Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Bad experience with Riff Raff?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 06:35 PM
Anthony Polsinelli
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad experience with Riff Raff?

I made a small order from riff raff, a full set of CAC boots in black, a CPS, A 6637 filter, and a fuel filter with 2 day shipping to get there on Friday. Everything was listed as in stock on the website so i did not see an issue. I got a call the next day saying that they were out of the black boots, but could send red or blue. okay can i still get it Friday? No it wont get there till Monday, well that made things difficult, but i got it redirected to a local pickup instead of the house as i wouldnt be there for 2 weeks. I picked it up today and all was there, but My gripe was that after they called and said they would send the red boots, i received blue ones anyways. I have not contacted them yet, but it was rather aggravating to not get it till Monday, then not even get the promised parts. I was planning to do a white black and red color scheme. No where in there does blue fit. I am debating whether to call them and get them to send out the red ones, and return the blue or just keep the blue and say f*** it.

Has anyone had issues with riff raff before?

Old 02-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Lying Larry
Junior User
I have not bought much but it has been a good experience.
Larry

Old 02-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Baatzy
Laughing Gas
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
I have always had good experiences with RiffRaff, again I haven't bought a whole lot from them but I have always had good experiences.

If you can spare the time I would talk to them and see if they are willing to switch out the boots. Probably just an innocent mistake.

Baatzy

Old 02-01-2016, 06:56 PM
Absolute
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I stand by Riffraff. I've had nothing but good from them. I suggest you call them. I am sure they will fix you up and I bet they can ship it to were you went to make up for it. My rings came with some broken, I'm in Canada, and they bent over backwards to get me the replacments at no extra shipping or charge which is rare for international. I bet they will make it up to you. Great People.

Old 02-01-2016, 07:19 PM
weekendwarriorfsw32
Master of Strokes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Always had great luck with them here, but then again everyone messes up at some point. Kinda a non-issue I think, why post about it when a call or email could give you the fix? Just shoot them an email and see how they can fix it for you.

Old 02-01-2016, 07:35 PM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
One thing I can tell you is someone did mess up on an order, ME... But I got a nice call asking if I was sure about a certain part that didn't go with the rest. They were nice enough to catch that I purchased the wrong part, took time to call and confirm. I have ordered a decent amount over the last 8 years or so from them and I can't say they have ever messed up on any of them. Many of us on these forums have met Clay or been to his events and care vouch the effort and car that he puts into Riffraff. Just contact them and I am sure they will squared you away.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:29 PM
varminthunter243
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I too have had nothing but good experiences with riffraff. Even when I have just called or emailed to pick clays brain on issues and general questions about the 7.3 he has been very quick to respond

Old 02-01-2016, 08:31 PM
endobear
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ive made close to a dozen orders from Riffraff.
No issues at all with them. Ive never met Clay but he has helped me out like I knew him.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:44 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,474 Likes on 2,858 Posts
I have spent over $1,000 on parts from RiffRaff/Clay over the past 1.5 years. Even though he is in Oregon, I normally get my parts within 3-4 days. Clay will make things right by his customers any chance he gets.

Give them a call, and leave a message if they don't pick up. They will get back with you quickly and get you straight.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:28 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Anthony Polsinelli
Has anyone had issues with riff raff before?
Not I.

Stewart

Old 02-02-2016, 04:00 AM
cjgray1974
More Turbo
I have ordered quite a bit from Riffraff the last few years. Had twice that some thing was missing from my shipment or something wasn't quite right. Clay always made it right, getting me what i needed ASAP. I have no complaints and will order from him again.

I would call or e-mail him. Give him a chance to make it right.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:09 AM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

Originally Posted by Lying Larry
I have not bought much but it has been a good experience.
Larry

I'm not sure we can trust your opinion Lying Larry.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:12 AM
Whitey Ford
FTE-Spread The Knowledge

Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts
You need a little cheese with that whine? Why not contact them FIRST so Clay can resolve your issue before exercising your first amendment writes. See what I did there, writes (rights)! Rubbish......

Old 02-02-2016, 05:34 AM
Scarmandos
Senior User
No never had a problem. I've ordered quite a bit from RiffRaff. On one order, I accidentally ordered parts for a pre 99.5 7.3 mixed in with other parts for 99.5 - 03. RiffRaff corrected the order before it shipped after confirming via e-mail.
I also don't bother to price hunt any more and go straight to RiffRaff for anything I need because I know I'm getting a good deal, especially on OEM parts.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:49 AM
Anthony Polsinelli
Senior User
Originally Posted by Whitey Ford
You need a little cheese with that whine? Why not contact them FIRST so Clay can resolve your issue before exercising your first amendment writes. See what I did there, writes (rights)! Rubbish......
Im not at all trying to bash them, they clearly have a good rep(why i ordered from them in the first placd) i just thought it was odd to get a call asking if they could send red, then send blue anyways and was wondering if it was somewhat common. It really isnt a big deal. I may call him, i may not. Idk yet. Trying to decide if its worth the wait for a color change.

Quick Reply: Bad experience with Riff Raff?