General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Trophy Hunting Cheerleader

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Trombogon
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trophy Hunting Cheerleader

Meet Kendall Jones, The Texan Cheerleader Whose Exotic Animal Hunts Outraged The Internet

A lot of people are outraged about these photos and the hunting of these animals.

I was wondering what FTE feels about this and the backlash she has received.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:55 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My kind of Gal, not afraid to get her hands dirty, and looks smoking hot

Old 07-04-2014, 05:21 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
If the hunting of these animals is legal then people need to mind their own business.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:26 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,102 Likes on 2,164 Posts
the funny thing about all of this is the picture that is causing all the stink is the one of her with the rhino.
and that animal is still alive. it was only tranquilized for micro tagging and horn trimming.
all these Hippocrates that eat store bought meat that came from a farm, and killed in a slaughterhouse think they are above a hunter can kiss my asterisk..

Old 07-05-2014, 09:13 AM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Some people are sooooooooo invested in the 'beauty and majesty' of some wild animals (usually big cats) that they forget they're human beings. The hatred and evil encountered on some of those sites and on FB towards the young lady (and others who have gone before) are an appalling wonder to behold. I just LOVE going to the comments section and saying something like 'beautiful trophy, young lady. Kudos'! But geez! The section will be full of posts wishing death on her....wishing rape on her (makes you wonder about the mentality right there). Everything and anything.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:31 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,692 Likes on 1,134 Posts
a lot of those hunts you are actually hunting for the local tribe, they let you pay to hunt and kill the game to feed the tribe, you get to keep the head and hide for mounting.
you are killing the same animals they would be killing for food and the money helps them survive.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:47 AM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Any of you FB folks ought to check out her page. Reading the stuff there is revealing. Here's an explanation she put out there after the 9000000th 'hate' post someone sent her after she 'killed' a rhino:

"Ok I'm gonna explain for the 53567544th time. The rhino was a green hunt, meaning it was darted and immobilized in order to draw blood for testing, DNA profiling, microchip ping the horn and treating a massive leg injury most likely caused by lions. People try to say that lions will not attack a hippo, rhino or elephant, quiet the contrary. Lions attack and kill the young of these species. The adults try to fight the lions off and are regularly successful, but do get injuries in the process. As for the lion that I shot with my bow, it was within a 45,000 acre fence with other lions and plains game. It's in S Africa, so yes it was within a fence, but 45,000 acres is the equivalent to 70 square miles and considered fair chase. Lions that have come in and taken over a pride, not only kick the older lion out, but will also kill all of his cubs so that the lioness will come into heat again. Controlling the male lion population is important within large fenced areas like these in order to make sure the cubs have a high survival rate. Funds from a hunt like this goes partially to the government for permits but also to the farm owner as an incentive to keep and raise lions on their property. If there was no value, the farmers would kill all of the lions to have a higher survival and breeding rate in their plains game populations. Lions take a toll on plains game, thus farmers need money to purchase plains game and change out bloodlines within their lion prides to prevent interbreeding. Now to the leopard, this was a free ranging leopard in Zimbabwe on communal land. The money for the permit goes to the communal council and to their village people. Within this area of approximately 250,000 acres, 107 head of cattle was killed in a single year due to leopard kills. Leopard populations have to be controlled in certain areas. So yes, my efforts do go to conservation efforts and are all fair chase, not canned hunts. In fact these are very mentally and physically challenging hunts, on foot tracking and walking miles and miles a day."

IMO, this '19-year old cheerleader' shows a helluva lot more sense and intelligence than the so-called 'adults' sending her the hate comments.......

Old 07-07-2014, 01:04 AM
Trombogon
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it most ironic that most of these people preach against discrimination but are against killing these animals because they're "majestic". Basically they're preaching discrimination, that a lion or an elephant deserves to live more than a cow or a chicken because there is less of them and because they look cool. I've heard many of them say "She's a coward for shooting these animals." She took a Lion with A bow. I'd like to see them take a huge killing machine with a damn bow, especially the Prius driving fruits from LA who claim to love the environment while living in the most polluted city in the country.

I personally couldn't care less of what she is doing, it's not like one 19 year old girl is going to drive entire species into extinction.

Anyways, thanks for the opinions, not surprised blue collar guys who work on old pickups have more sense than the hypocrisy harbored inside bleeding hearts of kids my age.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:01 AM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
Personally, "I" don't Trophy Hunt, because EVERY animal that I've harvested IS a Trophy.

What this young lady does, is not my concern.

As said on another forum........ "Haters' gonna hate."
No matter what "you" do, somebody's not gonna like it.

Everybody's got to believe in something.

I believe I'm going to have an ice-cold bottle of Ginger Ale!

Old 07-07-2014, 11:22 AM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
If the hunting of these animals is legal then people need to mind their own business.
I agree 100% with Tim's statement

Old 07-07-2014, 12:14 PM
gman97005
Elder User
Originally Posted by Trombogon
Meet Kendall Jones, The Texan Cheerleader Whose Exotic Animal Hunts Outraged The Internet

A lot of people are outraged about these photos and the hunting of these animals.

I was wondering what FTE feels about this and the backlash she has received.
just because it's legal doesn't make it right, i think she's a bigger animal than all the game she killed, for sport no less. It's because of her and people like her that we have endangered species and she got exactly what she deserved, got no love for people like her..

Old 07-07-2014, 12:53 PM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by gman97005
just because it's legal doesn't make it right, i think she's a bigger animal than all the game she killed, for sport no less. It's because of her and people like her that we have endangered species and she got exactly what she deserved, got no love for people like her..
That statement is not quite factual, actually.

I won't go into details/specifics here, but, your statement is not accurate.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:24 PM
gman97005
Elder User
Originally Posted by 00BlueOvalRanger
That statement is not quite factual, actually.

I won't go into details/specifics here, but, your statement is not accurate.
.. it's quite accurate that i don't like her or people like her..

Old 07-07-2014, 01:37 PM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
.. it's quite accurate that i don't like her or people like her..
That is your prerogative.

Have a nice life.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:33 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend

just because it's legal doesn't make it right, i think she's a bigger animal than all the game she killed, for sport no less. It's because of her and people like her that we have endangered species and she got exactly what she deserved, got no love for people like her.
It's because of her and people like her that animals like elephants, white rhinos, and lions have recovered or recovering populations. Licensed hunters are the animals' best friends. In Africa and elsewhere.

Quick Reply: Trophy Hunting Cheerleader