Old 07-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Smokiesman
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 07-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Firefighter 1406
Lead Driver

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts
I saw that myself. Not a great image maker for use that's for sure.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Jesser02EX
Posting Guru
Even though my 7.3 doesn't roll coal, I do believe the envionmentalist can kiss it!

Old 07-05-2014, 11:58 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I don't get all this anger between the two groups. Can I not enjoy my 7.3 and feel that keeping the environment clean is important?

My truck let's me enjoy the environment.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140705_215825.png
Views: 615
Size:  784.7 KB

Old 07-06-2014, 12:29 AM
SARDiverDan
Cargo Master
Received 417 Likes on 239 Posts
I can do the same thing with my 80hp tune and I lean on it. As with most things political and ill-informed, they will focus on trucks with stacks at first even though they can all do it. We have this same test our here every two years when we get our smog test. They jam on the pedal and see how long it takes for the exhaust to clear. More than a few seconds and you fail. The only real way to curb it would be for LE to write tickets when they witness it.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:34 AM
Byooty
Junior User
Two things with the black smokers that would happen here in Victoria Australia.
Firstly you would be hit with a fine from the EPA for pollution, not a massive fine but subsequent fines increase.

Secondly the police would impound your vehicle under the anti hooning laws, you could lose your vehicle for 28 days.

Repeat offenders under the anti hooning laws will have their vehicle crushed by the police......

Old 07-06-2014, 12:42 AM
Y2KW57
Received 3,350 Likes on 1,755 Posts
Originally Posted by SARDiverDan
As with most things political and ill-informed,
From reading that article, it appears that the most ill informed are those who are rolling the coal.

People complain about regulations... and then they do that. Duh! How can any rational person believe that type of behavior will not lead to more regulations?

Old 07-06-2014, 02:28 AM
clem1226
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hooning........

I had to look it up http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoon

Old 07-06-2014, 07:57 AM
Mowing Man
Elder User
I don't roll coal, primarily because I think it's obnoxious and it's not responsible. However, there have been a couple occasions with some very obnoxious Prius drivers that I would have liked to. Nothing to do with politics. I think it would be interesting if they had done a comparative study to see what was worse- fumes from diesels, or fumes from American flags being burned as an expression of certain peoples 'Freedom of Speech.' Just my 2 cents

Old 07-06-2014, 08:34 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,702 Likes on 1,137 Posts
I just removed the program from my truck because I couldn't shift with out a puff of black smoke.

here in my small town the worst are the dodge drivers, smoke at every shift taking off from every stoplight. this is a non emission county but I wonder for how much longer?

and my favorite line from the article,

Vocativ found Facebook pages dedicated to the phenomenon have about 16,000 followers

nothing like going public and admitting you are breaking the law!, I don't know of any state that doesn't have a "wasting finite resources" law

Old 07-06-2014, 08:41 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts

Stinky is tuned specifically for optimum performance without rolling coal... soot is a sign of squandered sauce. "Stingy" (the Prius) serves her purpose the way Stinky serves his, and I don't cop any type of attitude with either - I just drive the way I drive in whatever vehicle serves the purpose of the hour. I don't see any reason to brandish four wheels and a seat as a social or political statement - it's just transportation for me and mine, nothing more.

To that end, I don't appreciate either side of the ecology argument doing/saying things that could pigeon-hole me with others who happen to have the same vehicle I drive. I just want to do what I do, and leave me out of the drama.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Y2KW57
Received 3,350 Likes on 1,755 Posts
Originally Posted by Mowing Man
I don't roll coal, primarily because I think it's obnoxious and it's not responsible. However, there have been a couple occasions with some very obnoxious Prius drivers that I would have liked to.
If the obnoxious driver were in a lifted F-350 with stacks and a Riff Raff sticker on the window, would they get the coal rolling treatment too?

If the obnoxious driver were on a Harley, had 20" biceps, fully sleeved, 6'6" tall, riding with 3 buddies of similar build on equally fast bikes, would they also get coal rolled?

Obnoxious drivers are everywhere, in all kinds of vehicles. Why punk on the Prius?

Originally Posted by Mowing Man
I think it would be interesting if they had done a comparative study to see what was worse- fumes from diesels, or fumes from American flags being burned
That might depend on where the American Flag was actually made. If it was made overseas in a country where fewer environmental protections exist, and where there are fewer regulations governing the materials utilized, then it is possible the flag might release toxins and carcinogens when burned.

Remember the rash of skin rashes from the cheap sandals sold by Walmart that were imported from China? As the case unfolded, it was discovered that the compounds in the rubber used to make the strap of the thong were toxic to human skin. Walmart eventually recalled them, but not without a few sore feet.

But back on topic, I'm curious why people mentally associate flag burners with Prius drivers? Did they actually observe a Prius driver pull over to the side of the road and burn a flag? What is with this automatic leftist lumping together of flag burners with people who are environmentally conscious and economically shrewd?

It was President Bush who paid me $3,400.00 to buy a Prius. Not a $3,400.00 tax deduction off of income, but a $3,400.00 tax CREDIT, dollar for dollar against any federal tax I owed, that could be carried forward for as many years as necessary until the credit was exhausted. Bush signed the Energy Bill in the fall of 2005, which did not offer any incentive that lucrative for an American branded vehicle. Why? Because no American branded vehicles was anywhere even close to being as energy efficient at that time.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:03 AM
carltonwebb
Cargo Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Regardless of what the coal rollers perceived target is, its stupid and immature. Should there smoke cloud cause someones death, they will serve time.

I have had a few people ask me to help them with their trucks over time. Whenever one has talked about how to make it smoke (roll coal), i pack up my tools and tell them if they want it to run like a piece of crap, they called the wrong guy.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:38 PM
SARDiverDan
Cargo Master
Received 417 Likes on 239 Posts
"As with most things political and ill-informed" The point being, the system will swing way to the right and go after all diesel owners for the actions of just a few idiots compared to the millions of diesel truck owners that are out there and make it bad for everyone. We already have significant limitations here in CA compared to the other states; however, our limitations only affect those living in larger populations. As an example, I live in Riverside County and only the west half of the county is required to have a smog check every two years (live closer to LA) while the east half of the county does not require a smog test.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:16 PM
landmobile
Senior User

^^^ Photoshop or real? PUSS doesn't seem fitting for a car named "Stingy"

Quick Reply: Boy! JUST WHAT WE NEED !!