1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Door jamb light switch bracket....need a little help....

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 05:45 AM
f100today
Posting Guru
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Door jamb light switch bracket....need a little help....

So my truck is missing the brackets in the door jambs that hold the switch for the cab light. I have been watching Ebay but have not seen any lately. Go figure; seems like I always see them. So! Can some one either....

A. Send me the measurement on how high the bracket stands from from where it is bolted to the jamb..... and a picture of the hole where the actual switch goes(need to know if it is slotted).......so I can make them.

Or

B. let me know if you have a couple you would like to let go cheap. PM the price with shipping to 76054 if so.

Thanks,
Tim

Old 11-03-2015, 08:35 AM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am looking at one now and I'll try to find the mate to it. Probably boxed up in my shop attic. Your welcome to this one and I'll try to find the other one

Old 11-03-2015, 12:45 PM
hot-rod
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I vote for plan "a" If anybody could post the measurement and pics, i try to build them by myself . It would be the cheapest way for me to get them.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:26 PM
TeachNlive4ever
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I look too, when I get home. I didn't think these would be that hot of an item. How many of these did we pass up in the junk yards back in the 80's?

Old 11-03-2015, 05:30 PM
f100today
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by TeachNlive4ever
I look too, when I get home. I didn't think these would be that hot of an item. How many of these did we pass up in the junk yards back in the 80's?
Originally Posted by Randle
I am looking at one now and I'll try to find the mate to it. Probably boxed up in my shop attic. Your welcome to this one and I'll try to find the other one
Ok, let me know. Even one would be ok.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:58 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by f100today
So my truck is missing the brackets in the door jambs that hold the switch for the cab light. I have been watching Ebay but have not seen any lately. Go figure; seems like I always see them. So! Can some one either....

A. Send me the measurement on how high the bracket stands from from where it is bolted to the jamb..... and a picture of the hole where the actual switch goes(need to know if it is slotted).......so I can make them.

Or

B. let me know if you have a couple you would like to let go cheap. PM the price with shipping to 76054 if so.

Thanks,
Tim
I think a fancy one out of aluminum would dress that spot up and look kick azz. But the Ford part number was C7TZ13B756A.

Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts

Recently Updated<table class="static info_table"><tbody><tr><td class="label">Part Number:</td><td>C7TZ-13B756-A</td><td></td><td class="label">Seller:</td><td>Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts - View Profile</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="label">Description:</td><td>NOS** COURTESY LAMP SWITCH BRACKET</td><td></td><td class="label">Phone:</td><td id="phone_primary780265">800-476-9653</td></tr><tr><td class="label">Price:</td><td>Request Pricing</td><td></td><td class="label">Email:</td><td>Send Seller Email Inquiry</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="label">Quantity:</td><td>3</td><td></td><td class="label">Location:</td><td>Concord, North Carolina Map & Directions</td></tr><tr><td style="text-align: right; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px;" colspan="5">

</td></tr></tbody></table>

NOS Parts Ltd.

Recently Updated<table class="static info_table"><tbody><tr class="even"><td class="label">Part Number:</td><td>C7TZ13B756A</td><td></td><td class="label">Seller:</td><td>NOS Parts Ltd. - View Profile</td></tr><tr><td class="label">Description:</td><td>BRACKET-COURTESY LAMP SWITCH</td><td></td><td class="label">Phone:</td><td id="phone_primary666801">(972) 937-2201
Tell them you found it on RearCounter.com
</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="label">Price:</td><td>Request Pricing</td><td></td><td class="label">Email:</td><td>Send Seller Email Inquiry</td></tr><tr><td class="label">Quantity:</td><td>1</td><td></td><td class="label">Location:</td><td>Waxahachie, Texas Map & Directions</td></tr><tr class="even"><td style="text-align: right; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px;" colspan="5">

McDonald Obsolete Parts

Recently Updated<table class="static info_table"><tbody><tr><td class="label">Part Number:</td><td>C7TZ-13B756-A</td><td></td><td class="label">Seller:</td><td>McDonald Obsolete Parts - View Profile</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="label">Description:</td><td></td><td></td><td class="label">Phone:</td><td id="phone_primary106241">(812) 359-4965
</td></tr><tr><td class="label">Price:</td><td>Request Pricing</td><td></td><td class="label">Email:</td><td>Send Seller Email Inquiry</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="label">Quantity:</td><td>1</td><td></td><td class="label">Location:</td><td>rockport, Indiana Map & Directions</td></tr><tr><td style="text-align: right; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px;" colspan="5">

Kama Obsolete Parts

<table class="static info_table"><tbody><tr class="even"><td class="label">Part Number:</td><td>C7TZ-13B756-A</td><td></td><td class="label">Seller:</td><td>Kama Obsolete Parts - View Profile</td></tr><tr><td class="label">Description:</td><td>Bracket</td><td></td><td class="label">Phone:</td><td id="phone_primary829301">(763) 434-0123
</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="label">Price:</td><td>Request Pricing</td><td></td><td class="label">Email:</td><td>Send Seller Email Inquiry</td></tr><tr><td class="label">Quantity:</td><td>1</td><td></td><td class="label">Location:</td><td>East Bethel, Minnesota Map & Directions</td></tr><tr class="even"><td style="text-align: right; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px;" colspan="5">

Old 11-03-2015, 06:05 PM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by f100today
Ok, let me know. Even one would be ok.
I didn't find the second one, but if you want this one PM me your address and it will be in the mail tomorrow.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:12 PM
f100today
Posting Guru
I didn't find the second one, but if you want this one PM me your address and it will be in the mail tomorrow.
Thank you Randle. I will PM you. Make sure your full name and address is in that package please.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:28 PM
mrcman58
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I just came across 5 of them in a spare parts box, i am in a good mood today PM your address and i will send you another one, Jess

Old 11-03-2015, 08:42 PM
mrcman58
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by hot-rod
I vote for plan "a" If anybody could post the measurement and pics, i try to build them by myself . It would be the cheapest way for me to get them.
Hot Rod did you need a pair of these also for the 67 -72 ?

Old 11-04-2015, 07:44 AM
TeachNlive4ever
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
f100today, as you know it gets dark sooner here and to be honest, I did look thru the garage and didn't find em and didn't have the giva****atuity to fish around in the dark to look thru the shed.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
I put the bracket in the mail this morning, they say you will have it Saturday. Hope that helps. I will PM you the tracking number.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:36 PM
f100today
Posting Guru
Thanks to all who replied!

Originally Posted by mrcman58
I just came across 5 of them in a spare parts box, i am in a good mood today PM your address and i will send you another one, Jess
I pm'd you and thanks!

I put the bracket in the mail this morning, they say you will have it Saturday. Hope that helps. I will PM you the tracking number.
Thank you Randle!

This place is awesome! Thanks to all.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:41 PM
mrcman58
Posting Guru
F100today, its on the way, priority mail small box,

Old 11-04-2015, 04:59 PM
hot-rod
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrcman58
Hot Rod did you need a pair of these also for the 67 -72 ?

Hi mrcman,

yes, i need a pair. BUT: shipping is SO expesive...that makes no sense. But thanks for the offer

best regards
Dirk

Quick Reply: Door jamb light switch bracket....need a little help....