1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid question about mud flaps

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 03:47 PM
Duwop
Mountain Pass
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What's this a pi$$ in match. The dura flaps won't work without some modification " if your going to add inner fender wells at some point" as are the Weathertech flaps but the weather techs would require less modification because they aren't as high into wheel well. My post was only to show the OP that there were options to OEM and that some are not as high priced if the OP was shopping.

I know that some of us own Platinums and it's seems to have gone to some of our heads. Also that some senior users seem to think that their idea is the only way to go. They do this by reposting their positions on subjects over and over as a posed to posting their idea and moving on. This is a form of bullying This thread is a good topic and the more users who offer content as to what they purchased and why as apposed to continuing to imply the OP should buy his type over the other options offered by other users is wrong.

Old 10-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Squisher
Laughing Gas
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I honestly can't quite tell what you're on about or who your comments are directed at? Thread seems pretty chill and informative to me? Is it still a pissing match if you're the only one pissing?

Old 10-05-2015, 07:05 PM
Duwop
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by xr7gt390

The duraflaps go up high in the wheel wheel, plus they do a very good job of blocking the inner fender.

They are big however they don't look big on the truck. I have the smaller rear flaps.
They look ok for your setup but they are not the best flaps for everyone. You have posted three times about your Duraflaps and seem to indicate that they are perhaps the best out there. They are not, if one wants to add inner liners to the rear wells they would have to cut the almost entire top that goes up into the well off. I'm just saying

Old 10-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Duwop
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by Squisher
I honestly can't quite tell what you're on about or who your comments are directed at? Thread seems pretty chill and informative to me? Is it still a pissing match if you're the only one pissing?
It seemed to me that xr7gt390 with all of his posts about his Duraflaps that he thought that his were really the only (best) option for the rest of us. I have quoted him to explain why they are not the best. Seemed to me the OP want to know of and consider all of his possible options. Not to be told or lead by a senior poster that his Duraflaps were the only and best option for flaps. I think we can recommend, suggest what we have experience with without posting multiple times in a single thread saying basically the same thing.

If I hadn't wanted inner liners I think I would have been wanting to find out more about yours. Are they ABS construction. My Weathertech look cheap compared to your. I don't think mine are the best or only option.

Last edited by Duwop; 10-05-2015 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Squisher
Laughing Gas
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Ahh I see now, just wasn't following.

I don't know much on the details of mine. They appear to be of an ABS construction. I actually posted them up in here just to show a different style but also to see if anyone might pipe in and know if they are a certain brand or whatnot, I haven't found any identifying marks on the inner parts and have been beginning to wonder if the actual mudflap and black diamond plate part was just a one off home job by the previous owner? Was hoping someone might ID them in case I ever damage one.

I agree what's best for one isn't best for all, that's the beauty of modding/outfitting trucks.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:53 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 59 Likes on 28 Posts
I copied the wrong thread, here's the right one.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...mud-flaps.html

Last edited by xr7gt390; 10-05-2015 at 09:58 PM. Reason: wrong thread.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:16 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 538 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by xr7gt390

The duraflaps go up high in the wheel wheel, plus they do a very good job of blocking the inner fender.

They are big however they don't look big on the truck. I have the smaller rear flaps.
Thanks for the pics - are they only held on by the two screws?

Nice Platinum, looks spotless. There is a guy in my town in NH who has a black, gas Platinum - he loves it. He did carve up the front air dam to plow with it.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:21 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Thanks everyone for the good info - I don't have the inner liners (too worried about salt and dirt getting stuck above the liner and rusting from there) by my only concern with the Dura-flap is it how it might look against my white truck. It looks fine on the black Platinum. I'll check out everything.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 99 Likes on 84 Posts
Here are some photos of the Ford splash guards installed on my 2015 F350 DRW. Took me about 4 hours to install them. Must of the time was going back and for to the shop to get tools or drill the holes.

I replaced the molded splash guards that I ordered with the truck.

Front p/n CL3Z-16A550-J $58.00
Rear p/n CL3Z-16A550-K $104.00

I opted to not pay an extra $100 to $150 for the bright insert in them.

Front - passenger side similar - Required drilling 2 holes in each fender.

Front

Rear driver's side - Required drilling 3 holes. 2 in the flare and one in the fenderliner

Notice the splash guard covers more of the tire than the molded ones.

Passenger side

Passenger side

Old 10-06-2015, 11:58 AM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by troverman
Thanks for the pics - are they only held on by the two screws?

Nice Platinum, looks spotless. There is a guy in my town in NH who has a black, gas Platinum - he loves it. He did carve up the front air dam to plow with it.
Thanks. I can keep it clean in the summer but once winter rolls along its not as easy.
In addition to the screws, There is also a bracket that mounts on the truck. It mounts into existing holes.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:06 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Just Strokin
Here are some photos of the Ford splash guards installed on my 2015 F350 DRW. Took me about 4 hours to install them. Must of the time was going back and for to the shop to get tools or drill the holes.

I replaced the molded splash guards that I ordered with the truck.

Front p/n CL3Z-16A550-J $58.00
Rear p/n CL3Z-16A550-K $104.00

I opted to not pay an extra $100 to $150 for the bright insert in them.

Front - passenger side similar - Required drilling 2 holes in each fender.

Front

Rear driver's side - Required drilling 3 holes. 2 in the flare and one in the fenderliner

Notice the splash guard covers more of the tire than the molded ones.

Passenger side

Passenger side
Great photos. I really like these Ford flaps, especially with the dark logos. I might get these. A little cheaper for me since I don't have a dually.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:01 AM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by troverman
Great photos. I really like these Ford flaps, especially with the dark logos. I might get these. A little cheaper for me since I don't have a dually.
I like the fact they have a smooth side facing the tire. Less prone to having mud or grass embed in the grooves.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:18 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
The flat Ford flaps are nice. I had them on my 08 F150, they did a good job protecting my truck and trailer.

Old 10-20-2015, 01:53 PM
FDNY13
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Larry,

I Like the look! Did you get them from your local dealer?...or is there an online site for these OEM parts? Also, does anyone have the parts numbers for the 2015 CC SRW? Thanks...

Old 10-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
I ordered from AutoNation Ford use to be Tousley (sp)..they have about the cheapest price on parts even with shipping....

AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake | Parts & Accessories

You can go to Ford Accessories for the part numbers. I believe the SRW can use the front flap on the back also.

Ford Accessories | The Official Site for Ford Accessories | Customize Your Ford

Quick Reply: Stupid question about mud flaps