1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Single cab storage solutions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 07:09 PM
arazu
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Single cab storage solutions?

I have an '81 F250 with bench seats and there is nowhere to put anything I need handy. Center consoles are out both because my navigator likes to sit there and the shift lever is actually over the seat in 2nd and 4th. The glove box is tiny. There is a little open pocket but I might as well throw things on the floor because that's where they land when the fall out.

I was wondering what everyone else is doing.

Old 11-13-2014, 08:00 PM
FordPUMan
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Years ago I had something similar to this back when I had my '84.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-Pocket-Truck-Cab-Organizer-Storage-Car-Auto-Behind-Seat-Accessories-19822-/191372111858?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c8eaaaff2

Old 11-13-2014, 08:51 PM
Nothing Special
Logistics Pro
Received 50 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by FordPUMan
I had pretty much the same thing in my '85. It helps quite a bit for stuff you want to keep organized, safe and dry, but it doesn't keep it handy.

Another thing I still use now, even in my Crew Cab, is a Rubber-Made Action Packer in the bed. It keeps the jack, tow strap, jumper cables, receiver draw bar, etc., etc. organized and dry. It also keeps it all handy in one place for a thief to take, but it hasn't disappeared yet (although I usually have it sort of out of sight under a topper)

Old 11-13-2014, 09:46 PM
arazu
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by FordPUMan

Multi Pocket Truck Cab Organizer Storage Car Auto Behind Seat Accessories 19822 | eBay
While what you linked to is a nice item it's not really what I'm looking for. I want something to hold cell phone, wallet, pens, gloves, etc. where I can reach them easily.

I need to do some thinking because I also need to leave room for a brake controller and a CB. It's a while down the road but I also need to leave room for toggle switches for extra lights and rear rocket launchers.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Rusty_S
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by arazu
While what you linked to is a nice item it's not really what I'm looking for. I want something to hold cell phone, wallet, pens, gloves, etc. where I can reach them easily.

I need to do some thinking because I also need to leave room for a brake controller and a CB. It's a while down the road but I also need to leave room for toggle switches for extra lights and rear rocket launchers.
LMC sells a overhead storage shelf that mounts where your sun visors mount at across the width of the cab roof and you mount your sun visors to that. I thought of getting that at one time but I dont think I would like it in the end.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:16 AM
arazu
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by Rusty_S
LMC sells a overhead storage shelf that mounts where your sun visors mount at across the width of the cab roof and you mount your sun visors to that. I thought of getting that at one time but I dont think I would like it in the end.
I'm tall so it would have to be low profile. I was searching their website with no luck. I'm just going to wait for my catalog to arrive. It should be any day now.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:36 AM
bill06447
Senior User
Grab the behind-the-cab "spice rack" from a first-generation Dodge. Plenty in junkyards and pretty much all the trucks had them. ~Bill

Old 11-14-2014, 09:23 AM
DesertZuki
Senior User
...I want something to hold cell phone, wallet, pens, gloves, etc. where I can reach them easily...
How about a seat cover with pockets in the front? It's been a while since I shopped for one, but I remember bench seat covers having a rifle scabbard in front and some having pockets in front; some both.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Rusty_S
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts
I'm tall so it would have to be low profile. I was searching their website with no luck. I'm just going to wait for my catalog to arrive. It should be any day now.
bottom of the page here.

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

Old 11-14-2014, 01:27 PM
arazu
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by DesertZuki
How about a seat cover with pockets in the front? It's been a while since I shopped for one, but I remember bench seat covers having a rifle scabbard in front and some having pockets in front; some both.
Excellent idea. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Rusty_S
bottom of the page here.

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories
Thanks for the link. It's nice but not what I'm looking for.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:00 PM
FordPUMan
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I forgot about those. I had both. They were saddle blanket style covers. The one with both was real handy.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:27 PM
kevin206
Senior User
I have one of those overhead shelves. It works okay, but I could make something better...stuff falls of the back and slides side to side.

I have some pockets screwed to my door bottoms. They came from a discount store of some sort several years ago.

I have long legs, so I can store something shoebox sized right in front of my seat and it not be in the way.

I have seen overhead consoles designed to hold a radio or CB. I've thought of mounting something like that on top of my dash where the center speaker is. I keep a notebook and a few pencils in that spot right now.

Old 11-15-2014, 10:22 AM
DesertZuki
Senior User
Originally Posted by kevin206
...I have seen overhead consoles designed to hold a radio or CB. I've thought of mounting something like that on top of my dash where the center speaker is. I keep a notebook and a few pencils in that spot right now.
Laughing... I'd just about have to unbuckle to reach that part of the dash

Old 11-15-2014, 03:06 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Laughing... I'd just about have to unbuckle to reach that part of the dash
I can reach the speaker portion of the dash while sitting back in the seat lol.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:24 PM
xseth224
Freshman User
Since I'm pretty short I have my seat all the way up, and I have a toolbox I throw all my stuff in and it fits behind the seat. Could look into that. Another thing I do, is put my fluids (Brake, oil, trans, etc) down in the cab corners.

Quick Reply: Single cab storage solutions?