Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford F150 1997 in Brasil

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 08:51 PM
raystankewitz
Posting Guru

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
I have an F250 4x4 7.5L displacement gasoline engine.

It has a very clean/straight body but the big v8 seems to devalue the worth of the truck. Most would prefer a diesel Powerstroke instead.

I like your Bazilian trucks. It would be fun to put a Brazilian grille in a US truck, just to make people look at it, wondering where it came from.

Ray

Old 10-05-2014, 09:56 PM
FtruckBrasil
Tuned
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by raystankewitz
I have an F250 4x4 7.5L displacement gasoline engine.

It has a very clean/straight body but the big v8 seems to devalue the worth of the truck. Most would prefer a diesel Powerstroke instead.

I like your Bazilian trucks. It would be fun to put a Brazilian grille in a US truck, just to make people look at it, wondering where it came from.

Ray

a short time a man asked my friend to send him to the front of the Brazilian fserie. I believe he has succeeded!

here the gasoline trucks also are less valued.

only one model that is different to the other front are equal Americanas changing engines and gearboxes, has many equal parts

also have really cool side stickers!

and iron wheels with beautiful designs!

the model that is different is this:

I can get the grid to the front of you, just do not know how to send to other country!

Old 10-05-2014, 10:18 PM
FtruckBrasil
Tuned
these are the parts that need:

and if you want the side lanes, has several colors!

Old 10-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Island Time
Laughing Gas

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It's really interesting seeing the differences in the truck. In a sense, it's like humans. We're all essectially the same but with regional differences in our construction.

The steel wheels are great looking!

Old 10-08-2014, 07:13 PM
FtruckBrasil
Tuned
hello everyone, I was looking on ebay one board ruuning ford bronco

I found several with rusty brackets, why is that?

I saw cars that are not very old, but already rusty, because this happens?

Old 10-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Fastback460
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FtruckBrasil
hello everyone, I was looking on ebay one board ruuning ford bronco

I found several with rusty brackets, why is that?

I saw cars that are not very old, but already rusty, because this happens?
Rust is a huge problem for the U.S. for States that get very cold in the winter. We put salt on the roads to keep ice and snow off of them, which makes our vehicles rust much quicker.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:04 PM
FtruckBrasil
Tuned
Originally Posted by Fastback460
Rust is a huge problem for the U.S. for States that get very cold in the winter. We put salt on the roads to keep ice and snow off of them, which makes our vehicles rust much quicker.

understand! and even with treatment in the paint, the car rusts equal!

here only in the cities near the sea, which creates quite ferrugen in cars!

almost everywhere in the U.S. it snows?

in the state where I live is the coldest place in Brazil in the winter, ums cities rarely reaches snowing few times a year, for us we do not know the snow think the snow is beautiful, but then in their country should snowing and very should give much bother!

Here the problems are only from the cold in diesel engines because it is hard to make the engine run after a night of intense cold, and the majority has no heater.

but to compensate for the summer is terrible of hot!

I am looking for running boards Bronco to buy eddie bauer liked the original!

Tomorrow I want to show a 1985 f1000 I have, to exchange ideas of parts to buy!

hug and see you soon!

Old 10-09-2014, 07:21 AM
Puddy
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Looking good! Glad you made another survive!

Old 10-09-2014, 07:43 AM
FtruckBrasil
Tuned
Originally Posted by Puddy
Looking good! Glad you made another survive!
thank you

here has many series F in excellent condition! and are well valued today they cost more than when they left the factory!

Old 10-09-2014, 09:54 AM
dixie460
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey ftruck, the pictures of the changes you made to your F-series looked good. I like the reinforcement you added to the front of the chassis on your F1000.

To answer your question about the powerstroke, here in the US there are several versions of the PSD (PowerStroke Diesel), but just about everyone considers the original 7.3L turbo model to be the most reliable. Now there was a 7.3L (non turbo) diesel before the 7.3 PSD, but it did NOT get called a powerstroke, was not turbo, and didn't share any parts with the PSD that came after it.

After the 7.3L came the 6.0L. These had problems with cylinder heads and I believe some electrical issues as well, and after a few years they were replaced with a 6.4L Powerstroke. The 6.4 PSD had a few features not seen before, such as dual turbos and additional pollution control equipment such as a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) due to emission laws here in the US.

Later on, Ford decided to build their own diesel (all previous PSD engines were made by International/Navistar) so they came out with the 6.7L powerstroke, which is the current model.

Yeah there are plenty of people who still love (admire) their F-Series trucks here. The ones you see in good condition that go to scrap are usually disposed of because a major component has failed. For an older truck, a blown engine or transmission, or frame/body damage, can sometimes mean the end of a truck's life here in the US, but not always. And when one does get scrapped, it ends up at a scrapyard where people can take it's parts and use them to repair their own trucks.

New trucks here are NOT getting any cheaper, that's for sure! But many people choose to take out a loan (usually thru the dealer's financing plan) to pay off a new vehicle over time.

