Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Brians truck shop

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 02:39 AM
jgilrfr
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brians truck shop

I am on way back home from Brians Truck Shop and cant beleieve how great this truck is running.I had him tune it and do the transmission.The whole place runs like a well oiled machine and the staff are great.What a pleasure to do business with and all of the hype is well deserved.I had no idea my truck could run like this,I only wish I could have done this sooner.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:36 AM
dn29626
Cargo Master
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Good to hear from a current (10/3/2015), satisfied customer.
What is his address?

Old 10-03-2015, 07:02 AM
Thomas White
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jgilrfr
I am on way back home from Brians Truck Shop and cant beleieve how great this truck is running.I had him tune it and do the transmission.The whole place runs like a well oiled machine and the staff are great.What a pleasure to do business with and all of the hype is well deserved.I had no idea my truck could run like this,I only wish I could have done this sooner.
What did they do? Just tune...

Old 10-03-2015, 09:24 AM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dn29626
Good to hear from a current (10/3/2015), satisfied customer.
What is his address?
I too am curious

Old 10-03-2015, 09:28 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Not everybody knows this, but these rigs (tuned or powered up) can run just like a loud car, but with more room for oomph down low on the throttle. Smooth shifts, conversation in the cab while on the highway (Lariat-style insulation), start in 2 seconds, nice idle (including at the let-off), and smooth acceleration. There are situations where one or several of these are lacking, but the driver may just write it off as "that's the way the truck is". Once the truck is 100%, it is then just a matter of tuning.

Caveat: Once you get over a certain size of injector nozzle, idle and throttle transition suffers. Based on what I've been told by the experts, 200% nozzles are at this threshold.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:06 AM
jgilrfr
Laughing Gas
Brians truck shop(BTS) 14991 industrial park rd,Lead Hill AR.All they did was rebuild the transmission and I got his TS 6 position chip with tunes.It took 4 tries to get to where he wanted.I thought it was great in all tunes on the second burn,but he siad he heard things he didnt like.He is very patient,and he wants it just right before you leave.He does not want a truck leaving his shop with ANY problems.He and his staff Jeremy,Albert etc go over everything and have an ear for these trucks that is outstanding,they heard a vibration i didnt and after a couple minutes narrowed it down to a slightly loose shield on the exhaust.After they tightened it i heard the difference they were talking about.All they do is powerstrokes and boy do they know these trucks

Old 10-03-2015, 10:17 AM
jgilrfr
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Tugly
Not everybody knows this, but these rigs (tuned or powered up) can run just like a loud car, but with more room for oomph down low on the throttle. Smooth shifts, conversation in the cab while on the highway (Lariat-style insulation), start in 2 seconds, nice idle (including at the let-off), and smooth acceleration. There are situations where one or several of these are lacking, but the driver may just right it off as "that's the way the truck is". Once the truck is 100%, it is then just a matter of tuning.

Caveat: Once you get over a certain size of injector nozzle, idle and throttle transition suffers. Based on what I've been told by the experts, 200% nozzles are at this threshold.
Rich this 100% correct and the first thing i said to him on my first time driving(he goes with you)is holy crap at 55 we dont have to scream at each other!I have never been in any other truck but mine and had no idea that this is what it was supposed to be,i thought mine was good just as you siad and thats the way they were.I know what you are seeking in your goal to realy dial this in,tuning is a huge huge difference just HUGE!And now that its running the way it should i see exactly where you are going in regrads to ride quality,and the nuances that can be picked up on in regard to vibration or stiffness.Ill bet in a few days ill be able to pick up on a hard shock bushing or some other minute detail that otherwise would have been drowned out by a poorly tuned chip.Back on the road for me still 16 hours from home and going to stop in nashville to do some sight seeing,and may see if i can find a country bar that sells beer.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:20 AM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Received 457 Likes on 310 Posts
It sounds like you got your money's worth and that is great!

Old 10-03-2015, 10:21 AM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
Back on the road for me still 16 hours from home and going to stop in nashville to do some sight seeing,and may see if i can find a country bar that sells beer.
Nope. Never gonna happen in Nashville. Just give up right now and keep on driving.

Congrats on the results from spending your hard earned money with Brian! If I had more of the green stuff when my tranny just went out, I would have went to him as well.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:45 PM
dn29626
Cargo Master
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
...Brians truck shop(BTS) 14991 industrial park rd,Lead Hill AR...
...All they did was rebuild the transmission...
Talk about an understatement.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:47 PM
jhl3
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rich this 100% correct and the first thing i said to him on my first time driving(he goes with you)is holy crap at 55 we dont have to scream at each other!I have never been in any other truck but mine and had no idea that this is what it was supposed to be,i thought mine was good just as you siad and thats the way they were.I know what you are seeking in your goal to realy dial this in,tuning is a huge huge difference just HUGE!And now that its running the way it should i see exactly where you are going in regrads to ride quality,and the nuances that can be picked up on in regard to vibration or stiffness.Ill bet in a few days ill be able to pick up on a hard shock bushing or some other minute detail that otherwise would have been drowned out by a poorly tuned chip.Back on the road for me still 16 hours from home and going to stop in nashville to do some sight seeing,and may see if i can find a country bar that sells beer.
Congratulations!!!!

Now you know! Thanks for helping to spread the word. "Proper" tuning is critical and HUGE.

Rich helped to lead me out of the quagmire that I was in too!

Old 10-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
I'm glad he helped you out. Now let see some rolling into burn marks with the rear tires! Glad the 180/100's are where you want them.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:38 PM
jhl3
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Give us an update, are you back in NY? How are things?

Old 10-06-2015, 04:43 PM
jgilrfr
Laughing Gas
I am back in NY and the truck is awesome,what a difference the tuning makes the engine runs so smooth,the trans is fantastic the shifting is firm but doesnt bang i just cant believe the difference

Old 10-06-2015, 07:41 PM
crop harvester
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Im a little jealous,I want one of those trannies now after this post maybe tunes as well.

Quick Reply: Brians truck shop