Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1965 Ford Econoline

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Freshman User

oklaecono is starting off with a positive reputation.
1965 Ford Econoline

I Hope this is the right place to post this.

I am trying to find a few things about a truck I recently found. It's a 65 Econoline 170 engine. I am trying to find the build sheets, or copies of how they truck was made as it came down the line. I know there are shows on tv like graveyard cards where he has made folders of pictures of how Dodge stamped and painted different parts of their builds as they went down the line.

Did Ford do this as well? Where could someone find that info? Also, is there a newsgroup for owners of these model trucks.

Any help concerning this truck would be appreciated. I plan to start restoring it for ME this winter.

thanks
Steve
Old 08-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Postmaster

Tedster9 has much to be proud ofTedster9 has much to be proud ofTedster9 has much to be proud ofTedster9 has much to be proud ofTedster9 has much to be proud ofTedster9 has much to be proud ofTedster9 has much to be proud ofTedster9 has much to be proud ofTedster9 has much to be proud of
You can look behind the seat in the springs.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

1964 F-100 292 V8
2009 XLT Ranger 4.0 V6
Old 08-23-2014, 07:42 AM
Freshman User

oklaecono is starting off with a positive reputation.
ACTUAL CONSTRUCTION

Thanks for the reply but what I am trying to find are pages/pictures of how they put the truck together. What stamp they used for the engine block once it passed inspection. What color stamp they used on the radiator once it was passed, etc..etc. I know I have seen others that restore to OEM spec's. They seem to have home made manuals that they have created by downloading and running off "in line" contruction books.

Hope this makes sense this time

thanks
Old 08-23-2014, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Moved to proper forum
Old 08-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Senior User

EmilBarnabas is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have not seen the data you are looking for, but the following website helps you decode the information found on your door tag and has lots of info you might like.

Econoline ID dot com

There are several Yahoo groups for old Econolines.

Vintage-vans.com is for all vans of the sixties. I'm there often.

As Tedster9 mentioned, the build sheet is stuck in the springs under the driver seat. Often there is an additional build sheet under the wire trough cover that is located between your passenger's feet and the heater.

Welcome to the Econo club!
Old 08-23-2014, 08:59 PM