2020 super duty - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2020 super duty

  #1  
Old 12-03-2018, 02:41 PM
Lumberman12
Lumberman12 is offline
Freshman User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 45
Lumberman12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2020 super duty

When do think ford will release more info on the 2020 SD ???
 
  #2  
Old 12-03-2018, 09:41 PM
Rooftop
Rooftop is online now
Junior User
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 94
Rooftop is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think there holding out as long as possible because there is enough changes going to happen that it might hurt 2019 sales. when people see it and the new improvements they will stop buying the 19’s and ford doesn’t want that.
 
  #3  
Old 12-03-2018, 10:14 PM
SD2
SD2 is offline
Junior User
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 92
SD2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hopefully after the new year but still might not be for a while. The good news for the 2019s is that they might offer some nice rebates.
 
  #4  
Old 12-03-2018, 10:18 PM
hindy
hindy is online now
Senior User
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 101
hindy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Rooftop View Post
I think there holding out as long as possible because there is enough changes going to happen that it might hurt 2019 sales. when people see it and the new improvements they will stop buying the 19’s and ford doesn’t want that.
⬆️ That and GM and FCA are coming out with new 2020 models which means F doesn't want to show their cards too soon .
 
  #5  
Old 12-03-2018, 10:59 PM
Lariatdriver
Lariatdriver is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: High desert Nevada
Posts: 125
Lariatdriver is starting off with a positive reputation.
I wonder how the new big block gas motor will tow?
 
  #6  
Old 12-04-2018, 07:29 AM
srkr
srkr is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arlington,Tx
Posts: 1,759
srkr has a very good reputation on FTE.srkr has a very good reputation on FTE.srkr has a very good reputation on FTE.srkr has a very good reputation on FTE.
I’m betting little changes. Come on truckmwas revamped 3 years ago. Fords history is every 6-7 years on large changes.
 
  #7  
Old 12-04-2018, 08:09 AM
George C's Avatar
George C
George C is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 305
George C is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I’m betting HUGE changes.
The current truck is meh at best. Basic interior, basic technology, and riding on a old/new body design that is quickly running out of steam. The current truck will look very old when the competition releases their new stuff this spring. Lots can be done to update the look of the exterior without a body change. The interior needs a lot of love to bring up to date.

RAM will have a new truck, with a MAJOR interior update coming. GM is unveiling an all new design which will be something sweet in the Denali, so Ford will not sit on their rears and let market share slip. If they do, all options are open for me, and I’m sure for others in 2020.

Im expecting a major interior upgrade. New front grilles with a different LED headlight look. New tailgate and tail lights. Hopefully new colors, and not the same ole’ same ole’ utility colors they’ve been stuck in for the last 30 years.
 
  #8  
Old 12-04-2018, 08:12 AM
willynilly
willynilly is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 413
willynilly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
sounds like ram isnt doing a complete overhaul for atleast another year or two. maybe the decided to do more testing and get their ducks in a row
 
  #9  
Old 12-04-2018, 08:13 AM
George C's Avatar
George C
George C is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 305
George C is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by willynilly View Post
sounds like ram isnt doing a complete overhaul for atleast another year or two. maybe the decided to do more testing and get their ducks in a row
I think Ram will be overhauling their heavies in 2021, and releasing them sometime early in 2020. They will be offering their incredible Limited interior in that truck.. If they did in 2020, I’m there.

Ford and GM are so far off from competing with RAM’s interior, that I’m sure we will see a response in the new 2020.
 
  #10  
Old 12-04-2018, 08:19 AM
FractureCritical
FractureCritical is online now
Senior User
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 359
FractureCritical is starting off with a positive reputation.
It'll be the first year for the new 'big block' gas motor and the first year for the new 10 speed transmission.
If there's one thing that the universe agrees upon, it's that Ford SUCKS at doing 'new' for anything, but for engines and transmissions in particular.
I'm sure the 2021's will be fine after Ford's crack team of idiot engineers are done using the 2020 owners as beta testers.
 
