Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Senior User

Coronado is starting off with a positive reputation.
disable cruise control with ids?

Hi, i have a newer 2012 f250 that i souls like to disable cruise control on, can this be done with auto ingenuity, our will the dealer have to do it with ids?
Old 10-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
I think you may find that that will take the UDS system to
reprogram that option. That is if they even know how to do that.

My question to you is why?

One way to disable it would be to un-hook the on/off switches.

Sean
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 10-04-2013, 08:18 AM
Senior User

Coronado is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahiko View Post
I think you may find that that will take the UDS system to
reprogram that option. That is if they even know how to do that.

My question to you is why?

One way to disable it would be to un-hook the on/off switches.

Sean
Oh, my company doesn't "believe" in cruise control, they say it makes the driver complacent.... So, they have maintenance disable it on every pickup we get if Ford doesn't do it for us.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Posting Guru

nitrogen is a splendid one to beholdnitrogen is a splendid one to beholdnitrogen is a splendid one to beholdnitrogen is a splendid one to beholdnitrogen is a splendid one to beholdnitrogen is a splendid one to beholdnitrogen is a splendid one to beholdnitrogen is a splendid one to behold
just tell the retards in management that it's no longer possible.

maybe I just like disturbing fecal matter, but I'd love to ask your "management" how many of their company cars have cruise disabled to reduce complacency
Old 10-05-2013, 11:36 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty