Sponsored by:

$3500 X in DC...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 08:06 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
$3500 X in DC...

I've been talking to the guy and I might go pick it up tomorrow, but want to get your opinions on it first...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Excursion-Limited-Sport-Utility-4-Door/251719121698?_trksid=p2050601.c100270.m3465&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140813115946%26meid%3Da782abdc30da404eb9e1d5dd48cb593d%26pid%3D100270%26prg%3D20140813115946%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D251719121698%26clkid%3D2055333026342543483&_qi=RTM1963929

If I get this I think I'm done for a few years. I can send my SCT programer off and get it re-programed for the 6.8, I can swap my wheels over, and swap my interior over and I should have a good truck. The only thing I'll be missing is the y-pipe mod and my rear barn door mod but I really want to do those over anyway. I'll more than likely swap the front ends over too and then sell my X off for $3500 to break even and basically move up to the 4X4 6.8. I know I said I wasn't going to do it but I think this will be better than me waiting a year or 2 to be in a better financial place to get a 6.0 plus this way I can see if I like the 6.8 and I might just stay with it

Old 11-19-2014, 08:23 AM
M992wd
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy miles Batman...how many are on your ex?

Old 11-19-2014, 08:29 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
100k... but 5.4 and 2wd so sadness all around

Old 11-19-2014, 09:16 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Bank approved me for 5k and can have the check to me on Friday if I can get all his info by COB today. Only asking for 4k though so I will have $500 for anything small it might need right off. Half tempted to get the full 5k and buy the iron cross front bumper I want and leave the 05 swap on my X and sell it as is lol.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:26 AM
M992wd
Senior User
I say keep your truck and save up for what you really want... 150k more miles than your 5.4 doesn't seem like a good idea to me. What happens if you buy it, sell your truck, then it starts popping spark plugs and needs a trans?

Sure a bit more torque (if it's still there) and a transfer case would be nice...but have you ever actually been stuck in your ex?

Old 11-19-2014, 09:35 AM
stpete
Senior User
Ugghhh, 12 years and 265K miles in NY. From experience, I am biased against northern vehicles (especially PA, NJ, NY). Combo of winter salt and bad roads beat the crap out of them. The last 10 years I have started to shop down south and bring them up to the DC area to destroy them myself My father in law always wants to go car shopping with me when I visit them in FLA. Sheesh, buy two cars in two trips and he thinks I'll buy one every time.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:39 AM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Bank approved me for 5k and can have the check to me on Friday if I can get all his info by COB today. Only asking for 4k though so I will have $500 for anything small it might need right off. Half tempted to get the full 5k and buy the iron cross front bumper I want and leave the 05 swap on my X and sell it as is lol.
STOP. IT. Look at your own ****ing avatar and heed it's advice. So what, you don't like your truck. But you do like your truck, you just want - keyword, WANT, a different one.

I just watched you fly off handle over a misunderstanding about a $10 tool and not being well off financially and yet here you are jumping the gun yet again on yet another rig that is once again NOT what you want. Knock it the **** off and pull your head out of your ***. You know your rig, you know it's reliable. You really want to start all over on that with a completely new vehicle? What happens if you can't sell your rig? What happens if the V10 one ****s out after you get it? I've been beyond broke living out of my Jeep after my ex left me on deployment and sold everything I had, emptied the bank, and closed the lease. I came home to literally nothing but nearly $74000 of debt. You saying you're having a hard time making ends meet, then posting up yet another thread about you about to rush off to buy something that you don't need NOR do you want..... Rubs me the wrong way and I'm not staying quiet this time. Stop it.

You went from wanting our advice on something you were considering, all the way full swing to ready to buy it tomorrow if you can get the guy's information by COB. You've called the bank already and have been approved. From wanting advice to ready to buy it in 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES. SLOW YOUR ****ING ROLL. It's got 265,000 miles on it! I would hesitate to run out and buy a DIESEL at that mileage, and you're going to get a gasser? Have you lost your ******* ******* mind?!

I'm sorry to be an *******, but this isn't the first thread you've started after finding something a little (and sometimes it's very, very little) bit better than your current X, and seem ready to sprint across glass to get it, chomping at the bit. And by the end of the thread what happens? You realize it's a mistake and you should just hold out for your 6.0 4x4.

I'll save you from yourself if I have to beat you unconscious with a mother****ing cantaloupe rind and drag you off to the woods and chain you up with razor wire.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:58 AM
M992wd
Senior User
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt

STOP. IT. Look at your own ****ing avatar and heed it's advice. So what, you don't like your truck. But you do like your truck, you just want - keyword, WANT, a different one.

