Bronco II Ford Bronco II

Guidance on buying a BII!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 02:56 AM
Alex_Jillo
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guidance on buying a BII!

I am wanting to buy a Bronco II but I just want to get some expert opinions on this given situation.

I live in Central, Ohio.

I am 20 and a Full time college student and I work 40-50 hours a week in the summer (now) and 25-35 during the school year.

Although fords in general haven't been my calling I have always wanted a Bronco, even since I was a very little kid!

I have a car for now, and I want to hold on to it until I could get a Bronco into great mechanical condition.

In my area there are about 10 Bronco's that are listed 500-1000 dollars and I am wanting to ****** one up. Most of these are not running but my understanding is that engine swaps and engine parts in general are cheap for these cars? Is that a misconception?

I have talked to one guy that lives about 100 miles from my house, he wants to let go of his bronco for next to nothing, clean title and almost no rust. Tires arent dry rotted but hasn't been turned over for 3 years. How much of a challenge do you think that'd be to track back home?

I would say I'm pretty mechanically inclined and if there is something I can't do, my Father most certainly can fix it!

Any information I can get would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
-Alex

Old 07-03-2016, 04:20 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,596 Likes on 1,301 Posts
JMO but with your school and work unless you can go without sleep, your B II project is going to sit.

I would pass on this until you have more free time.

JOB ONE is the college stuff, not searching out parts for a project.

Many of these will still be for sale after you graduate.

jmo, ymmv, I've got two kids in school and they don't have much spare time....

Old 12-30-2017, 01:25 PM
chrlsful
Logistics Pro
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Offer a low figure. Go out there w/dad & tools. Get it running. Continue to offer low figure. If safe to do so, drive home (again, @ a low $ figure). B very careful as this could take all ur time'n all ur money so keep expectations low (2 avoid burn out, disappointment & financial ruin). 8^0

Complete ur wrk & school wrk...use it as a hobby, ie something to do after wrk/school. That's ur main orientation (income/career) for near the next decade. At the end of this period I had enuff income, done enuff research, formulated a firm enuff plan I'd proceed with to the end w/o change. During the decade (or 2 in my case) I had a classic DD (& again in my case) work (ie made me an income) and rec vehicle. The BII's roof is not removable so am unsure about the income generation but w/a hitch U may scrounge up something (landscapin?).
Good Luck, follow a (several?) dreams - but be thought-full as well.