1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Need some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 06:40 AM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Pebcak
I'm also going for my Bachelor's in IT Security. I had to get my Linux + as part of my curriculum. I think Linux is ok but the class only focused on Command Line. Lost interest about 75% in. I don't deal with servers is why. If I ever get time I want to learn more about Kali to assist with testing and security.
Don't worry about a bit of geek talk, it happens here sometimes.

About the security side, please LEARN some stuff and UNDERSTAND how all this stuff works and what any potential vulnerabilities are in your environment, please don't just spew rhetoric from the white papers of various scanner-software vendors or from entities such as PCI.

Actually knowing your **** and understanding what the issues are in your specific environment (most especially when some virus or attack comes about) will earn you respect, and merely spewing the party line won't help you.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:40 PM
dnkensinger
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Job! I had a similar issue last year with my 84 and doing this solved my problems too. I also used that whip coming off the ground cable to run a separate ground do my radiator support.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:19 PM
Pebcak
Senior User
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ctubutis
Don't worry about a bit of geek talk, it happens here sometimes.

About the security side, please LEARN some stuff and UNDERSTAND how all this stuff works and what any potential vulnerabilities are in your environment, please don't just spew rhetoric from the white papers of various scanner-software vendors or from entities such as PCI.

Actually knowing your **** and understanding what the issues are in your specific environment (most especially when some virus or attack comes about) will earn you respect, and merely spewing the party line won't help you.
All I know for certain is that I love what I do. I'm always up for learning something new and not stagnate in the industry. Right now I have to renew my Cisco CCNA before June 10th and I'm studying for my Cisco Wireless exam.

I don't do white papers and rely on vendors for information. That's one thing I agree with 100% is how it gets old hearing about all of that all the time.

I know some stuff well but I'm not expert at what I do by any means. My saving grace is that I admit to that 1st and learn all I can without complaint.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:22 PM
Pebcak
Senior User
Exclamation

Originally Posted by dnkensinger
Good Job! I had a similar issue last year with my 84 and doing this solved my problems too. I also used that whip coming off the ground cable to run a separate ground do my radiator support.
I'm so glad that this is what was able to fix my issue this time. Right now we are short on spare vehicles and it would be a big pain to double up for others getting to work.

It's been said before that I'm not rolling in the dough so I can't fix everything all at once. Plus, I'm horse poor because of my daughter. But hey, it's kept her out of trouble with drugs, alcohol, sex and being a teen mom! Dad can wait a little longer for his time. She's a senior next year so... Yeah....

Old 05-27-2016, 07:37 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,107 Likes on 1,795 Posts
Good to hear all it took was some new batt. cables and all is good now.

BTW I was in IT also for 15 years. Desk top/desk side support and break fix of towers & laptops. Configured PC's for new people and upgrades as needed.
Being most of that is outsourced it was contracts for 6 moths to a year then no work for 3 to 6 months just could not take it any more.
Now I drive trailer truck tanker, hate the hours but love the job.
Dave ----

Old 05-27-2016, 08:15 PM
Pebcak
Senior User
Exclamation

Originally Posted by FuzzFace2
Good to hear all it took was some new batt. cables and all is good now.

BTW I was in IT also for 15 years. Desk top/desk side support and break fix of towers & laptops. Configured PC's for new people and upgrades as needed.
Being most of that is outsourced it was contracts for 6 moths to a year then no work for 3 to 6 months just could not take it any more.
Now I drive trailer truck tanker, hate the hours but love the job.
Dave ----
I did military for 13 years then didn't like the corporate way it was turning and they wanted me to start sitting behind a desk instead of being in the field.

Then I worked for the State Govt, then the DoD as a contractor and hated it cause they were wanting to outsource after Anthony Snowden.

Now I'm the single Network Engineer at my location and love it. No one's replaceable but I'm pretty secure now and love what I do. Apparently I'm the first Cisco certified "Network Guy" at this location in 35 years!! It's ugly but hey, they did the best they could with what they knew.

Now I get to be the "savior" because I have 20 years of experience in IT now.

I'm pricing a distributor, wires and stuff to get everything running good again. Sounds like I'm not running all 8 right now.

Old 05-27-2016, 08:35 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,107 Likes on 1,795 Posts
Wife was also in IT for about 25 years but her home office would not let her or anyone else touch anything. Nothing like you know how to fix it but your hands are tied, home office said they would get to it but not when and your people are yelling to get it fix.

Is it not hitting on all 8 because it's a 6 lol
Could pull 1 plug wire at a time and see what cly is not helping do it share of the load.
Could also put a little water on each exh port at the head. If it boils or evaps it is firing.
Keep us posted on the next fix.

BTW my project truck motor was not hitting on all 6 and just a plug change fixed it but after I did a compression test.
Dave ----

Old 05-27-2016, 08:45 PM
Pebcak
Senior User
Originally Posted by FuzzFace2
Wife was also in IT for about 25 years but her home office would not let her or anyone else touch anything. Nothing like you know how to fix it but your hands are tied, home office said they would get to it but not when and your people are yelling to get it fix.

Is it not hitting on all 8 because it's a 6 lol
Could pull 1 plug wire at a time and see what cly is not helping do it share of the load.
Could also put a little water on each exh port at the head. If it boils or evaps it is firing.
Keep us posted on the next fix.

BTW my project truck motor was not hitting on all 6 and just a plug change fixed it but after I did a compression test.
Dave ----
Holy Cow.. You can tell it's Friday.. I just second guessed myself that it wasn't a V8..

I was planning on doing that this weekend to see which ones are having issues if I have time. Prep for when I get my "truck part allowance" and get the wires, cap etc. etc.