Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Diesel Data Dump

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 10:56 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Yeah... stock is the good stuff. Once you've modded past a certain point, then you're hunting for data on a truck just like yours.

Old 02-14-2016, 10:57 AM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am glad to see this thread didn't die I was alittle afraid to even post on this thread. Because I felt like I was poking a sleep bear.
I deeply appreciate all the hard work you guys are putting into this project. Thank you !
I am sorry I am zero help since I am clueless when it comes to computer stuff. Heck I haven't even figured out how to set up my Torque Pro. But I know the importance of compiling data to draw a baseline and troubleshoot things.
Originally Posted by white Buffalo
Stock data is the most important to start with. Wether troubleshooting or evaluating performance gains it always starts with a stock comparison. The more stock data the better......…
This statement just drives home the point that I think is over looked by some. Having a solid baseline is a must !! I myself have been putting off getting tunes for many years since I still don't have Blackie at 100% with stock tunes. But I think I'm close so now if I can gather data and compare to know Good data I'll know I am "Good to Go" as far as getting some tunes.

Originally Posted by Tugly
Yeah... stock is the good stuff. Once you've modded past a certain point, then you're hunting for data on a truck just like yours.
Very good point. I agree with you when you touched on leaving the tuners name out of it. But knowing what data with Tuner X @ towing tune or Tuner Y @ 60 eco would be a helpful to compare. So couldn't you have someone unbiase enter the tuner as Tuner A and the tune by instead of HP using towing, street, Hot and Race or something like that to keep from the mud slinging. He must be sworn to never tell.

Once again I concur with you that this would NOT even be an issue if a truck owner knew for FACT that his or her truck was at 100% before they go and blame it all on the tuner. It really rubs me the wrong way when a guy has a truck with issues and he thinks a tuner is going to make things better! Then when it makes things worse he blames the tuner!!
It makes me want to say to them:
"Get you crap at 100% before you go blaming someone else!! It is your responsibly to have your truck working correctly !!"

Bottom line is you are right that you can't gave out the tuners name.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:39 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
In regard to knowing who the tuners are, there are three of us with that info. What the three of us are also learning is it doesn't matter whether it's tuner T, M, J, or B... everything unravels at a specific HP threshold. Saying that, there are also tuners that can't seem to manage a 40 HP tune without melting manifolds.