6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Incentives

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 09:04 AM
rockymtford
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Incentives

If Ford is at all concerned about haw the Ram sales are skimming away at their customer base, they should take a loo at the incentive program. I wouldn't be able to force myself to purchase one. but there appears to be many people that are, lets say less loyal.
I am ready to purchase a 2015 Superduty today, but I just can't force myself to pay the extra several thousand $$.
I guess I will just hold on to the 2011 until they wake up.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:50 AM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
The 2015 is just barely hitting the lots, lol.

You want incentives, pick up a 2014.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:48 AM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by rockymtford
If Ford is at all concerned about haw the Ram sales are skimming away at their customer base, they should take a loo at the incentive program. I wouldn't be able to force myself to purchase one. but there appears to be many people that are, lets say less loyal.
I am ready to purchase a 2015 Superduty today, but I just can't force myself to pay the extra several thousand $$.
That's a pretty interesting point of view.

Considering the 2015 Rams aren't even out yet, I would love to know how you're making an incentive comparison between the Super Duty and the Ram. I mean you did say that you're ready to purchase a 2015 Super Duty today. If the 2015 Rams aren't even out yet, there's no conceivable way to compare incentives between Ford and Ram.

For that matter, GM only has $1000 on their 2015 2500HD trucks where Ford has $500 across the Super Duty lineup (at least in my area). Sorry but I definitely wouldn't let $500 worth of incentives turn me away from a brand I liked just to try to make a point.

Now if you want to look at a new leftover 2013 or 2014, there are plenty of incentives out there for all brands but Ram's incentives right now are not as good as Ford's incentives. If Ram is skimming Ford's sales, it's not because of incentives and I doubt they're actually skimming much at all. They may be skimming a lot from GM though.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:59 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,243 Likes on 2,261 Posts
Originally Posted by powerstroke72
That's a pretty interesting point of view.

Considering the 2015 Rams aren't even out yet, I would love to know how you're making an incentive comparison between the Super Duty and the Ram. I mean you did say that you're ready to purchase a 2015 Super Duty today. If the 2015 Rams aren't even out yet, there's no conceivable way to compare incentives between Ford and Ram.

For that matter, GM only has $1000 on their 2015 2500HD trucks where Ford has $500 across the Super Duty lineup (at least in my area). Sorry but I definitely wouldn't let $500 worth of incentives turn me away from a brand I liked just to try to make a point.

Now if you want to look at a new leftover 2013 or 2014, there are plenty of incentives out there for all brands but Ram's incentives right now are not as good as Ford's incentives. If Ram is skimming Ford's sales, it's not because of incentives and I doubt they're actually skimming much at all. They may be skimming a lot from GM though.
I'm with John. Your post is not making much sense to me.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:06 PM
rockymtford
New User
I guess I could possibly have found myself caught up in what the media was claiming. I had read a few articles about Ram sales being substantially higher than Ford trucks recently. It may not be even close to the truth?
I realize that the 2015 Rams arent out, even if they were and when they are, I wouldn'nt waste my time looking at them.
My point was only that you can purchase a Ram for less than the Ford (I say, you get what you pay for). If Ford actually is losing sales, it could be offset by bumping the incentive a bit.
The 2015 GM is a total overhaul while the 2015 Superduty has only powertrain upgrades, so I don't see the early release of the 2015 Super duty drawing in a great deal of attention.
For my own situation, I am not interested in the 2013 or 2014 models as I have been waituing for the powertrain upgrades.
Thx

Old 05-05-2014, 12:32 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
I guess I could possibly have found myself caught up in what the media was claiming. I had read a few articles about Ram sales being substantially higher than Ford trucks recently. It may not be even close to the truth?
Take a look at this: Best-Selling Pickup Trucks: April 2014 - PickupTrucks.com News

It's only April's sales numbers but you can look through their archives and see monthly totals as well as yearly totals.

My point was only that you can purchase a Ram for less than the Ford (I say, you get what you pay for).
That's not necessarily true. If you look closely at the pricing at MSRP and invoice, they tend to be pretty closely priced when comparing comparable trim levels with comparable options. In fact, there are a couple of the Rams that are actually more expensive than the Super Duty. I know because I've done some direct comparisons shopping both brands.

