Looking for a 1/2 ton

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 11:10 PM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Those cl trucks look pretty pricey to me. For 6500, I better be able to drive it home.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:31 PM
SStans
Tuned
Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
Not exactly running, but lots of patina. Can e-mail more pictures/info.
Stan. ............

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...rd-pickup.html

Old 01-17-2015, 11:02 AM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been following thread since I want to buy a '46-'47 with original patina unmolested by man, a true barn find. All matching parts, paint, patina and rust. I want it to be true survivor and I will get her up and running. And I keep running into someone wanting to much money or some guy ruined it by fixing something or replacing panels!

I am jealous of some of you guys that live where you can find some of these choice clean barn finds or survivors. I live in the arm pit of the nation and there is nothing worth having within a 1000 miles of me. That and I would like to say I am learning so much about these old trucks from you guys and I really dig your trucks !!

So I'll keep saving my pennies and think about maybe selling something so that I can come up with the cash it is going to take to get a true survivor.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:19 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
I have friends who NEVER sell anything. I don't make enough money to just stack them up. I ALWAYS sell one of my trucks when I see something I want. I never have things painted or rechromed or any of that. I have parts and parts trucks and I don't fall into the trap of spending more than the vehicle will be worth. Now if you count my TIME, that is a different story. I like original survivors myself...

Attached Images  
Old 01-17-2015, 11:21 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Many times I have read about someone searching high and low for a certain truck or whatchamacallit without any luck, then they stumble onto one just down the road. You better check closer!

Old 01-26-2015, 10:09 AM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GB SISSON
I have friends who NEVER sell anything. I don't make enough money to just stack them up. I ALWAYS sell one of my trucks when I see something I want. I never have things painted or rechromed or any of that. I have parts and parts trucks and I don't fall into the trap of spending more than the vehicle will be worth. Now if you count my TIME, that is a different story. I like original survivors myself...
That is a GREAT collection of Surviors you have there !! And from the photo of where you live you would never know it is 2015. It is like throw back in time. I love it !! It took 70 yrs to get that look , how cool is that.

Mind you I spent over 25 yrs working in body shops and that is why I don't want one that has never been touched by human hands. What I mean is I have a skill set that if I wanted and had the cash I could make even a piece of crap a show truck. I am retired now and I want a truck that shows it's age and I'll make it run and drive again. Mind you I have one more build left in me and that will be for my little girl. So when the time comes I will build her a BadA** Resto/Mod that will make all the boys jealous.

Originally Posted by Tedster9
Many times I have read about someone searching high and low for a certain truck or whatchamacallit without any luck, then they stumble onto one just down the road. You better check closer!
I have checked high and low but here in the rust belt they are all dead or some guy wants WAY too much money. I like the one Stan has for sale but he is 1200 miles from me. But I will keep looking besides the longer it takes me the picky I become.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:46 PM
Matther777
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went out looking yesterday and found a 42 1 1/12 ton Chevy. I know.... Wrong forum but I am debating it cause it is straight and has an original dump bed that still works off the PTO. The guy was very knowledgeable. He said he finds old Thors and Excelsiors. He also had a 1/2 ton Chevy but completely clean. Had all that green patina. My point, Just start looking and speak to the owners you never know what else they have.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:45 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
And you can get something shipped from the desert or wheat country for about a grand. If it doesn't have to run, you can tell a lot from about 20 close up photos and with your experience you know where to ask him to point his camera. I have bought 3 nice inoperable trucks this way over many years and haven't been burned (yet). Awaiting my fourth. Time will tell on that one. Good luck, and keep in mind a lot of guys spend a grand on getting a grille rechromed or a set of huge shiny rims.

Old 02-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Matther777
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After a lot of searching I was able to find not 1 but 3 halftons. They are in great shape too.

I am thinking of re painting one to be what my 1 1/2 ton will be in the future. Main reason for getting them.