Hope that helped answer some of your previous questions. Thank you for sharing information and pictures, it's really interesting to see what y'all have in other countries!

Old 10-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Evan_P
Cargo Master
Received 106 Likes on 86 Posts
I can try and source a set of boards and brackets here in Oregon for you. We don't salt our roads so we don't get much rust. Shipping might be a little steep though...

Old 10-09-2014, 11:20 AM
joshh
Tuned
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
that Chevrolet is nothing like our us model s10 it is more comparable to our 1500 series Chevrolet just has some styling lines similar to the s10

and the powerstroke can be a 7.3 94-03 , 6.0 was in late 03 to 07 the 6.4 in 08-10 and now our 6.7 all are v8
the 7.3 is the weakest in stock form but the most reliable
the rest make good power but without mods can blow up easily

Old 10-09-2014, 12:41 PM
460jared96
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm very much enjoying this thread!!!! It's so great to see a love for ford trucks all the way down there in brazil. Seeing the difference in models is so cool! I look forward to seeing more from you.

Jared

Old 10-09-2014, 05:43 PM
FtruckBrasil
Tuned
Originally Posted by Evan_P
I can try and source a set of boards and brackets here in Oregon for you. We don't salt our roads so we don't get much rust. Shipping might be a little steep though...
Hi Evan!

You pack the running board for me? I would be very happy!

can arrange for a company that's there even in the USA they reenvião me and I can pay without credit card!

I do not have a credit card, can consequir with my uncle!

pass me your email?

and you need something here?

Thank you!

Old 10-09-2014, 06:42 PM
FtruckBrasil
Tuned
Originally Posted by dixie460
Hey ftruck, the pictures of the changes you made to your F-series looked good. I like the reinforcement you added to the front of the chassis on your F1000.

To answer your question about the powerstroke, here in the US there are several versions of the PSD (PowerStroke Diesel), but just about everyone considers the original 7.3L turbo model to be the most reliable. Now there was a 7.3L (non turbo) diesel before the 7.3 PSD, but it did NOT get called a powerstroke, was not turbo, and didn't share any parts with the PSD that came after it.

After the 7.3L came the 6.0L. These had problems with cylinder heads and I believe some electrical issues as well, and after a few years they were replaced with a 6.4L Powerstroke. The 6.4 PSD had a few features not seen before, such as dual turbos and additional pollution control equipment such as a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) due to emission laws here in the US.

Later on, Ford decided to build their own diesel (all previous PSD engines were made by International/Navistar) so they came out with the 6.7L powerstroke, which is the current model.

Yeah there are plenty of people who still love (admire) their F-Series trucks here. The ones you see in good condition that go to scrap are usually disposed of because a major component has failed. For an older truck, a blown engine or transmission, or frame/body damage, can sometimes mean the end of a truck's life here in the US, but not always. And when one does get scrapped, it ends up at a scrapyard where people can take it's parts and use them to repair their own trucks.

New trucks here are NOT getting any cheaper, that's for sure! But many people choose to take out a loan (usually thru the dealer's financing plan) to pay off a new vehicle over time.

Hope that helped answer some of your previous questions. Thank you for sharing information and pictures, it's really interesting to see what y'all have in other countries!

thanks for the information dixie460, I looked several videos of powerstrock 7.3 and was the one I liked both in performance of the truck that was 1997

he is already good original, ready to race should be a cannon!

here the f250 out small batch v6 petrol, 4 cylinder Cummins B, that all the world like here was the 4.3 turbo mwm sprint, and finally the electronic maxpower cummins engine this is the strongest fitted today!

unfortunately in Brazil ended a ford f250 f350 fabrication of F4000 in 2011 and the rumor that the f250 will come back but so far nothing!

line f350 F4000 and returned in manufacturing this year with the same fronts, but as cummins 2.8 diesel engine using arla.

a shame, it was a good strong truck for service, now in Brazil only has the small one and I think that sucks, Ford Ranger Chevrolet S10 Nissan Frontier Mitisubichi L200 and Toyota Hilux are expensive, have double cabin but people inside are tight and the bucket is lowercase and little motor and cost more than a f250 xlt!

What was missing for f250 do more success in Brazil was to have been extended the cabin !

I saw a new f250 cost around $ 22,000 + or - here it costs double that amount!

but because the engine will break in to scrap the truck?

would be because the value of the concert costs more than the value of propio vehicle?

Here it happens that full size trucks use diesel engine that are also used in machines and large tractors trucks Trasnporte, ai has many parts and having a lower cost!

what about taxes? is expensive to keep an old car there?

here after 15 years of use no the need to pay more IPVA ,is a tax that you pay each year, costs 3% of the value of the vehicle, for trucks big, buses .. is 1%
the your car value decreases in market ,you pay less taxes at the end of the year
vehicles with more than 15 years of use, only pays a secure mandatory , of + or - $ 60!

thank you !

Quick Reply: Ford F150 1997 in Brasil