General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Does anyoe like ICP?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 09:22 AM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyoe like ICP?

I'm not a Juggalo, nor am I really a fan of the Insane Clown Posse, but I came across this article this morning:
Insane Clown Posse Loses FBI Lawsuit; Juggalos a 'Gang'

OK, in a nutshell, the FBI is calling Juggalos a gang, more or less. This tends to make them a target in the eyes of the police, which isn't always warranted. Not to be too political, as I really couldn't care less if these guys are called a gang or not. However, I decided to look at the ICP website and listen to a few of their songs.

I'm not sure what to think of the music. It's rap, sure, but there's definitely some rock and roll elements, as well. I did not find it too offensive (some cursing) and pretty easy to follow (I can understand the lyrics). So, does anyone like these guys? Why or why not? Is it good workout music? Does it have any redeeming factors at all?

I'm hoping this is a decent topic for the general forum, but if itneeds to be moved, so be it. I'll let the mods make that decision.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Furyus1
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Formerly known as "Inner City Posse".

I couldn't get into their earlier stuff - too hip-hop/rap for my liking. But when they came out with the Dark Carnival stuff with the Joker cards, then they kind of grabbed my attention (Great Milenko is my favorite of the bunch.) It wasn't one of the usual genres I listen to, but something about it intrigued me.

They lost me when they released "The Unveiling". Supposedly, the hidden message behind their music had always been to follow God. Not to turn this into a religious debate but, I have some difficulty believing that claim - just based on the whatever material of theirs I've listened to...

I wouldn't say it has any "redeeming factors", no... LOL...

The whole Juggalo thing is hard to nail down. I've heard a few folks who called themselves Juggalos, describe it as being a lifestyle choice, whatever the hell that means... Some do tend to get a bit violent, but I tend to compare it more to old-school punk rock - I mean, come on - the Sex Pistols had some pretty ornery fans, LOL...

Old 07-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Trombogon
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only time I ever encountered juggalos was in middle school, I was friends with a few of them.

I think it was just their rebellious phase.