1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backup camera

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 12:25 PM
Squisher
Laughing Gas
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by madsonp
I know this from experience and reading forums such as this and other car stereo forums. Don't say I didn't warn you. As NooberOx pointed out, he's already having issues with his. There's a lot of truth to the saying "you get what you pay for"
Could you link something up? I must be googling wrong because all I can find is favourable reviews/ experiences for the joying android.

And I would never say you didn't warn me, not to worry.

I'll warn you that in life often it isn't you get what you pay for...otherwise I wouldn't have to do all of my own mechanical work for one.

I dislike the idea of paying more for a ken wood or pioneer with less functionality. I also have zero interest in having a CD player integrated into the head unit.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:32 PM
madsonp
Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Squisher
Could you link something up? I must be googling wrong because all I can find is favourable reviews/ experiences for the joying android.

And I would never say you didn't warn me, not to worry.

I'll warn you that in life often it isn't you get what you pay for...otherwise I wouldn't have to do all of my own mechanical work for one.

I dislike the idea of paying more for a ken wood or pioneer with less functionality. I also have zero interest in having a CD player integrated into the head unit.

Really, did you just miss what nooberOx had to say about his system? Need I say more.

Originally Posted by noober0x

It's the software that has the issues.

Volume **** won't work in certain rare instance when Google maps is navigating. When it's just open, it won't have an issue, but when the lady dims down the music to talk, she has an issue.

The microphone setup is pretty lousy. It's plug and play, yes, but the actual control board and stuff for the mic and input audio is lacking. Have to yell for people to hear me. They say a firmware update in the future will fix this.

In my particular situation the included front view dvr usb camera doesn't focus right. Still working on that. A replacement camera does work (sort of... Need one with manual focus) so just chock this one up to cheap Chinese $2 junk for the camera.

A couple smaller, probably not noticeable quirks here and there that almost never show up.
I've had my latest Pioneer system for two years now and the one before that for 6 years and they've both worked flawlessly as have all my Pioneer systems over many years, the ONLY reason I've ever had to replace a Pioneer system is just to keep up with technology, I still have a Pioneer system from 30 years ago that I could plug in and it would still work as good as new.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:39 PM
noober0x
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I should note it was only the camera that was cheap Chinese. The actual unit's quality is actually very solid. I quite like it. Just a couple of software quirks that the XDA community is already working on and sorting out. I'm not trying to sell or advocate this kind of unit personally. Do your own research and see if it suits your needs. I was just correcting any thoughts and view points and reaffirming what I really meant in my post.

Old 11-20-2015, 11:24 PM
Squisher
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by madsonp
Really, did you just miss what nooberOx had to say about his system? Need I say more.

I've had my latest Pioneer system for two years now and the one before that for 6 years and they've both worked flawlessly as have all my Pioneer systems over many years, the ONLY reason I've ever had to replace a Pioneer system is just to keep up with technology, I still a Pioneer system from 30 years ago that I could plug in and it would still work as good as new.
No offense is meant here man because you obviously have some attachment to this but from what I've researched from a cost vs features standpoint there is no comparison. The android units offer functionality that isn't available on any of the big brands at any price point.

30 years ago? Pics of that tape deck or eight track functioning or it never happened. . My first car deck was a alpine 25 years ago, auto reverse and music sensor. Lol. Even if it still worked, I wouldn't even want it.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:59 AM
Chipworkz
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think name brands mean much anymore. My next unit will likely be the Joying unit as well. The unit needs to RUN on Android and not just be Android Compatible. Saying one unit is better than another simply because of a Brand Name does not make much sense at all when both brands cannot be equally compared on their features. Does saying my Acme AM radio is a better brand \ better unit than your China FM radio make much sense?

I have brand preferences too but when I buy something, it comes down to what is the best item for that purpose and in the price range that I am wanting to spend. A brand name would only come into play as a tie breaker for me.

My two main reasons for moving to the double din unit like this is adding the Backup Camera that is in my new tailgate and to run the Torque app for my gauges.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:02 AM
noober0x
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Just make sure you don't make the same mistake I did. Be sure to run or connect the power wire to both the back up camera and the head unit itself. It seems the head unit needs a power signal to know to turn on and not just "sense" a video feed from the camera.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:25 PM
madsonp
Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Squisher
No offense is meant here man because you obviously have some attachment to this but from what I've researched from a cost vs features standpoint there is no comparison. The android units offer functionality that isn't available on any of the big brands at any price point.

30 years ago? Pics of that tape deck or eight track functioning or it never happened. . My first car deck was a alpine 25 years ago, auto reverse and music sensor. Lol. Even if it still worked, I wouldn't even want it.
Here's the picture you wanted.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:28 PM
Squisher
Laughing Gas
Ha! Can't argue with that.