1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

C'mon California...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 06:06 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by HT32BSX115
Unfortunately, back when it might have been possible to turn it around, FAR too many people were just "shaking their head" (nothing else (
--
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."
- Plato -

Old 05-12-2016, 10:30 PM
old_dan
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 52 Merc
This is the problem we're having up North of California. Too many Cali transplants moving to Seattle and ruining it for the rest of us natives, as they push their leftist agenda trying to build the utopia they failed to create back home. There's enough wackos in King County that can cram most anything down the throats of the rest of the state. They've finally got enough signatures to put the carbon tax on the ballot this fall. There's no end to the damage that will do. There, just wanted to get that off my chest before the mods close this down.
Hey Wayne,

I am pretty sure that the nut jobs that you see only stopped over in California for a while. They drop their liberal beliefs onto us & now they're headed your way. Sorry to rain on that parade, but I don't think that they are actually from here!

Funny story though....I have relatives by marriage who are Oregon natives. My wife's uncle was ranting about how Californians were ruining the property values all over Oregon. He got a little quiet when I mentioned that for every Californian who paid too much for a piece of Oregon property....there was an Oregonian who took the money.

All joking aside...there are a lot of decent people here. I hope you won't let a few bad apples taint your entire view.

Dan

Old 05-12-2016, 11:38 PM
eman92082
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
My Apologies to all for starting this Thread. Doesn't serve the vibe to support and encourage each other in Ford Truck stuff. Won't happen again.

E

Old 05-12-2016, 11:48 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Apologize for what? Huh? People need to be informed of this stuff.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:52 AM
HT32BSX115
Logistics Pro
Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Tedster9
Apologize for what? Huh? People need to be informed of this stuff.
That's right!

All joking aside...there are a lot of decent people here. I hope you won't let a few bad apples taint your entire view.
There's FAR MORE than a few decent people there!

The primary problem is that the "bad apples" are in charge!! I hope and pray that the decent people wake up some day and fix it!

Old 05-13-2016, 07:36 AM
South of BC
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by old_dan
Hey Wayne,

I am pretty sure that the nut jobs that you see only stopped over in California for a while. They drop their liberal beliefs onto us & now they're headed your way. Sorry to rain on that parade, but I don't think that they are actually from here!

Funny story though....I have relatives by marriage who are Oregon natives. My wife's uncle was ranting about how Californians were ruining the property values all over Oregon. He got a little quiet when I mentioned that for every Californian who paid too much for a piece of Oregon property....there was an Oregonian who took the money.

Dan
My favourite California joke:

A Russian, a Frenchman, an Oregonian, and a Californian are on a hunting trip and are sitting about the campfire in the evening. The Russian pulls out a bottle of the best vodka, takes a swig, tosses the bottle in the air, pulls out his sidearm and shoots it before it hits the ground. Stunned, the others ask why he did that. "In Russia, we have lots of vodka." So the Frenchman pulls out a bottle of the best champagne. He does the same and says, "In France, we have lots of champagne." So the Oregonian pulls out a bottle of microbrew. After taking his swig and tossing the bottle in the air, he pulls out his sidearam, shoots the Californian and catches the bottle before it hits the ground. Horrified, the Russian and the Frenchman ask why he did that. "In Oregon, we have lots of them and we get a nickel back on every bottle."

Feel free to share with your wife's uncle.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:39 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by eman92082
My Apologies to all for starting this Thread. Doesn't serve the vibe to support and encourage each other in Ford Truck stuff. Won't happen again.

E
No need to apologize. Honestly, this has been a very interesting conversation. It's not a roses and tulips type subject anymore. I don't think anybody is offended or irritated at all. And I don't think anybody is actually attacking Californians. It's been educational to me to hear the reasons people stay in less-than-ideal situations.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:22 AM
South of BC
Elder User
Originally Posted by HT32BSX115
That's right!

There's FAR MORE than a few decent people there!

The primary problem is that the "bad apples" are in charge!! I hope and pray that the decent people wake up some day and fix it!

Never going to happen. My great-grandfather emigrated to California when the southern end of the state was a semi-arid desert. But the raping of the Owens Valley, the Dust Bowl, WWII, and Disneyland sealed the fate of the state. It is now a mecca for the entire world, and most of them liberals. Conservatives don't want to move there, and the ones that are there want to leave. When California implodes the Feds will deem it "too big to fail" and the rest of the 49 will bail it out. Sorry for being so grim, but I don't see any change in California politics unless the state falls into the ocean.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:25 AM
South of BC
Elder User
Originally Posted by Doc
No need to apologize. Honestly, this has been a very interesting conversation. It's not a roses and tulips type subject anymore. I don't think anybody is offended or irritated at all. And I don't think anybody is actually attacking Californians. It's been educational to me to hear the reasons people stay in less-than-ideal situations.

Ditto. Besides, as far as I'm concerned, you didn't bring it up Ernie. Doc did!!

Old 05-13-2016, 08:34 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Don't take this as bashing the state. I was stationed in CA back in 1960 and found it quite enjoyable.
CA has been a trendsetter, a bellwether for the rest of the country. They're broke, the rest of the country is broke. So we'll bail them out, who will bail us out? I hate to visualize where we're heading. Is it too late?

Old 05-13-2016, 08:34 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by South of BC
Ditto. Besides, as far as I'm concerned, you didn't bring it up Ernie. Doc did!!
Yep!! I'm the one who initially stirred that pot. Lol. Apologies.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:55 AM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I can't blame the crazies and the wackos for moving to California. They gotta live somewhere too and between the weather, the natural resources, and the beauty of the place, there just aren't many places that can compete. I know it would be at the top of my list but because of all the aforementioned issues I can suppress any inclination to be there on a permanent basis.

But I have been quite a few times - ran the marathon at Big Sur, backpacking in the Yosemite backcountry, time in San Diego, Napa, Marin, Monterrey, and ran the San Francisco marathon too. The climate and terrain are so different than what I am accustomed too on the east coast that it is a refreshing change in a way. It is a unique place and unfortunately getting more so everyday.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:09 AM
old_dan
Fleet Mechanic

Now...about that oil...

I've been using the Lucas break-in additive with conventional oil. After 2000 miles or so I'll switch to Royal Purple synthetic with the zinc additives already included.

You can order any of that on Amazon or from Summit.

Dan

Old 05-13-2016, 11:21 AM
mountain dewd
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Where I am in CA, it REALLY does not feel like California at all. Way up north. One thing I will say, is my bronco is 20 years old without a speck of rust.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:22 AM
old_dan
Fleet Mechanic

Quick Reply: C'mon California...