1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OT - Cat's Easter Surprise

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 09:05 AM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
OT - Cat's Easter Surprise

Gosh, sure is nice and sunny here. Grass is coming around and the daffodils will be blooming this week. The view in the UP? Not so much:

Enjoy!

Old 04-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Cat906
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol! I had to drive to school in this crap today. Supposed to get 6-10" of snow on Wednesday, too. Old man winter needs to take a MASSIVE dose of sedatives and knock this ****** off!
But it was in the mid- to upper 40s this weekend and I got the brakes fixed on my four-wheeler! Took a ride yesterday, the lakes we visited were still 98% closed. Looks like it's gonna be a short summer up nort!

Old 04-14-2014, 06:25 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It snowing here right now

Old 04-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Cat906
Senior User
I feel your pain, Chris!

Old 04-14-2014, 06:37 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
You both can just keep that stuff to yourselves - thankyouverymuch.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:54 PM
toby tough
Posting Guru
Some of us are waiting too.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:05 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sad thing is that it was 80 here on Saturday

Old 04-14-2014, 07:22 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Where is that damn Global Warming?!! I've been waiting for it and it just won't show up!!

Old 04-14-2014, 07:32 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It was 80 here this morning at 9 am and by noon it was 50 and lots of rain. We have been running our AC for the last 3 weeks, tonight we have a fire going. Low 40's for the next two nights. Definite climate change. Some strange weather around, this week it will be in the 50's during the day in Anchorage (my cousin lives there) which is about what we are supposed to get. They will barely reach freezing at night this week. Meanwhile in Benson MN (where I was born) it will be 19 tonight.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:48 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
These weather swings are just nuts! I realize that it's April and all, but man this is goofy across all of North America.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:18 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
It seems to me every year, as long as I can remember, people were always saying, "This is some crazy weather." I don't think any of us have lived long enough to know what normal is.

I do know I need some warmth. I was going to get my trucks out this weekend but when I stepped outside on Saturday I felt the cold and dampness, turned around and went inside and watched TV all day.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:27 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news guys but it seems to be world wide, cold where it should be hot, and visa versa, stronger storms and more of them. I think the weather patterns have changed for the long term. Its pretty scary stuff. I don't know about the rest of the US, but in Calif. everywhere I remember farms and orchards as a younger man are now tract homes using the water that the farmers need to survive. I really feel bad for those of you who are feeling the brunt of the weather changes. Of course this is just my observation. Maybe that's why I love these old trucks so much, they remind me of a different time in our history, a better time I think. I hope warmer weather is coming soon for you guys, you deserve a break.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:49 PM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Was 17 degrees here Sunday morning. No snow though......

Old 04-14-2014, 08:58 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
I can remember when I was in high school, late 70s to early '80s, the winters were something else. I can remember the city using huge tractor mounted snowblowers to clear the streets, there was a 5-6 high wall of snow in front of the high school, a year or two later the snow was so bad the city was using the National Guard to pull cars off the side of the street and stacking them 3-4 high in vacant land. I can also remember during this same time that it got so cold that out of the four cars in our driveway my car was the only one that would start and once it was started we left it run all day. Then the following 10-15 years hardly having any snow and temperatures stayed in the 30° range.

It's all cyclonal, I don't think the weather have gotten any stranger if you look at the big picture, not just the last 10 years or so. Scaring people can make other people good money.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:33 AM
Aus56
Elder User
Former NASA Scientist:

Global Warming Is 'Nonsense'
A prominent scientist and former NASA researcher has added his voice to those who challenge the "scientific fact" that man made carbon emissions are causing global warming.

Dr. Leslie Woodcock is a professor emeritus of chemical thermodynamics at the University of Manchester in England, with a Ph.D. from the University of London, and served as a senior research consultant at the Wright-Patterson Air Force Laboratory in Ohio.

In an interview with Britain's Yorkshire Evening Post, Woodcock declared: "The theory of 'man made climate change' is an unsubstantiated hypothesis.
"The theory is that CO2 emitted by burning fossil fuel causes 'global warming.' In fact, water is a much more powerful greenhouse gas and there is 20 times more of it in our atmosphere than carbon dioxide.

"Carbon dioxide has been made out to be some kind of toxic gas but the truth is it's the gas of life. We breathe it out, plants breathe it in. The green lobby has created a do-good industry and it becomes a way of life, like a religion. I understand why people defend it when they have spent so long believing in it."
Woodcock is also a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, a founding editor of the journal Molecular Simulation, a recipient of a Max Planck Society Visiting Fellowship, and a former guest scientist at the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology.

He went on to say: "If you talk to real scientists who have no political interest, they will tell you there is nothing in global warming. It's an industry which creates vast amounts of money for some people.

"The temperature of the earth has been going up and down for millions of years. If there are extremes, it's nothing to do with carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, it's not permanent and it's not caused by us. Global warming is nonsense.

"It's become almost an industry, as a consequence of this professional misconduct by government advisers around the world." But he added: "You can't blame ordinary people with little or no science education for wanting to be seen to be good citizens who care about their grandchildren's future and the environment."

Quick Reply: OT - Cat's Easter Surprise