New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!

Reezy here again

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 04:14 AM
Reezy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Reezy here again

Hi guys, its Reezy again. I suppose waiting for a reply wasn't the right move huh, should've just went ahead with the questions. Ok I have a 1996 Bronco, and this time last year, it was parked up, hasn't been driven since, just cranked and moved a very short distance a time or two. Nothing wrong with it at the time it was parked. The other day I decided to sale it, put a good battery on it and it fired right up, sounded good. Young unknowledgeable young man was buying it, drove it home then called me later on that night and said another young friend of his said the transmission was going out on it. I ask what made him think this as there had never been any trouble with the transmission before. He said it was shaking. I told him I wanted no one working on it at all, we'd get a second opinion, He took it to a fellow the next day that just looked at what it was doing and he said it could be the torque converter. I googled "symptoms of a torque converter going bad" and it told me that it would have some shaking, but it also had a lot of other symptoms listed. He brought it back and I went out and cranked it myself. I felt no shaking at all, I pulled it down in gear and still felt nothing. Went through all gears and still nothing. I haven't driven it yet but several people have said that maybe the fluid has just thickened while it has been sitting and just has it off balance, while some has said the fluid might just be low. My question is, is there a way I can know if its actually going bad, or if it could be just a simple fix? All answers welcomed and appreciated.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:45 PM
r___r
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Reezy.

There could have been someone on here that has posted the same issues before here.
Here's a few things you could do to help find your answers.

There's a search tab above. You could find your answer there.

There's a transmission section with some very knowledgeable transmission fellas here. You could post your question there.

Or, there's a forum on here for your bronco. Just go to the forums tab in the black stripe above.

Good luck with your search,