I just watched you fly off handle over a misunderstanding about a $10 tool and not being well off financially and yet here you are jumping the gun yet again on yet another rig that is once again NOT what you want. Knock it the **** off and pull your head out of your ***. You know your rig, you know it's reliable. You really want to start all over on that with a completely new vehicle? What happens if you can't sell your rig? What happens if the V10 one ****s out after you get it? I've been beyond broke living out of my Jeep after my ex left me on deployment and sold everything I had, emptied the bank, and closed the lease. I came home to literally nothing but nearly $74000 of debt. You saying you're having a hard time making ends meet, then posting up yet another thread about you about to rush off to buy something that you don't need NOR do you want..... Rubs me the wrong way and I'm not staying quiet this time. Stop it.

You went from wanting our advice on something you were considering, all the way full swing to ready to buy it tomorrow if you can get the guy's information by COB. You've called the bank already and have been approved. From wanting advice to ready to buy it in 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES. SLOW YOUR ****ING ROLL. It's got 265,000 miles on it! I would hesitate to run out and buy a DIESEL at that mileage, and you're going to get a gasser? Have you lost your ******* ******* mind?!

I'm sorry to be an *******, but this isn't the first thread you've started after finding something a little (and sometimes it's very, very little) bit better than your current X, and seem ready to sprint across glass to get it, chomping at the bit. And by the end of the thread what happens? You realize it's a mistake and you should just hold out for your 6.0 4x4.

I'll save you from yourself if I have to beat you unconscious with a mother****ing cantaloupe rind and drag you off to the woods and chain you up with razor wire.
Slow clap...

Old 11-19-2014, 10:14 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver

Reps sent...

Old 11-19-2014, 10:20 AM
M992wd
Senior User
Also, why the hell are you taking a loan for $5k? Save your money and don't throw it away paying interest.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:27 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
What happens if you can't sell your rig? What happens if the V10 one ****s out after you get it?

Wife would kill me. Our agreement when I bought the first X was I would sell my Blazer... It's been several years now and it's still up for sale

You saying you're having a hard time making ends meet, then posting up yet another thread about you about to rush off to buy something that you don't need NOR do you want..... Rubs me the wrong way and I'm not staying quiet this time. Stop it.

I'm being pulled in 1000 different directions financially and the truck comes last. The only time I get anything is if I put my foot down or something breaks and we have no choice. Sometimes she lets me have things (like the side steps) and then at the last minute she talks me out of them. I've been wanting to see about a loan anyway, this had nothing to do with this truck in particular, it was just the timing is all.

It's got 265,000 miles on it! I would hesitate to run out and buy a DIESEL at that mileage, and you're going to get a gasser? Have you lost your ******* ******* mind?!

Apparently. This is why I'm posting this up here. Now everyone (well no one else needs to now) can tell me it's a bad idea and to leave it the hell alone.

I don't think you're an *******, in fact I really really really appreciate the honesty. I made that avatar so I wouldn't forget my goal and I look at it every time I post and yet I see this piece of **** and think to myself "I can put some lipstick on this pig!". I was more excited about posting up that I had a 4X4 V-10 than I was about owning one. I love my rig and need to wait, it's just hard sometimes. This is nothing that I want other than 4X4. Nothing. Thank you Matt, honestly.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by M992wd
Also, why the hell are you taking a loan for $5k? Save your money and don't throw it away paying interest.
Wasn't, I was taking out one for 4k. I was just saying I was approved for 5k. Now that I think about it and knowing that my wife would hate this thing I have a much MUCH better idea. The 5k was me alone, without her on it. Like I said, I was just checking to see what I could get approved for, not so much to see about this truck, it was more just "bad timing". If we both take out the loan we should be able to get around 13-14k and I can start looking for a nice EB X. Matt, once again for putting this thing to bed

Old 11-19-2014, 10:39 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
When I was 17 my dad was so stupid I could barely stand to keep the old guy around, but he really smartened up when I got older. One of the things he said was "never borrow money to buy a depreciating asset". A car or truck is a great way to do this. Save your money first, then write a check or pay cash.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:59 AM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

thank you for saving me from typing anything

Old 11-19-2014, 11:31 AM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Apocalypse the Mighty Impatient One, calm thyself and good things will come with patience my child
I don't think you're an *******, in fact I really really really appreciate the honesty. I made that avatar so I wouldn't forget my goal and I look at it every time I post and yet I see this piece of **** and think to myself "I can put some lipstick on this pig!". I was more excited about posting up that I had a 4X4 V-10 than I was about owning one. I love my rig and need to wait, it's just hard sometimes. This is nothing that I want other than 4X4. Nothing. Thank you Matt, honestly.
Glad I could help out, its what we're here for. Even if you are the little brother of the family

Quick Reply: $3500 X in DC...