisfying way.

Many of us have seen the adolescent mind at play in a vehicle, and there's one very annoying type that I've run across in my area more than once. Maybe others here have seen this in their area, I don't know.

5 vehicles going down a steep grade in a 60 MPH zone, and the lead vehicle (a Hummer) is going 45 in a no-passing zone. We reach a passing zone and he cranks it up to 65. Ah... I've seen this before... and the three vehicles between the Stink-N-Rich research and development team and the Hummer aren't doing anything about it. So I jump around those three on the next passing zone (not many in the Columbia River Gorge on my daily commute). Once I'm out of passing zone and the three vehicles are in the rearview - the Hummer knows it's game on... I can tell by the way he picks up the pace to prevent a pass.

We're doing 65 on the next straight passing zone - with no oncoming traffic, so I'm watching to see what he does. We reach the wonderful double solid-yellow center line, and sure enough - he lets off the throttle, just to be annoying. I know there's a fat juicy passing zone coming around the next bend, but I have to hope for no on-coming traffic. I see the straight approaching, as well as one nearby lone car in the opposing lane - with a nice stretch of empty road behind him.

I can tell the Hummer knows what's coming from the big blue oval in his rearview, because he really amps it up. I follow closely until we reach about 75-80 MPH when the oncoming car passes - and this is when I introduce this cute girl (Pedal) to a friend of mine (Mat). It took me all of five seconds to round the Hummer and flash my *** at him in his lane in excess of 95 MPH and he got a taste of brake lights leading into a no-passing zone. I felt I made my point and carried on at my own pace from there. I wasn't worried he'd try to get in front for a repeat, he got the message loud and clear - his Hummer ain't all that.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:46 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 201 Likes on 108 Posts
Drive safe, Rich.

It IS fun, sometimes, though!!

Old 07-07-2016, 07:57 AM
carl2591
Fleet Mechanic
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts
First off he was in a hummer.. that tells you the mind factor is not all that great. more show than go and at 3 mpg not a smart way to get around.

glad you showed him a real truck and POWER is the best medicine for stupid.

who does he think he is???

Old 07-07-2016, 08:09 AM
pirschwagon
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I did that once in the 1970's. The guy pulled a Gun and shot several times at me and my brother.

I just let stupid be stupid.

On another note, in the 80's a guy was doing that on Rt. #50 some where in the mid-west for about 50 miles. When the lanes cleared back into 2 he took off waiving that finger at me.

I passed him about 30 miles down the road with his drive shaft hanging. I did beep and waive nicely when we went by.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:18 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Originally Posted by F250_
Drive safe, Rich.

It IS fun, sometimes, though!!
Yeah... that is a very rare event. Parts and fuel money could be lost to ticket money, plus a malfunction at that speed with all that weight gets ugly fast. FWIW - the rolling gear on Stinky is in top form. This is one of those "I could, so I did" things.

I wanted to glance over to see who was driving, but I passed him too fast to see. Even if I could look, I was more focused on possible hazards ahead.

One time a bunch of teens passed us on the interstate, going way too fast. I wanted to hold up a sign, reading "Speed trap ahead!", but that was out of the question. Sure enough... two miles later, there they were - parked on the shoulder with blue and red strobes in their rearview.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:13 AM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Good job Rich. It's nice to know that you educate people not associated with this board as well as you do those that are.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Shovelheadrob
Fleet Mechanic
Received 141 Likes on 80 Posts
You would think that at your time of life you would know better, but then I think I'd do exactly the same & I've probably got a couple more years under my belt!

Old 07-07-2016, 05:36 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 201 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelheadrob

You would think that at OUR time of life WE would know better...

There... fixed it for you!

Old 07-07-2016, 07:36 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,188 Likes on 816 Posts
Good Job Rich, I've had that happen to me almost on a daily basis, sadly its always a female driver doing it which raises the typical stereo type even more.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:33 PM
Otto396
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelheadrob
You would think that at your time of life you would know better, but then I think I'd do exactly the same & I've probably got a couple more years under my belt!
I know several older fellas who never grew out of it!

I'm sure I'll be one of them

Old 07-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Otto396
Senior User
I love it when these types of things happen and the other guy is left behind in a puff.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:39 PM
bigb56
Cargo Master

Received 219 Likes on 149 Posts
A few years ago I had a girl in a Hummer pass me in a no passing construction zone and spray gravel all over my truck when she pulled back in front of me. Then a couple years after that a guy in a black Hummer came into my lane (double turn lanes) and almost ran me into the median in my Grand Cherokee. I blasted the horn and the jerk stopped ahead blocking my lane then when I tried to go around him he cut me off. I called him something bad and he acted like a tough guy and started running close along side me like he was going to run me into the median again but I just called his bluff and took off and he got out of the way. He probably had a gun and things could have turned out bad for me but what a jerk.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:43 PM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts
Agreed Rich. We have all been there. I seem to find it a lot when pulling my trailer. For some odd reason everybody and there mother has to pull out in front of you because you are going to slow them down. Meanwhile down the road they can't even do the speed limit. Normally I just go with the flow. But there is something supremely satisfying about blowing somebody's doors off now and then. I don't get to do it as much since I took my chip off. But look forward to the future with new sticks and a chip again. Being able to turn heads in a truck that weighs twice there car........ Man get goosebumps thinking about it. Of course always safely

Old 07-08-2016, 05:33 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
I was just reflecting on a time when this happened before, and that one gives me a bigger smile because of the circumstances.

It was moving day, and I was hauling a load with the family in "Tugly" - a Ford passenger van with a 460. Halfway to my new home, some punks in an Oldsmobile pulled the no-pass game on me in a rural setting with a slower speed limit. I roared past them as I could hear the Olds in "floored mode", and my friend in the passenger seat just busted up laughing. "You should have seen the looks on their faces".

I look over my shoulder to see a van full of kids, furniture, my friend, and boxes. Given the state of the paint job on Tugly and all the crap visible through the windows, I'd say those punks felt like they just got pwned by the Clampett car.

For us old folk on the forum - here is the definition of [pwned].

Old 07-08-2016, 09:18 AM
Macmathews
Elder User
whoa ...
It was a Hummer you took down,, not a GT350...

Klye

Quick Reply: Stinky gave 'im whut fer... in a very satisfying way.