6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

URGENT: anyone in Minnesota?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 11:24 AM
IHateCommieCars
Logistics Pro
Received 502 Likes on 359 Posts
URGENT: anyone in Minnesota?

Two things: I bought a truck at an auction in St. Cloud, Minnesota and hope to find someone who will go assess whether it will drive back to Texas. It doesn't appear to have anything wrong with it, but I don't want to fly up there without tools, etc. expecting to drive back and have it not run OK. Be glad to pay.

Also trying to find a vehicle storage lot around that area for a few weeks until I can make it up there to pick it up.

Gotta have it off the auction lot by Wednesday. Need to fly up there or tow it to a lot asap.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:06 PM
TooHuge
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey I am in St Cloud Minnesota visiting my brother right now! I'll be here for a couple months. I could take a look at it and maybe find a place to store it.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:35 PM
IHateCommieCars
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by TooHuge
Hey I am in St Cloud Minnesota visiting my brother right now! I'll be here for a couple months. I could take a look at it and maybe find a place to store it.
Thank you, sir. I had to make a plan today and didn't hear from anyone here sooner, so I'm headed that way, arrive Thursday. I'd still like your help finding an inexpensive, but reasonably secure, storage lot in case the truck doesn't run well enough to make it home and I have to put it somewhere while I work on it. The auction is in Avon. Always willing to buy beer or lunch for an FTE brother!

Old 05-02-2016, 10:44 PM
TooHuge
Senior User
Originally Posted by IHateCommieCars
Thank you, sir. I had to make a plan today and didn't hear from anyone here sooner, so I'm headed that way, arrive Thursday. I'd still like your help finding an inexpensive, but reasonably secure, storage lot in case the truck doesn't run well enough to make it home and I have to put it somewhere while I work on it. The auction is in Avon. Always willing to buy beer or lunch for an FTE brother!
Yea no problem. Avon is about 20 minutes from here. Is it a 6.0? I don't know much of anything in Avon, but my brother could drive me up there and I could bring it home. It could just sit in my driveway a couple days if you're going to be here Thursday anyway.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:08 AM
IHateCommieCars
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by TooHuge
Yea no problem. Avon is about 20 minutes from here. Is it a 6.0? I don't know much of anything in Avon, but my brother could drive me up there and I could bring it home. It could just sit in my driveway a couple days if you're going to be here Thursday anyway.
This is prolly too big for most driveways, LOL. I was thinking of storing it up there until the end of the month, if I couldn't find anyone to come up there with me right now to drive it back. It's supposed to run, but I didn't want to fly in Minneapolis, taxi (?) out to Avon, only to find out it doesn't run well enough to make it back. Then, I'd be at the mercy of some local tech, stuck there with no transportation.

But today, a buddy agreed to drive up there with me and drive one of the trucks back. That way, I can take all the tools I could possibly need, or worse case scenario, tow it back.

Still, if it has major issues, I'll possibly need a place to park or the name of a good shop. Here's my new ride - real clean, clear title, 2006 E450 6.0 dually with 122k miles. Very clean from the pics and only normal wear.

Are you from Mn? I wonder how much rust this will have.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:30 AM
TooHuge
Senior User
I grew up in MN, all my family is here. I moved out to California 10 years ago and just came back to visit. Now I might be buying a house, still on the fence as to where I want to be

Anyways, I sent you a PM with my number if you end up needing anything. I have a 3 stall garage and a decent size driveway if you end up needing a spot to wrench. I have air and tools and a scan gauge, but I am sure you do too.

As for the rust... Being an emergency vehicle, it was probably garaged and cleaned and maintained pretty regularly. I don't think it will have much rust, if any.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:40 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
TooHuge- Reps to you brother, members and people like you are what this world needs more off.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:28 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
There are a few of us in MN!

Old 05-03-2016, 09:23 AM
navistarnut
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
There are a few of us in MN!
\
As well as those of us that bought a truck a few miles from your neck of the woods and an original Tousley survivor

IHatecommiecars........I have family around Eden Prarie so if parking is an issue let me know, I might have some access there.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:19 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Ihatecommiecars, I'll be in St Cloud this weekend.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:20 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by navistarnut
\
As well as those of us that bought a truck a few miles from your neck of the woods and an original Tousley survivor

IHatecommiecars........I have family around Eden Prarie so if parking is an issue let me know, I might have some access there.
That reminds me, I need to call Tousley and order a brake controller for the work truck. Sure is nice having them near by

Old 05-04-2016, 01:19 AM
run6.0run
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We are right down the street also if you get halfway. Not too thrilled about the e series,,, lol,, but we should have whatever you might have forgotten if you need something on the drive home.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:34 AM
IHateCommieCars
Logistics Pro
Thanks for all the offers. Heading out from Houston at day break, headed that way. It's great knowing there's help available. Got my fingers crossed that this one drives home easy.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:44 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Hows the Ambulance run??

Old 05-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Restlesswildman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tofan
Hows the Ambulance run??

Not really fast! It doesn't have feet or running shoes!

Quick Reply: URGENT: anyone in Minnesota?