1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Post Your Gauge Clusters!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 12:34 PM
highntight
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=Gembone;15267873]Not in the truck yet, but got the LED bulbs in today and tested. Gauges are Equus with blue LED's. The turn signals are replacement Harley arrow signal indicators. The camera phone pic does it no justice and adds tons of glare.

Those are looking pretty sharp there sir...

Originally Posted by crazed87bronco
That's weird they don't offer the 4k diesel tach in the 4" version I'm sure many people would buy them if they had them. Cummins don't have a higher rev like the powerstrokes and duramax engines. So maybe they just didn't see the need to make a 4k one and just make one with a more broad span that can work for all diesels.

Thats kinda what I was thinkin, And hey you spend your life savings on 8 gauges they send you a t shirt to make you feel better. And you know what, It did

Old 04-14-2015, 06:18 PM
crazed87bronco
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by highntight
Thats kinda what I was thinkin, And hey you spend your life savings on 8 gauges they send you a t shirt to make you feel better. And you know what, It did
Haha free T shirts always good after spending the ole savings. I got a T and a hoodie when I got my axle parts. It sure does make ordering better.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:21 PM
68murc
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"question for ya... Do you have to power them up one at a time at the beginning to set them or can you fire the truck a couple times with out being set and wont hurt anything... I still need to read threw the instructions for myself just figured Ide ask someone who has installed some..."

The first time I powered them up, they were all hooked together with the provided harness(s). I don't think it would matter if you power them up one at a time or not. I haven't programmed any of my gauges yet. I wear my new SpeedHut T-shirt all the time, like it cost more than the rest of my entire wardrobe, cuz it did!

Old 04-14-2015, 07:20 PM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
No free Tshirt/hoodie/hat with my cheapo gauges so I will just have to go get another Built Ford Tough, or Powered by Ford shirt.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:08 AM
highntight
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crazed87bronco
Haha free T shirts always good after spending the ole savings. I got a T and a hoodie when I got my axle parts. It sure does make ordering better.
10-4 yes sir it does...

[/I]The first time I powered them up, they were all hooked together with the provided harness(s). I don't think it would matter if you power them up one at a time or not. I haven't programmed any of my gauges yet. I wear my new SpeedHut T-shirt all the time, like it cost more than the rest of my entire wardrobe, cuz it did!

hahaha thats was the funniest thing Ive herd in awhile...

Originally Posted by Gembone
No free Tshirt/hoodie/hat with my cheapo gauges so I will just have to go get another Built Ford Tough, or Powered by Ford shirt.
Thats just bull... I think you should demand one. But built ford tough isnt bad ether

Old 04-18-2015, 10:22 AM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
OK guys, I got the cluster installed yesterday.

Looks good until...

I was very happy with how it turned out at first. Then last night we went to get a couch from a friend. The needles don't light up and are barely visible at night. Anyone have any suggestions for how to get the needles so be more visible at night? I know part of it is the blue LEDs, but I don't think they would be much better with with stock lights TBH.

Old 04-18-2015, 01:00 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
If you can take them apart to get to the needles paint them like Queen Charlaine did.

<table width="100%" align="center" class="tborder" id="post14661762" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="6"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="padding: 0px;"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="6" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td nowrap="nowrap">CharlaineC ******** type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_14661762", true); *********>
Senior User
</td><td width="100%"> </td><td nowrap="nowrap" valign="top">Join Date: Sep 2014

</td></tr></tbody></table><!-- / user info --> </td></tr><tr><td class="alt1" id="td_post_14661762"><!-- message, attachments, sig --> <!-- icon and title --> Freshened up the cluster a wee bit
<hr size="1" style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225); background-color: rgb(209, 209, 225);"><!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I pulled my Instrument Cluster today to clean and possibility change out the faded plexiglass. After pulling it apart I found the gauge needles where faded pretty bad. So I touched them up with some fluorescent orange nail polish from my collection.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 04-18-2015, 02:13 PM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
That was my first thought Jeff. I have not tried to open them up yet. I am trying to think of a color and paint that will glow in the blue LED light

Old 04-18-2015, 02:28 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by Gembone
That was my first thought Jeff. I have not tried to open them up yet. I am trying to think of a color and paint that will glow in the blue LED light
Fluorescent white? Like maybe a dab of Halloween paint???

Old 04-18-2015, 06:12 PM
MIKES 68 F100
Logistics Pro
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
finished except for chrome plating , just don't have the $$ so together in black for now .

Old 04-18-2015, 10:52 PM
hillcountryflt
Fleet Mechanic
Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts
questions about the f600 panel

I am working on my f600 cluster and have a couple of questions. 1, how does one light the "wiper" notification. Mine has a place to put some sort of bulb, but don't know what type. Second, what is the simplest way to adjust the mileage. My f600 cluster shows 60k, my 69 panel reflects 34K and would like to match the f600 to that.
Haven't tried it yet, but would simply running a rubber line from the intake manifold port to the vacuum gauge be enough to make it work? Would rather have a clock or a tach there, but in the interim would be cool to have a vacuum gauge (test drove a 2015 Mustang GT which had one - and a accelerometer).

Old 04-18-2015, 11:04 PM
orich
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I've re-clocked the odometer of a 76 dodge van was my last one in the 70's and a few other classic motorcycles.
You just have remover the odometer wheels enough to spread the wheels apart to move to the mileage you want to set it at.

Now in Most states it's against the law to tamper with speedometers reading:

Orich

Old 04-19-2015, 03:35 AM
trozei
Postmaster
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by orich
Now in Most states it's against the law to tamper with speedometers reading.
It's also nearly impossible to get caught doing it, so if you have a legitimate reason for it I say go to town.

What I've always heard of people doing is putting a drill on the speedo cable gear somehow and spinning it until it's at your desired reading, but pulling it apart and manually spinning the number wheels sounds much faster.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:22 AM
orich
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yea your right Jackson about being caught! It's not like a car sales lot guy doing it to defraud a buyer making a lower mileage vehicle look like a much better deal.

But only as a correction of the mileage on a vehicle would still be tampering with the speedometer.

With that being said many vehicles on the road today, and may be most classics
have been sold with paper work from the state DMV: A state form of statement of facts of unknown mileage due to non working odometers at one point..

But we all like to have a vehicle that has the correct odometer mileage reading.
May be for bragging rights with some people tho..

Orich

Old 04-19-2015, 08:25 AM
f100today
Posting Guru
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Odometer reading is exempt after a certain year here in Texas. So it really doesn't matter.

Quick Reply: Post Your Gauge Clusters!