If Ford actually is losing sales, it could be offset by bumping the incentive a bit.
Ford will eventually bump incentives....they always do. They also historically introduce new models with little or no incentives, as do most manufacturers. A lot of the time it's testing the waters and gauging market response to new designs. It's also anticipation that the new model will sell very well because there's a segment of the buying public who always wants to have the newest and shiniest toy on the block regardless of current incentives. GM did this with the intro of the 2014 1500 trucks and it didn't work so well for them as many dealers complained due to lackluster sales when Ford and Ram had good incentives on their trucks.

The 2015 GM is a total overhaul while the 2015 Superduty has only powertrain upgrades, so I don't see the early release of the 2015 Super duty drawing in a great deal of attention.
The GM overhaul was so past due it wasn't even funny. They've been losing HD sales year over year to Ford and especially Ram. I've not seen many of the 2015 GM trucks on the road yet but that's not necessarily indicative of poor sales. As for the Ford upgrades, I guess time will tell. Most of the die hard Ford folks keep up with Ford's progress when it comes to upgrades, updates, and overhauls and make a decision based upon whether the updates are substantial enough to justify trading for the new models or not. Some just buy the newest to have the newest.

For my own situation, I am not interested in the 2013 or 2014 models as I have been waituing for the powertrain upgrades.
Thx
I think there are a lot of folks in the same boat as you while there are also some who are going to wait until the 2016/2017 models come out with what are rumored to be significant updates to the interior and exterior. From some of the spy shots posted online, it's looking like the Super Duty may take on some of the exterior characteristics of the 2015 F-150. And with the early introduction of the 2015 Super Duty, I would guess that the changeover year for Super Duty may be as early as the 2016 model...possibly a late 2015 launch. All pure speculation on my part but having followed Ford's introduction trends over the years, it seems feasible.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:52 PM
F stock owner
Senior User
rockymtford does have a point about Ram having the highest monthly growth rate for December 2013 over December 2012. Best-Selling Pickup Trucks: December 2013 - PickupTrucks.com News But for year over year monthly total sales, Ford is the clear winner at over twice the number Ram sells. 75,000 units vs. 34,000 units. Granted that's for all pickup models, but still, I don't see a reason for Ford to offer incentives. At least not yet. If you want incentives on a '15 you will most likely have to wait until the '16's come out or vehicle sales slow down. Maybe next winter.

IMO the Ram grill is ugly. The same design is used across just about every vehicle line Dodge builds. I want my truck to look like a truck. Not a soccer mom minivan.
---

2012 F-350 Lariat CC SRW FX4 LB

Old 05-05-2014, 02:20 PM
rockymtford
New User
IMO everything from the grill to the tailgate is the same, Install a custom grill, any powertrain you like spend a million $, its still a Dodge.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:29 PM
720Deere
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ram......the only pickup to ever change its name to hide from its reputation!

Old 05-05-2014, 04:58 PM
goatram
Mountain Pass

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 720Deere
Ram......the only pickup to ever change its name to hide from its reputation!
LIKE!!!

Old 05-05-2014, 05:17 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by goatram
LIKE!!!
I LOVE IT!!!!

Old 05-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Your incentive is called good old fashioned haggling. I didn't pay 70k+ for my incoming 2015 F350 King Ranch, I guarantee you that.

I gave my local dealer first dibs on my money and they accepted my terms. I was ready to call dealers from CA to CT if need be, and have done so in the past. Don't be afraid to ask. I go straight to the sales manager as well.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:42 PM
TRENT310
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What's new about the new GM? I have to drive these things at work all the time and the gutless 6.0L is still the same old gutless 6.0L Vortec. I already grenaded the transmission in one and it has less than 20,000km.

I'd have no trouble buying a new Ram when it comes time for a new truck for me. Most people have a preferred brand, then a second choice, then a 'never again' vehicle. For me, that's Ford, Ram, and GM, in that order.