1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

C'mon California...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 05:12 PM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,451 Likes on 1,398 Posts
Originally Posted by Tedster9
... the last thing anyone needs is the expat wackjob Californians setting up shop and implementing the same psychosis in relatively sane states. No, we don't ****ing care how you used to do it back home. At some point, they shouldn't be allowed to leave
This is the problem we're having up North of California. Too many Cali transplants moving to Seattle and ruining it for the rest of us natives, as they push their leftist agenda trying to build the utopia they failed to create back home. There's enough wackos in King County that can cram most anything down the throats of the rest of the state. They've finally got enough signatures to put the carbon tax on the ballot this fall. There's no end to the damage that will do. There, just wanted to get that off my chest before the mods close this down.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:39 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's the same ol same ol - Not enough of the fed up people vote - They feel like their vote doesn't count - For many years I voted against those that had been in office and had done nothing or worse screwed something good up - In North West PA the typical voter turn out is between 21 and 27 % of the registered voters - If we, I'm guilty, don't bring people together that will be able to kick the things out of office and replace them with non-political people - All I ever hear is They don't have the experience - Well gather around ANYONE that has never held any office going back to 1st grade will not be able to screw things up like they are now
I had a guy stop by my house last week asking for my vote to get him reelected to represent me in D.C. - I ask him where he gets his money from, he shuffled his feet and after a few hmms from him I told him to give me a few seconds - T went over to an end table and picked up a bunch of papers and I showed him his voting record and where he got his money from - First he looked embarrassed the he got pissed - I told him the information was what he was required to release - I also told him I posted it on a redneck site in this area and pointed out his anti outdoor votes

Old 05-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Well, I guess I'll chime in now, before some of you decide I'm not allowed to move out of the state.

Everyone who wants to leave the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia is not a wacko. So please don't assume we are. Well, I do like old Ford trucks, so maybe you're right.

I am 66 years old now, was born in Tennessee but have lived in CA off and on for 56 of those years. Someone said it used to be a nice place to live. I agree with that.

But I'm leaving before the state goes bankrupt from giving away the excessive tax money we pay to illegal aliens, people who just don't want to work because they don't have to and out-of-control retirement benefits for state employees.

Don't misunderstand me. Those retirement benefits were earned by those folks, but the state has spent the money on other things, and will be bankrupt in less than five years. It's a known problem that no one is trying to fix. The only way to fix it is to drastically increase the already ridiculously high taxes. I won't be paying for it.

And, I will soon be a criminal in this state because I own firearms. I have to get out before the passage of stricter gun laws makes me a criminal.

So please reconsider closing your state borders to me. I'm sorry the wackos have begun to ruin your states, but I believe it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Yes, of course the sane Californians are welcome. Heck, even NumberDummy.

Somebody pointed out to me once, all the nutty Californians are actually transplants from other states anyway. There's definitely an attraction for fruits and nuts.

Seriously though it's extremely sad what has happened, is happening now, and it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets worse.

Even those of us who remember the past are condemned to repeat it, because of all the stupid *******s out there. Oh well.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:19 PM
mOROTBREATH
Cargo Master
Received 167 Likes on 113 Posts
My form of protest to the smog regulations are to drive vehicles exempt from emissions control, any vehicle made model year 1975 or older.

Otherwise I don't live in a particularly expensive town, and the convenience of living so close to L.A, San Diego, some of the nicest beaches, Las Vegas, Bay areas....that convenience is enjoyable.

I pay more attention to the positives than negative, and as of now I don't see me leaving. Nanny states do disturb me, but not to the point of anger.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:09 PM
eman92082
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
Yikes! Didn't mean to stir up the friends. Wasn't ranting, just slowly shaking my head.

By the way, outside of the Hollywood propaganda machine, California is mostly Farming and Dairy. Good solid folks.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:13 PM
Oldb
Tuned
Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 52 Merc
This is the problem we're having up North of California. Too many Cali transplants moving to Seattle and ruining it for the rest of us natives, as they push their leftist agenda trying to build the utopia they failed to create back home. There's enough wackos in King County that can cram most anything down the throats of the rest of the state. They've finally got enough signatures to put the carbon tax on the ballot this fall. There's no end to the damage that will do. There, just wanted to get that off my chest before the mods close this down.
As a fellow east of the cascades resident I could not agree more. I am very concerned about the carbon initiative that is gathering signatures as we speak. My county will loose its two biggest tax payers as a result. One will go to Idaho.
Actually when I retire Northern Idaho is starting to look pretty darn good.

B

Old 05-11-2016, 01:36 AM
South of BC
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Oldb
As a fellow east of the cascades resident I could not agree more. I am very concerned about the carbon initiative that is gathering signatures as we speak. My county will loose its two biggest tax payers as a result. One will go to Idaho.
Actually when I retire Northern Idaho is starting to look pretty darn good.

B
Originally Posted by 52 Merc
Don't do it, James. Keep out of it, James. All right, against all good advice, I'll jump into this mess. I'm not going to defend Californians, but I can't sit by and let them be blamed as a whole. Seattle has always had a bedrock of liberalism, long before Californians showed up with their inflated real estate dollars and drove up property values. I've lived here under two governors, Gregoire was born in Michigan, however raised in Auburn, graduated from UW and Gonzaga. Inslee was born and raised in Seattle, graduated from UW and a law school in Salem, Oregon. Neither have connections to California, rather are natives. If you look at the demographics of California they aren't much different than Washington. Most counties are conservative, however the metropolitan areas of the Bay Area, LA, and San Diego trump the rest of the state, as King, Pierce, and Thurston do here. A common trait of libtards is to live on top of each other, safety in numbers one could reason. So they find trendy places to live, and then live there in such vast numbers they own the surrounding areas. I do, however understand your frustration. Personally, I don't have a problem with people migrating. But if they do, adopt the culture of where they moved to, don't try to shove theirs down the throats of the natives. Okay, I'll end this with a story. I was introduced to a fellow born and raised here. When he heard I was from California he said, "I should go home and get my gun and shoot you." I replied, "I agree." I pulled a .357 out of my back pocket, offered it to him, and said, "Here, use mine." I've fit in pretty good ever since.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
This discussion reminds me of the story of Bristol Motor Speedway. There's a lot of similarities between that and the California dilemma of "If I sell and move away, I'll never be able to return." Bear with me, I'm not totally crazy, just partially. For those of you who follow racing, you'll remember that BMS WAS an awesome track. It sold out for about 20 years straight. They kept adding and adding until it was busting at the seams. 165,000 screaming fans, not an empty seat in the house, cheapest seat was about $85. Ticket prices were off the charts expensive, but all of the season ticket holders just kept taking the abuse, new rules, etc. and kept buying those tickets, simply because we felt like we'd never get a chance to get tickets again. In the meantime, they dumbed down the racing and the track surface and kept adding new racing rules to make the place "nice". They never asked the 165,000 people sitting in the stands. Then one day the economy took a big dip and the dam broke. To make a long story short, the ticket holders have left by the tens of thousands. Last month, they estimated that only about 1/3 of the seats in the grandstands were occupied. Now BMS is practically begging people to return, decreasing the ticket prices, etc. Moral of the story--one of these days, millions of Californians will realize the sun will indeed rise tomorrow if you don't live in California, and if enough people balk at the system, things might get pretty nice for their children someday.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:39 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Calif is just an easy place to take a shot at, in reality the rest of the country is in the same boat. I lived in Illinois for most of my life - the last 6 or 7 governors have gone to jail on fraud. Now we live in KY and it has Mitch- he said his #1 job was to be sure Obama did NOT get reelected. He failed. He and Rand Paul said they would repeal Obama care- they failed - now 500,000 KY residents have insurance that could not afford it before - is that good or bad - I have no idea, it has not been good for my ins needs. Mitch came into office 25-30 years ago broke, now he is worth millions. Tell me he shouldn't be in jail for fraud. Every congressman and senator says they didn't vote for the pay raise they get each year. The law they created says the vote passes if they abstain. They don't pay into Social Security but have a great pension. They don't pay for medical ins but they don't have to use Obama care. Neither one of these things can be reduced or taken away by laws they write. They can benefit from inside information on stocks and not break the law. They give contracts to these same companies they purchased stock in. So what is the main problem --the system is broken. It has to be changed. We - the non voting (I'm guilty) public have to say enough. One idea- if elected to office you get paid a million bucks a year (would end up being cheaper than what we pay them now) - two term max - NO outside income - no family member can work for the govt that did not have the job before you took office. No pension (save some of the million for later in life), same health benefits as mandated by the law we have to use. In other words they are the same as the rest of the public - they get the pay for being a public servant and serving not for being an entitled above the law as#@ole. Just my rants and opinion.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:58 AM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
And the last thing anyone needs is the expat wackjob Californians setting up shop and implementing the same psychosis in relatively sane states.
True words.

Old 05-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 765 Likes on 375 Posts
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger Joe
So please reconsider closing your state borders to me. I'm sorry the wackos have begun to ruin your states, but I believe it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
Hey Joe, Betsy is welcome in Missouri. If you are required to be part of the deal, I guess we will have to deal with that.
Come to my town and you can still say you live in California.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:32 AM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
The same can be said for those that live in NY , Taxes , regulation , but most of all the cold wet weather , Why live in a place that you only have three months of nice weather , three of sometimes nice weather and 6 months of crap . I always wondered why the first settlers did not head south after the first winter . can you think what it was like for pilgrims , or those that settled in Canada .

Old 05-12-2016, 01:02 PM
Mtphammer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eman92082
Yikes! Didn't mean to stir up the friends. Wasn't ranting, just slowly shaking my head.

By the way, outside of the Hollywood propaganda machine, California is mostly Farming and Dairy. Good solid folks.
Gonna raise my hand and agree with this guy. While California has rightfully earned the reputation previously stated, it is unfortunate that no one else has pointed out how much this nation relies on California for its food. HALF: That means 50%, of the U.S. food supply is produced in the Central Valley of California. And on top of that, California is the largest exporter of agriculture products in the world. All by itself. Don't believe me? Check out http://www.myjobdependsonag.com for your proof.
Read some of the articles published there and you'll realize that farmers cannot simply cannot move out of the state and be productive. The land is just too fertile. By the way I am a native and this is my feeling of the state: I love the land and opportunities, but hate the regulations and politics. I'm not a farmer, but am a rancher. Once I get my degree I'm taking my cattle, truck, and guns and getting the heck out of this hotbox. If you've heard "Big City" by Merle Haggard that's exactly how I feel.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:17 PM
HT32BSX115
Logistics Pro
Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by eman92082

Unfortunately, back when it might have been possible to turn it around, FAR too many people were just "shaking their head" (nothing else)

I suspect, that people (who actually work and pay taxes) and business will continue to leave. Leaving behind the unfortunate people and businesses who cannot leave.

They, sadly, will have to "foot" more and more of the "bill" for everyone else receiving "benefits".

Eventually there will be a "breaking point".

Sorry this turned in to "Ca bashing ", .......mainly, I feel sorry for all my family that is still stuck there......I am glad I left when I could.........

Quick Reply: C'mon California...