Stereo Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 01:15 PM
Ecoboost97
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stereo Issues?

I have a 2011 f150 lariat
My sync has always had problems and the dealer I use just Makes excuses and says they tested it it works fine. So one day I recorded them doing the "test" all they did to check it was say Bluetooth while using voice commands and tell me works fine. That is not even close to checking the issues I have been having. I'm tired of dealing with the dealer.

Problems i have been having:
1: The index always gets full and there is no way to delete it. So my voice commands will no longer work.
2: It will randomly kick me off the sync option and I will not be able to go back to it until I turn the truck of and open the door. (sometimes it takes at least 3 tries)
3: I will be using voice commands to choose a song it will work fine then I will do it again and it will say "voice commands not available with this device" when I just used the voice commands.
4: The unit will say Auto play unavailable then the screen will say indexing and never finish Indexing or play music until I turn the truck off and unplug the device.
5: When I choose a song most of the time the incorrect song name will be displayed on the unit.

This has happened from the day I bought it. My dealer always blames the iPod And every time I bring it they say "is the iPod up to date?" every time I say It is. They say will test it and as far as I know they only check Bluetooth.

Anyone having similar issues?

Old 10-14-2013, 08:24 PM
FORD COASTIE
Supporter of Patriotism
Received 2,363 Likes on 1,709 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issues. Have you tried loading your songs on a flash drive to rule out any issues with your iPod? Might be worth giving it a shot. I have mine loaded on a flash drive and have never experienced anything like this.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:43 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Have you tried doing a hard reboot of the system? You can always try removing the battery cable for 2 hours and see if it helps resolve it. the bad part is that it will also reset your CPU and your TCU.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:17 AM
04XLTRUNNER
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I fixed my indexing issue last week by

1. disconnecting anything connected, bluetooth and usb.
2.Deleted all connected bluetooth devices in the sync menu and forgot the connection to sync on my iphone.
3.Turned the radio off, then the truck and restarted.
4. Reconnect my ipod via usb, then my phone with bluetooth.

Everything indexed and is working great.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:27 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Ecoboost97
I have a 2011 f150 lariat
My sync has always had problems and the dealer I use just Makes excuses and says they tested it it works fine. So one day I recorded them doing the "test" all they did to check it was say Bluetooth while using voice commands and tell me works fine. That is not even close to checking the issues I have been having. I'm tired of dealing with the dealer.

Problems i have been having:
1: The index always gets full and there is no way to delete it. So my voice commands will no longer work.
2: It will randomly kick me off the sync option and I will not be able to go back to it until I turn the truck of and open the door. (sometimes it takes at least 3 tries)
3: I will be using voice commands to choose a song it will work fine then I will do it again and it will say "voice commands not available with this device" when I just used the voice commands.
4: The unit will say Auto play unavailable then the screen will say indexing and never finish Indexing or play music until I turn the truck off and unplug the device.
5: When I choose a song most of the time the incorrect song name will be displayed on the unit.

This has happened from the day I bought it. My dealer always blames the iPod And every time I bring it they say "is the iPod up to date?" every time I say It is. They say will test it and as far as I know they only check Bluetooth.

Anyone having similar issues?
Hi Ecoboost97,

There is a lot of great advice that has been posted here. You always want to begin troubleshooting any problems with the peripherals that are interfacing with SYNC. Perform a soft reset on the iPod by holding down the power button and the center select button for about 9 seconds, until the Apple logo displays. You can release when the logo pops up.

If the system continues to have indexing problems, try placing several music files on a USB thumb drive like FORD COASTIE suggested. This is very effective in ironing out the source of the problem as the typical USB flash drive does not have any firmware that SYNC has to contend with in order to access the music. If the USB device works without a problem, check the meta data in your music library by running the SYNC My iTunes application. This piece of software can be found online in your SYNC owner account, under SYNC Updates. You can login or set up an account here: SYNC Technology | SYNC Support | Ford.com

After logging in, use this link in the same browser: https://support.ford.com/tools/account/sync-software SYNC My iTunes is located near the bottom of the page under SYNC Troubleshooting Utilities.

The next step to take, if the issue persists, would be to perform a master reset: How to Perform a Master Reset | SYNC & SYNC with MyFord | Ford.com

Beyond this point, if all the above steps have already been completed, I recommend PrinceValium's suggestion to perform either a battery disconnect or a fuse pull. If you decide take the latter route, you're looking for a 15 amp fuse located in position #2 of the passenger compartment fuse panel, just below the glove box and to the right.

Let me know how it goes or if anything comes up.

Antonio

Old 10-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Ecoboost97
Freshman User
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi Ecoboost97,

There is a lot of great advice that has been posted here. You always want to begin troubleshooting any problems with the peripherals that are interfacing with SYNC. Perform a soft reset on the iPod by holding down the power button and the center select button for about 9 seconds, until the Apple logo displays. You can release when the logo pops up.

If the system continues to have indexing problems, try placing several music files on a USB thumb drive like FORD COASTIE suggested. This is very effective in ironing out the source of the problem as the typical USB flash drive does not have any firmware that SYNC has to contend with in order to access the music. If the USB device works without a problem, check the meta data in your music library by running the SYNC My iTunes application. This piece of software can be found online in your SYNC owner account, under SYNC Updates. You can login or set up an account here: SYNC Technology | SYNC Support | Ford.com

After logging in, use this link in the same browser: https://support.ford.com/tools/account/sync-software SYNC My iTunes is located near the bottom of the page under SYNC Troubleshooting Utilities.

The next step to take, if the issue persists, would be to perform a master reset: How to Perform a Master Reset | SYNC & SYNC with MyFord | Ford.com

Beyond this point, if all the above steps have already been completed, I recommend PrinceValium's suggestion to perform either a battery disconnect or a fuse pull. If you decide take the latter route, you're looking for a 15 amp fuse located in position #2 of the passenger compartment fuse panel, just below the glove box and to the right.

Let me know how it goes or if anything comes up.

Antonio
Thanks for the help everyone. I'm going to try the USB option first. If that does not help im going to pull the fuse for a few hours. Those are the last two things I can try. I have already reset the iPod many times as well as preform a master reset on the unit multiple times. Oh and try the sync my I tunes application to see if that helps too. Thanks for the help Hopefully I figure this out, its the only thing I have been disappointed about with this truck.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:48 PM
QwkTrip
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm still just trying to get over the fact Ford pays people to browse this site looking for opportunities to help people!