  #11  
Old 12-04-2018, 08:22 AM
George C's Avatar
George C
George C is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 305
George C is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by FractureCritical View Post
It'll be the first year for the new 'big block' gas motor and the first year for the new 10 speed transmission.
If there's one thing that the universe agrees upon, it's that Ford SUCKS at doing 'new' for anything, but for engines and transmissions in particular.
I'm sure the 2021's will be fine after Ford's crack team of idiot engineers are done using the 2020 owners as beta testers.
I don’t know about that.
I bought one of the first 1999 trucks to roll off the line. One of the first 6.0L trucks, one of the first 6.4L trucks without issue. Yeah, the 6.0 was good luck on my part, and the 6.4L needed a total delete, which was not Fords issue, but rather EGR technology issues at the time. The 6.4L was without doubt the easiest 1,180 lbs of torque to be made. 8 years without a single problem.

The 10 speed is a joint effort with GM, with BOTH companies reputations on the line. I’m sure they’ve learned a lot with hundreds of thousands of 10 speeds on the road right now with millions of miles worth of data. If issues do arise, they are usually software related and easily adjusted. Personally, I can’t wait. My wife’s Yukon Denali has one, and it’s almost a seamless shift.
 
  #12  
Old 12-04-2018, 09:14 AM
Ben Elliott
Ben Elliott is offline
Junior User
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 72
Ben Elliott is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by George C View Post
I’m betting HUGE changes.
The current truck is meh at best. Basic interior, basic technology, and riding on a old/new body design that is quickly running out of steam. The current truck will look very old when the competition releases their new stuff this spring. Lots can be done to update the look of the exterior without a body change. The interior needs a lot of love to bring up to date.

RAM will have a new truck, with a MAJOR interior update coming. GM is unveiling an all new design which will be something sweet in the Denali, so Ford will not sit on their rears and let market share slip. If they do, all options are open for me, and I’m sure for others in 2020.

Im expecting a major interior upgrade. New front grilles with a different LED headlight look. New tailgate and tail lights. Hopefully new colors, and not the same ole’ same ole’ utility colors they’ve been stuck in for the last 30 years.
basic technology ? Ram and GM are both coming out with new models just to break even vs Ford.

I have a 16 duramax ltz- which other then the front hood scoop has all the technology it offers, it’s loaded , I have a ram 3500 which is probably closer technology wise to ford with start push button, but both are coming out with new models just to hang with Ford. I’m not even a “Ford “ guy, just always wanted a king ranch since I was a kid so I bought a loaded 350 KR.

All trucks have same colors - you can argue which one is better and which one offers better exterior packages like Z71 custom sport bs RAM blacked out versions and now Fords lariat sport but other then that , you can’t knock Ford for being behind the curve.

I got a brochure in the mail of the 1500 GM and they didn’t even have an interior photo other then their “camera trailer options” which ford was the first to come out with because they know they screwed up compared to Rams interior.

I see f-150 being re-designed first to compeat with Rams interior. I see GM losing its spot to Ram honestly. 2020 super duty will probably offer more grills/ custom options to compete with RAM “cooler” options and possibly the 10 speed and 7.2 gas- but keep everything else the same for another 2 years- just like GM with the LP5- didn’t change anything else for what looks like will be 3 model years 17-18-19


 
  #13  
Old 12-04-2018, 09:55 AM
someday
someday is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: midwest
Posts: 1,073
someday is starting off with a positive reputation.
seems too soon, maybe 2021 revamp?
 
  #14  
Old 12-04-2018, 10:26 AM
delorenzomp
delorenzomp is offline
Senior User
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 395
delorenzomp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by George C View Post
I’m betting HUGE changes.
The current truck is meh at best. Basic interior, basic technology, and riding on a old/new body design that is quickly running out of steam. The current truck will look very old when the competition releases their new stuff this spring. Lots can be done to update the look of the exterior without a body change. The interior needs a lot of love to bring up to date.

RAM will have a new truck, with a MAJOR interior update coming. GM is unveiling an all new design which will be something sweet in the Denali, so Ford will not sit on their rears and let market share slip. If they do, all options are open for me, and I’m sure for others in 2020.

Im expecting a major interior upgrade. New front grilles with a different LED headlight look. New tailgate and tail lights. Hopefully new colors, and not the same ole’ same ole’ utility colors they’ve been stuck in for the last 30 years.

I want a truck to be a truck, not an over-sized car...I hope Ford sticks to making trucks...boxy, capable trucks !
 
  #15  
Old 12-04-2018, 10:37 AM
mptjelgin
mptjelgin is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 100
mptjelgin is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by delorenzomp View Post
I want a truck to be a truck, not an over-sized car...I hope Ford sticks to making trucks...boxy, capable trucks !
I agree. I pull a 15000 pound fifth wheel all over the country. I don't need a pretty truck...
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.