Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Joying HU updates, upgrades, ROMs, installing/Tips and tricks, ect

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 03:05 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Joying HU updates, upgrades, ROMs, installing/Tips and tricks, ect

Ok Due to the other thread that we have for the digital gauges starting to get a bir crowded and possibly?? off topic a tiny bit I figured I would move the Joying HU discussion parts here, well at least split it off so were not excessivly filling the thread with things that are semi off topic...anyways have fun and lets discuss the Joying unit, every thing from installing it to ROMs and what ever else

If you are interested in reading the original thread about the gauges and related info click the link who wants all digital read out gauges exhaust and fuel pressure too (the original thread that started this discussion)

Old 06-02-2016, 03:10 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,853 Posts
I don't have much to add other than I have not really heard anything bad about the Joying unit and that it is a step in the right direction. I have subscribed to this one and will keep an eye on it.

Old 06-02-2016, 03:12 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
I think this is a great idea! Subscribing

Old 06-02-2016, 03:42 PM
coax9952
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Wait until you hear about ChapterIII.....".What if you can't get the factory unit out, The Edge of the Abyss !!" It'll be Riveting!...

Old 06-02-2016, 04:06 PM
socuban
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuned in. I'd like to see the J unit in operation and here more about it before I decide between it or a tablet to display gauges.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:04 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Originally Posted by socuban
Tuned in. I'd like to see the J unit in operation and here more about it before I decide between it or a tablet to display gauges.
As far as display of gauges goes it will be the same as a tablet, just in your dash verses a separate mount and hardware/charging cable and USB adapter and can play with other things like radio or what ever else you want to have like nav...

Old 06-02-2016, 10:03 PM
Dan V
Lead Driver
Received 579 Likes on 374 Posts
I ran the factory rom on my Joying unit for a short time. I neither liked it or disliked it...I was more intrigued by the possibilities of a new and improved rom. As I stated, I run the May 22 rom by Malaysk on the RK3188 1024 x 600. Xposed modules activated. Currently have the speed/clock screen saver enabled...and need to sit down and either change it or disable it...preferred would be disabled.

Old 06-03-2016, 04:33 AM
Thor'sHammer
Laughing Gas
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaime74656
Ok Due to the other thread that we have for the digital gauges starting to get a bir crowded and possibly?? off topic a tiny bit I figured I would move the Joying HU discussion parts here, well at least split it off so were not excessivly filling the thread with things that are semi off topic...anyways have fun and lets discuss the Joying unit, every thing from installing it to ROMs and what ever else
Jaime,

We should link that old gauges thread to this one. There's a ton of information there. I'll get you the XDA links this weekend for how to update ROMs and whatnot.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:12 AM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Thor'sHammer
Jaime,

We should link that old gauges thread to this one. There's a ton of information there. I'll get you the XDA links this weekend for how to update ROMs and whatnot.
Done, link added

Old 06-03-2016, 08:55 AM
CarterKraft
More Turbo
Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
My bluetoothed input sounded terrible, very tinny and hollow whereas the radio sounded fine equal to OEM.

I contacted Joying and they recommended I change the BT level in the factory settings menu. I have not done so yet but I will tonight and report back.

I can't say enough about the support from Joying. They have contacted me many times and always replied to my requests with in 12 hours.

I am still on the fence about the Malaysk ROM as I am not exactly sure what I want to change.

I am having trouble getting my OBD ELM 327 device to connect, it has always worked fine on my Samsung S3 but I have only got it to connect once to the truck. It connects to the head unit fine but won't connect to the truck.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:38 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Originally Posted by CarterKraft
My bluetoothed input sounded terrible, very tinny and hollow whereas the radio sounded fine equal to OEM.

I contacted Joying and they recommended I change the BT level in the factory settings menu. I have not done so yet but I will tonight and report back.

I can't say enough about the support from Joying. They have contacted me many times and always replied to my requests with in 12 hours.

I am still on the fence about the Malaysk ROM as I am not exactly sure what I want to change.

I am having trouble getting my OBD ELM 327 device to connect, it has always worked fine on my Samsung S3 but I have only got it to connect once to the truck. It connects to the head unit fine but won't connect to the truck.
I noticed mine seems to behave similar as well

Old 06-03-2016, 02:05 PM
CarterKraft
More Turbo
I didn't clarify but they recommended changing the settings to the above

Radio 9
BT 14

Old 06-03-2016, 08:19 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Originally Posted by CarterKraft
I didn't clarify but they recommended changing the settings to the above

Radio 9
BT 14

What type of speakers are you using, some times speakers do play a roll in the "tinney" sounding noises, not saying your wrong or any thing but I also noticced the same with the Ford stocks that came in the truck and better quality sound with my "After Market" speakers I have in the truck now, haven't really done extensive testing but what I did I did notice a difference between stock/aftermarket and no I have NOT messed with any settings yet (want to get the radio permanently installed first before I configure it)

Old 06-05-2016, 11:07 AM
CarterKraft
More Turbo
They are some Phoenix gold replacements from a wholesaler years ago. I have hated them even after replacing the OEM on the OEM radio however on the Joying FM radio they sounded better and the Bluetooth input sounded worse.
A amp and new speakers all around (quality this time) will solve the problem.

My levels were already at 9/14 so I bumped the bt level to 19 and its allot better. I think the amp in the head unit runs out of headroom when turned up too high so boosting the incoming signal helps keep it in the curve.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:08 AM
CarterKraft
More Turbo
For Dan and others with the Malaysk ROM is there a diy for dummies I can follow? I downloaded the April rom I'm just scared to try the install.

Quick Reply: Joying HU updates, upgrades, ROMs, installing/Tips and tricks, ect