Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

R&D!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 10:55 PM
d-day
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R&D!!

trying to get ahold of R&D, I emailed him according to his instructions on the website and still have not heard anything back yet.. I would like to buy a pump and injectors

Old 09-10-2014, 11:30 PM
genscripter
Cargo Master
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by d-day
trying to get ahold of R&D, I emailed him according to his instructions on the website and still have not heard anything back yet.. I would like to buy a pump and injectors

If you are in a hurry, R&D probably isn't the way to go. I ordered an IP on Aug 27th, but it didn't arrive until Sept 8. My mechanic wasn't too thrilled because he now has to rush the install to make my deadline.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:51 PM
d-day
Elder User
Originally Posted by genscripter

If you are in a hurry, R&D probably isn't the way to go. I ordered an IP on Aug 27th, but it didn't arrive until Sept 8. My mechanic wasn't too thrilled because he now has to rush the install to make my deadline.
really? honestly I am looking at ordering something this week.that's unfortunate because I heard that it is a good company I would have liked to try their pump.. any recommendations? Pensacola?

Old 09-11-2014, 12:11 AM
hairyboxnoogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
He is probably the best as far as a performance pump, but hes a busy guy.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:37 AM
fordtruckman838
Senior User
really? honestly I am looking at ordering something this week.that's unfortunate because I heard that it is a good company I would have liked to try their pump.. any recommendations? Pensacola?
I wouldn't recommend pensacola. A buddy bought injectors from them he received 5 different codes of injectors....... one injector was a delphi body with a stanadyne nozzle........
Sounds like they just dump them all together and run them through an ultra sonic cleaner..

Everything I have heard says that R&D is worth the wait..

Old 09-11-2014, 04:31 AM
BruteFord
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Could try contacting him via FTE as a backup to the email if it's been a while Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Profile: RacinNdrummin

Old 09-11-2014, 10:31 AM
d-day
Elder User
Originally Posted by BruteFord
Could try contacting him via FTE as a backup to the email if it's been a while Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Profile: RacinNdrummin
Thanks, I sent him a message

Old 09-11-2014, 11:29 AM
RacinNdrummin
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks, I sent him a message

PM sent....

Old 09-11-2014, 11:39 AM
RacinNdrummin
Postmaster
This is true.

I cant be perfect all the time. But to my credit, Most everything gets shipped priority mail, and normally they have everything there within two days even cross country, that time they took 4, possibly 5 days to get the package there. I wasn't the only one who dropped the ball.

That being said, If you are looking for next day service, that is just impossible for me to do unless I have parts ready to go and im already stopped to ship out orders, and I usually tell people the wait they are looking at up front. In Genscripter's case, I screwed that up by a few business days, and it put him in a bad spot with his mechanic. I apologized, and told him if he ordered from me a again, his next order would be shipped free. That's the best I can do.

I try and handle everything, I try and answer all the emails I receive, even the ones just asking questions about IDI performance in general, I try and talk to people on the phone when they request a phone call, sometimes for up to an hour. I do everything I can to help all, but sometimes things just fall through the cracks... Doesn't make it right, but its a big job, especially for somebody with as much time as I have anyway.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:02 PM
d-day
Elder User
Originally Posted by RacinNdrummin

This is true.

I cant be perfect all the time. But to my credit, Most everything gets shipped priority mail, and normally they have everything there within two days even cross country, that time they took 4, possibly 5 days to get the package there. I wasn't the only one who dropped the ball.

That being said, If you are looking for next day service, that is just impossible for me to do unless I have parts ready to go and im already stopped to ship out orders, and I usually tell people the wait they are looking at up front. In Genscripter's case, I screwed that up by a few business days, and it put him in a bad spot with his mechanic. I apologized, and told him if he ordered from me a again, his next order would be shipped free. That's the best I can do.

I try and handle everything, I try and answer all the emails I receive, even the ones just asking questions about IDI performance in general, I try and talk to people on the phone when they request a phone call, sometimes for up to an hour. I do everything I can to help all, but sometimes things just fall through the cracks... Doesn't make it right, but its a big job, especially for somebody with as much time as I have anyway.
posted the information on your profile lol your inbox was full

Old 09-11-2014, 06:16 PM
brokeasajoke
More Turbo
I got a pump from r&d. It was worth the wait.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:04 AM
Chevy_Eater
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Less then 2 weeks is hardly a long wait, that's pretty good as far as I'm concerned. If I need something now, I buy it locally, if I order it online I give it a month before I start to worry.

Even a month is a pretty good turn around, remember the days of mail order? "6-8 weeks for processing"

Old 09-12-2014, 06:05 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Chevy_Eater
if I order it online I give it a month before I start to worry.
wow brother lol.iv got two words for ya; amazon prime.

Old 09-13-2014, 12:46 AM
genscripter
Cargo Master
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
To R&D's credit, he was very polite and apologetic about the slip up. I was not trying to dig him, but I was trying to address the OP's urgency. I'll definitely buy from R&D again, this hasn't deterred me from his services (by far, the best out there).

Speaking of that, I got the van back from the mechanic just now and the 90cc R&D IP is very nice. I'll post some pics soon. When a new IP is installed, is the fuel screw set to zero flats, or is it calibrated to the previous rotation? I think the vac line was misplaced cuz I'm having trouble shifting. It shifts from the tree ok, so I'll take a look when the sun comes up.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:01 PM
RacinNdrummin
Postmaster
To R&D's credit, he was very polite and apologetic about the slip up. I was not trying to dig him, but I was trying to address the OP's urgency. I'll definitely buy from R&D again, this hasn't deterred me from his services (by far, the best out there).

Speaking of that, I got the van back from the mechanic just now and the 90cc R&D IP is very nice. I'll post some pics soon. When a new IP is installed, is the fuel screw set to zero flats, or is it calibrated to the previous rotation? I think the vac line was misplaced cuz I'm having trouble shifting. It shifts from the tree ok, so I'll take a look when the sun comes up.
Don't think In terms of "flats", that's just been a way to describe "turning up" a pump from the position its at. In terms of how far the leaf spring is cranked, in the case of the 90, it should be pretty close to all the way depending on the leaf spring used, however, the difference in the pump from a cranked stocker is all in governor phasing to keep fueling as flat as possible to defuel. The fuel screw just adjusts the peak fueling volume, it doesn't do anything with the curve, that's all determined by the governor assembly.

That being said, are you over fueling? If so, you can turn it down a bit, and should retain its fuel curve.

Quick Reply: R&D!!