1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Central Junction Box problems/issues cross reference

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 08:50 PM
IR8NOTCH
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Central Junction Box problems/issues cross reference

Hello all! I am having an issue with my 02 cc/sb 4x4 7.3 f250.

I had fuse 38 melt (not blow) for the trailer running lights a week ago while towing my small enclosed trailer,and have been chasing my tail since.
The problem I am having is the relays are getting extremely hot after driving for 30 minutes or so. This is without fuse 38 being installed,or a trailer connected.
I disassembled the CJB(fuse panel) to take a look and the non serviceable relay that controls the trailer running lights was melted.
I removed the relay thinking it was shorting to ground internally,so I could bypass that circuit and wire up a external relay,but the serviceable relays are still getting hot.
I'm coming to terms that I am going to have to replace the CJB. I'm thinking the heat that went trough it that melted the fuse damaged the connections in the multi-layered box,and didn't do the coils in the relays any favors.
The part# on the CJB is PM2C7T-14A067-AN
I haven't had much luck finding that exact replacement. Does anyone know if its been discontinued? If so,is there a replacement service part?
Im trying to stay away from a used replacement if possible.
Also if anyone has a suggestion on a reputable place to order a replacement,it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for being long winded!
Thanks,Chris

Old 10-14-2015, 06:58 PM
IR8NOTCH
New User
Originally Posted by IR8NOTCH
Hello all! I am having an issue with my 02 cc/sb 4x4 7.3 f250.

I had fuse 38 melt (not blow) for the trailer running lights a week ago while towing my small enclosed trailer,and have been chasing my tail since.
The problem I am having is the relays are getting extremely hot after driving for 30 minutes or so. This is without fuse 38 being installed,or a trailer connected.
I disassembled the CJB(fuse panel) to take a look and the non serviceable relay that controls the trailer running lights was melted.
I removed the relay thinking it was shorting to ground internally,so I could bypass that circuit and wire up a external relay,but the serviceable relays are still getting hot.
I'm coming to terms that I am going to have to replace the CJB. I'm thinking the heat that went trough it that melted the fuse damaged the connections in the multi-layered box,and didn't do the coils in the relays any favors.
The part# on the CJB is PM2C7T-14A067-AN
I haven't had much luck finding that exact replacement. Does anyone know if its been discontinued? If so,is there a replacement service part?
Im trying to stay away from a used replacement if possible.
Also if anyone has a suggestion on a reputable place to order a replacement,it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for being long winded!
Thanks,Chris

Well,I got a used CJB and the pcm relay and Idm relay are still getting hot. No melted fuses this time.
Does anyone know if this is common on these trucks.
I probably would have never been concerned if I didn't have the fuse melt, but a hot relay doesn't seem normal to me.
Someone's had to have a similar issue.
Thanks,Chris

Old 04-11-2017, 01:07 PM
rigbyrigz
Freshman User
DId the used CJB hold up. Having similar issues 2002 F250 fuel pump relay. Trying to find reliable info WHAT substitute CJB part numbers will work. We know last digit is revision and can be diff. digit 2-3 c3 superduty c7 is diff, wonder what they mean for sure anyone find a legend for digit 2-3 of cjb part nbr? ty.