The parts wanted thread. - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

The parts wanted thread.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:39 PM
New User

dpromods is starting off with a positive reputation.
c6 clutch disk

Need two front friction clutch disk for a c6

Thanks.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:32 AM
Posting Guru

Country_boy_2007 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I know this is a long shot but here goes anyway.
I am looking for a gear venders Underdrive transmission or a us gear underdrive.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:03 PM
New User

94_IDI_turbo-K is starting off with a positive reputation.
Most Needed: high pressure supply line?
(obsolete) part # F4TZ-9J323-A?
*located up top of engine from ?fuel pump? to injector #? (newb :/ )
^^^ front - center to driver's side
parts guy at local dealer knew exactly what it was, but failed to tell me what it was exactly except that it was an obsolete part and none of the "local" vendors carried it...
currently spitting fuel all over engine : (
my question: is there a part/hose/line i can use until i get the "one" that's meant for it?

Thanks,
IDI in WI
Old 07-02-2015, 05:09 AM
Senior User

rangernut09011980 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94_IDI_turbo-K View Post
Most Needed: high pressure supply line?
(obsolete) part # F4TZ-9J323-A?
*located up top of engine from ?fuel pump? to injector #? (newb :/ )
^^^ front - center to driver's side
parts guy at local dealer knew exactly what it was, but failed to tell me what it was exactly except that it was an obsolete part and none of the "local" vendors carried it...
currently spitting fuel all over engine : (
my question: is there a part/hose/line i can use until i get the "one" that's meant for it?

Thanks,
IDI in WI

Contact your local Navistar/ International parts department these engines were used in everything from school busses to the International S series and God only knows what else. I have found, on anything engine specific, this is what I end up doing.

Remember these engines were supplied to Ford not built by them and the supplier likely still has parts due to the overwhelming amount of these engines still being on the road in various capacities. You may even be able to get the parts thru Jasper Engines.

Rigging up a temporary is out of the question. They are all the exact same length, (something to do with the fuel pulse?) and from what I understand the pressures generated by the injection pump far exceed anything even braided hydraulic hose will handle.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:31 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG-n-Tn View Post
Need the piece that the fuel filter screws on to. Don't need the bracket. Mine is leaking where the plastic (water in fuel?) sensor plug is. Other years should fit. Or, a recommended repair if there is one.
Your local Navistar dealer should have a rebuild kit available fit this or even a new replacement. Just bring in your old 1. It is all orings in it that seal it with the exception of the fuel heater that is molded in the plastic. I rebuilt mine for a pretty cheap price then ended up replacing it due to a hairline Crack I missed of the fuel heater plug hole.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:04 PM
New User

94_IDI_turbo-K is starting off with a positive reputation.
Much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangernut09011980 View Post
Contact your local Navistar/ International parts department these engines were used in everything from school busses to the International S series and God only knows what else. I have found, on anything engine specific, this is what I end up doing.

Remember these engines were supplied to Ford not built by them and the supplier likely still has parts due to the overwhelming amount of these engines still being on the road in various capacities. You may even be able to get the parts thru Jasper Engines.

Rigging up a temporary is out of the question. They are all the exact same length, (something to do with the fuel pulse?) and from what I understand the pressures generated by the injection pump far exceed anything even braided hydraulic hose will handle.

Hope this helps.

@ rangernut09011980 Thanks, that info has been recorded for future reference for sure! i ended up getting a high pressure line that fit the one (smaller) end, and finally got it twisted on today. looking at the original part/hose just boggles my mind and will be looking for the correct part soon has i get settled in = currently moving... Much appreciated, and hope ya having a great holiday weekend, Cheers
Old 07-12-2015, 05:55 PM
Senior User

charleswood6969 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Free 6.9

Anybody want a free 6.9? Needs rebuilding. Had a coolant leak on the right side head gasket. Found a replacement engine, so no longer needed or can store. Missing oil cooler, missing glow plugs, missing injectors. FI pump included, but shot. Running when taken out, but had low (20 psi) oil pressure.
Needs gone ASAP. Free, but you might have to slip a forklift operator a $20 to load. In Des Moines, Iowa, very close to the northeast I-35/80 mixmaster.

Again, this needs to go ASAP.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:55 PM
Freshman User

Papa_Smurf is starting off with a positive reputation.
VRV

I need a VRV for a 7.3 IDI.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Smurf View Post
I need a VRV for a 7.3 IDI.

I have had my truck since 06 and it has a 7.3 idi......what is a VRV?
Old 08-03-2015, 05:59 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
Vacuum Regulator Valve
mounts on the driver side of the injector pump hooked to the throttle shaft, and controls the amount of vacuum that is sent to the transmission vacuum modulator on a C-6 trans to control shift points.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:13 PM
Postmaster

RacinNdrummin is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RacinNdrummin is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
These are becoming a hot commodity... I will keep my eyes out at the yards and pull every one I can find...
Old 08-04-2015, 07:49 AM
Posting Guru

Ford F834 has a very good reputation on FTE.Ford F834 has a very good reputation on FTE.Ford F834 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinNdrummin View Post
These are becoming a hot commodity... I will keep my eyes out at the yards and pull every one I can find...
I had no idea... I will do the same since I do see them from time to time. But I am seeing a lot fewer IDI's in the junkyards since the price of scrap fell from $220/ton to $50/ton.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:43 AM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinNdrummin View Post
sure are. last one i saw sell on evilbay went for over $150 new.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:45 PM
Postmaster

RacinNdrummin is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.RacinNdrummin is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford F834 View Post
I had no idea... I will do the same since I do see them from time to time. But I am seeing a lot fewer IDI's in the junkyards since the price of scrap fell from $220/ton to $50/ton.

Same here, and its two pronged, people are keeping their IDI's now, and that's representative of the price for complete vehicles going up a lot. Trucks that would have sold for $1000 2 years ago are now $3000.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:58 PM
i ain't rite

i think i am going to hold on to the 88 for a few more years, then sell it for enough to buy a new 6.7 powered F-350