1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

no clutch pressure any ideas ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 03:57 PM
hunter444
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no clutch pressure any ideas ?

Well as we know I messed up my truck hauling to much I have no pressure in the pedal when It broke there was a puddle of brake fluid so today I put a new slave in and a new clutch master cylinder and still can't get any pressure so I took out the bleeder screw and pushed the peddle and some brake fluid came out and after that still no pressure in the peddle any ideas

Old 03-22-2014, 05:18 PM
madpogue
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Water (or brake fluid?) under the bridge, but when you replace both the master and slave, it's a MUCH better deal to buy the complete pre-built pre-filled pre-bled master-line-slave kit. Easier to install and no bleeding. If you think you have the option to return what you bought, it might still be worth considering.

You probably still have air in the system. Is the bleeder screw on the master or the slave (usu. there isn't one on either)?

Do you have an assistant? Maybe the hydraulics are working fine, and the pressure plate fingers have let go. If you have someone who can help you, slide under the truck and watch the fork as your helper works the clutch pedal.

Old 03-22-2014, 06:39 PM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I know when my car's clutch went out, it ended up being my throwout bearing. Any noise when you press the clutch in?

Old 03-22-2014, 07:38 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you just replaced the master and slave as separate pieces, and not the pre-bled kit that was mentioned above, then you definitely still have air in the system.
The only way I have found to successfully bleed these things is separate all three pieces...slave , line and master. Clamp the slave in a vice with the push rod end slightly downhill and the hole where the line goes on top. Pour about a cup or so of brake fluid in a clean bowl and use an eye dropper to put the fluid in the hole in the slave where the line goes. Fill the hole with fluid then ever so slowly push the rod in and you will see the air bubbles in the hole. Keep doing this until the slave is full of fluid and no more air comes out. Leave the slave clamped in the vice.
Next, hold the end of the line that goes to the master up and try to get fluid poured down it until it comes out the bottom, then put your finger over the bottom. Put the line in the slave losing as little fluid as possible out of it. Make sure the o-ring is in place when you do this.
Once you have the line connected to the slave, take the slave out of the vice and set it on the floor while holding the line up. Clamp the master in the vice with the cap up. Attach the line to the master, again making sure the o-ring is in place, then pour just enough fluid in it to cover the bottom of the reservoir. Again, very slowly push the rod on the slave in. You will see and hear more air come up in the master. Add just enough fluid to cover the bottom of the reservoir after each time you push the slave rod in. When you don't have any more air coming up, fill the reservoir to the line, put the cap on, and install the system as a whole.
Hope I explained that so you could understand it, and good luck with it.