Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Delaware Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Delaware Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fire240

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-26-2013, 04:59 AM
Junior User

J.McConnell is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lift Laws

Wanted to see if anyone out there knows specifics on Delaware Inspection guidelines for lift height.

I've seen it stated multiple places (threads here and other sites) that it is 30" to the bottom of the bumper, and a maximum 54" to the center of the headlights. Also a max 3" body lift.

Went to DMV's website and it said 22" to bottom of bumper (54" headlights is still the same).

Anybody ever get hassled for this? Just bought a truck up in PA with a 4" suspension lift, so the bumpers are 26-27" off the ground. I know I've seen lifted trucks out there higher than 2 feet to the bumper. Is this just something on the books but not really enforced?
Old 12-28-2013, 04:54 PM
"Obsessed"

SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.SCRWDRVR has a great reputation on FTE.
I have 8" of lift on my truck and don't get hassled for my height but I do put the stock 32's on my truck to go though inspection because my 35's are to wide and will fail. I also always inspect my vehicles up north in New Castle County because there not idiots up there and make up there own laws.....

Brian DELAWARE CHAPTER

2005 F150 Lariat Supercrew 5.4 4WD
1986 F150 XL LB I6 2WD
2008 Scion xB
Old 12-28-2013, 04:54 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Delaware Chapter